• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Statement from Ron Martin (16/9/20)

Those statements seriously need more rigorous proof reading (or any at all)
If players are overpaid, surely that is Ron Martin's fault? Managers will always push for more players as it is their job on the line. Ron Martin is the man to look after the interests of the club. He should stop blaming others, take responsibility, learn from it and improve.
That thing about Hump was clearly not a dig at Molesley, stop looking for things that aren't there.

So we are allowed 22 players on squad list but Seadon, Bwomono, Mitchell Nelson, Richard Taylor, Tom Clifford, Michael Klass, Eren Kinali, Lewis Gard ,Tyrell Egbri Charlie Kelman, and Matt Rush dont count. ( thats eleven under 22 years ) Ron didnt mention this

He does like the number 6. We had 6 coming in not long ago
Bwomono, Clifford, Klass and Gard are all 21 so I guess could all count in the 22 - depending on when the Under 21 cut off date is. Klass has been left out of the 22 named squad leaving gaps to be filled.

Hmmmm!
nothing to do with messaging humps Mrs plus since that allegedly a club official and another players mrs!? (And no!!! Don't ask names!)I
And yes I have used allegedly on purpose as I wasn't there when it happened
You mean you weren’t in sol Campbell’s hotel bedroom when it happened ??

To even hint at promotion is pathetic & an insult to the intelligence of the fans. Just tell us how you intend to get us out of this mess Ron - that is what we want, no aimless pie in the sky bull**** but truth & a genuine plan.

Sick of watching the club dying before our eyes and just waiting for someone to flick the switch on the life support machine. ?

One word to describe his statement - condescending.....

It’s everyone else’s fault nothing to do with him. He’s only the Chairman.

Professional in that it Ron does not put blame onto others.

He doesn’t put blame on himself. Saint Ron isn’t demanding more cash from you. Saint Ron got rid of all those nasty players for you. Saint Ron didn’t want to sell Stephen Humphries.

He manages to - obliquely or otherwise - blame Sol Campbell, CardNet, Mark Moseley and all the players that shockingly didn’t want to be at a football club where they couldn’t depend on getting their wages every month.

He’s a snake oil salesman. He reminds me of Barry Hearn, but without the clout or charisma. Wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him.

Your right.

Cardnet purely provides a processing facility .They are not a credit card provider.Should a chargeback claim be appropriate the claim is against the credit card provider
Lloyds Banking Group will in all likelihood have frozen the payment account linked to the Cardnet facility.
This has nothing to do with matches being played or the like it’s 100% to do with the bank protecting themselves should a claim be made against them by a creditor.

You're wrong. Trust me.

A competent CEO and that statement is going nowhere near the official website. Ron is sounding more like the Bury FC owner with every day passing (somewhat worryingly)!

Did he really just hint at promotion? Mind blown....
Yes he did.....
Did he really just hint at promotion? Mind blown....

Yes he did hint at promotion ......as someone said earlier he is very similar to Donald Trump with the crap he comes out with......remember the injecting with disinfectant comedy routine?
The Don and Ron show.......both from another planet!

He doesn’t put blame on himself. Saint Ron isn’t demanding more cash from you. Saint Ron got rid of all those nasty players for you. Saint Ron didn’t want to sell Stephen Humphries.

He manages to - obliquely or otherwise - blame Sol Campbell, CardNet, Mark Moseley and all the players that shockingly didn’t want to be at a football club where they couldn’t depend on getting their wages every month.

He’s a snake oil salesman. He reminds me of Barry Hearn, but without the clout or charisma. Wouldn’t trust him as far as I could throw him.

Talking of Barry Hearn, I see him on the BBC a few weeks ago just after the crowds were banned from the Crucible. Don’t know how old he is now?....but he’s still got it. Funny, sharp, lively, witty, engaging. In a 10 minute interview you could see how he has done so well over the years , and then you come to our Ron.......

A competent CEO and that statement is going nowhere near the official website. Ron is sounding more like the Bury FC owner with every day passing (somewhat worryingly)!

If Southend cannot afford a CEO, then maybe the club could appoint a senior administrator to help forward planning, prepare for deadlines, and oversee the website etc.

You're wrong. Trust me.

Cardnet did indeed update its rules in Sept 19.

They basically can indeed without monies pending Cashback claims or ask for any sort of guarantee they determine pending any on going, or indeed future cash back claims.

Apologies you are 100% correct.

Makes you wonder why Cardnet continues to be used and yes I know what the statement says in this regard.

Can't see how Cardnet can operate like that. Them whitholding the money is more likely that we will fold and could well be a contributing factor into the possible demise of our club.

If i bought petrol on a credit card from a petrol station that is close to closing, do Cardnet drip feed the monies a little bit per day on the assumption that i can't possibly use all of the petrol up in one go?

Understand their reasoning for holding onto the monies and then paying a little bit each month. Sort of like a regular cash flow, but I would like the money that i paid to Southend United to be passed to Southend United.

Can't see how Cardnet can operate like that. Them whitholding the money is more likely that we will fold and could well be a contributing factor into the possible demise of our club.

If i bought petrol on a credit card from a petrol station that is close to closing, do Cardnet drip feed the monies a little bit per day on the assumption that i can't possibly use all of the petrol up in one go?

Understand their reasoning for holding onto the monies and then paying a little bit each month. Sort of like a regular cash flow, but I would like the money that i paid to Southend United to be passed to Southend United.

Unfortunately their business model is largely based on assessing credit risk and will act based on what they feel the perceived risk is to their business of their customers. Clearly a company (SUFC) who is under a current WUO and has known financial problems for some time is considered a high risk and so they will transact on terms they feel are sensible to them (ie limit their exposure until they have confidence perhaps that the business is on sound basis)

The issue is why Ron choose to use them to take ST money - it could be that he felt he had no other choice (perhaps others declined to offer a service to him) and so he had to accept whatever terms they imposed, or he just hadn't checked the terms properly but if its in the contract they offer and Ron agreed to you can't really blame them for this situation (although i'm sure Rigsby will at some point)

Laughable. This HMRC debt is what 9 MONTHS old, or am I mistaken?....this should of been settled when due at the start of the year Pre-Covid, so that is not an excuse either, along with the crap about Cardnet.

Rarely does a business that starts a downward spiral survive long term unless major major capital is invested.

I mentioned yesterday that one of the conditions of the agreed delay was that returns needed to be completed.

Getting continual WUO and settling them from current cash flow is risky enough on its own but add in Covid, relegation and the delays in enforcing what is now a very old debt now has Southend in an almost impossible position.
OK the moratorium on post March debt enforcement will help short term but it’s only a delay and if those returns reveal significant other debt then where does that leave the club in terms of bringing in players

The rules around the embargo are as clear as mud. But Ron seems pretty confident we'll be able to bring in these players.

I think realistically we have to consider that the club is, at least short-term, in real dire straits. If we can bring these players in, it will certainly help but realistically we're more than four players short of a competent side. If we can be in touch with the rest of the bottom clubs come January 1, with the embargo lifted, that would be a genuinely good outcome for us.

This is what led me to the conclusion that this was a cunning plan by Ron. I'm now confused and lost! All I (we) can do is wait until about this time next month to find out whether this was indeed a cunning plan...................... or a cunning con. As long as we can strenthen the side with some more experience then there is a possibility we can avoid the disasterous first-half of the season we had last year. It's certainly not the way I would like to see my football club run but, as I see it, like or loath him Ron is our only hope at the moment.

Back