• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should be our next manager?

Who do we want as Manager

• Barrett

Votes: 136 34.8%
  • Fagan

Votes: 112 28.6%
  • Paul Hurst

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Tilson

Votes: 30 7.7%
  • Tilson/Maher

Votes: 59 15.1%
  • Brown

Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Bentley

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 37 9.5%
  • Bart

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Tisdale

Votes: 29 7.4%
  • Maher

Votes: 52 13.3%

• Total voters
Yeah but I’m a luxury player so you’d have to build the team around me.

Seems fair. But be warned, I can only pay you £5k a week, and you must have pre-existing injury concerns, preferably shot knees & knackered hamstrings.

sounds like club soon g
Seems fair. But be warned, I can only pay you £5k a week, and you must have pre-existing injury concerns, preferably shot knees & knackered hamstrings.
[/QUOTE seems we headed for relegation and embargo ,paying such high wages to a crock,im sure there will be plenty of unrest in the dressing room too .

I just feel the time is all wrong for AB, Kev is a better bet because he used to manage the u23s that will make up the squad next season. Fagan by all accounts has been in contact with at least some of the squad and will have an idea of what we need to improve. He's also more widely known in the game than either KM of AB which could be of benefit when trying to get some of the experience that we need along with having played at all levels for a decent number of clubs so will be better connected.

and to top it all off he's already at the club.

What about Fagan and Tilson? Do they know each other? On the face of it, they could be a good managerial combination. No compensation needs to be paid to get them on board.

My view is that anyone that wants the job must be desperate and therefore immediately discounted.

We need someone that needs persuading.

I think we should appoint someone who has shown passion and commitment for the club. A former player that fans consider to be a legend and has cult like status. A player that knows the art of defending and knows where the back of the bet is. An international who has played in the best leagues in Europe, a born leader that will be a great influence on our young squad. Step forward Bilel Moshni?

I think we should appoint someone who has shown passion and commitment for the club. A former player that fans consider to be a legend and has cult like status. A player that knows the art of defending and knows where the back of the bet is. An international who has played in the best leagues in Europe, a born leader that will be a great influence on our young squad. Step forward Bilel Moshni?
You've been on the magic mushrooms again haven't you?

I just feel the time is all wrong for AB, Kev is a better bet because he used to manage the u23s that will make up the squad next season. Fagan by all accounts has been in contact with at least some of the squad and will have an idea of what we need to improve. He's also more widely known in the game than either KM of AB which could be of benefit when trying to get some of the experience that we need along with having played at all levels for a decent number of clubs so will be better connected.

and to top it all off he's already at the club.
Exactly. And therefore a fairly obvious, relatively cheap choice that makes sense on many levels.

Can anyone see a Director of Football type scenario. A Maher and Fagan as Head Coach and Coach with say a Peter Taylor in the background? Someone like Taylor or maybe someone else well connected with the club who knows there way around the game and divisions- Taylor would be pretty cheap I imagine (most recently at Dagenham?)
Please no to Peter Taylor. I reckon it will be Phil Brown coming back short term with either Barrett or Maher as ‘trainee’ manager mentored by him.

Please no to Peter Taylor. I reckon it will be Phil Brown coming back short term with either Barrett or Maher as ‘trainee’ manager mentored by him.

That sounds like a very expensive option for Southend. Phil Brown probably would not come back simply to train someone else to take his place, and I am not sure he can teach Barrett, Maher or Fagan how to become a good manager.

I don't get this thing with Brown. Besides, when he was with us he'd flirt with vacancies that came up elsewhere yet, even though he left the mighty Hyderabad FC at the start of this year, he is still to do likewise with our vacancy since Sol departed. To me that is quite telling as regards to his desire to return or perhaps his relationship with Ron.

I'm happy for us to move forward rather than look back.

The only worry for Fagan when fans get angry and wanted him out when we are bottom of League 2 after 10 games, losing 3-1 at home to Orient.

Huh. I mentioned Lee Bradbury on Twitter. Guess who liked that tweet last night? His son, professional footballer for Millwall, Harvey. Coincidence?

What about Fagan and Tilson? Do they know each other? On the face of it, they could be a good managerial combination. No compensation needs to be paid to get them on board.
Fagan was still playing football when Tilson was the manager, I suppose since Tilson still goes to matches they might have spoken a few times but I'd be suprised if they knew each other well enough for Fagan to consider him as a potential assistant unless Ron told him to do it to buy some goodwill with the fans.

Back