• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Alan McCormack Signs

Sorry as I know this will have been explained elsewhere but how come we can sign AM and the Barnet lad if we’re under an embargo?

Despite being under an embargo we are allowed to replace players who have left so long as we don't have more than 23 Professionals who have played for the Club and so long as they are earning no more than 75% of the player that they are replacing.

Humphrys leaving freed up one spot. It seems up in the air at the moment as to where the second spot is coming from.

I am as we all are deeply concerned not only on our abysmal showings these last few years..but on the very future of the club we love ...40 plus years is a bug I can't break of watching the town I was born in football club . I do believe in MM and the 2 signings today have at least I believe made us competitive

I replied to this thread on the SUFC facebook page earlier, & said ' he wouldn't have signed till jan, if he thought the club would go to the wall in 42 days?.'
I also added that Ron has yet to say how he'd pay the £493,000 by then?.
Surprise, surprise,my post was not allowed!. So come on Ron, what's the big secret?. What's the plan?.
I'd be happy to contribute to a save SUFC fund, but not unless RM gives us more info, & not treat us like mushrooms?.

Or maybe we only offered him a contract until January based on his age; no point tying him up to a long contract, so IMO the right thing to do

I am as we all are deeply concerned not only on our abysmal showings these last few years..but on the very future of the club we love ...40 plus years is a bug I can't break of watching the town I was born in football club . I do believe in MM and the 2 signings today have at least I believe made us competitive

Very much agree, although I think a couple more changes in personnel are needed. On the face of it these are two signings should make a big difference fingers crossed.

It’s a good signing. If we can get a good hour a week out of him, then that’s a massive improvement. Central midfield was absent on Saturday. We got bullied in there for most of last season too. To have macca in there with Dieng or Demi, and letting one of the kids have the odd 30 minutes or a start when someone is out is much more balanced.

Lol, I'm still here, just been incredibly busy with work. I am, of course, delighted at this news, which I called here:

2nd July 2020

3 promotions in a row - could absolutely still do a job for us - Phil Brown almost re-signed him a few years back but someone couldn't find the pen in time.

Funnily enough, I was on the phone last night helping securing his sponsorship......but not for me, instead for a very dear friend of mine!

He loved his time at Southend before, loved the area, loved the fans. Always wanted to finish his playing career here. He is EXACTLY what we need in the side, someone with some passion, leadership and ability - I'd have loved to have seen what he'd have said to Oxley last weekend! Totally bossed the midfield the last couple of times we've played against sides with him in.

Even if we only get two thirds of a game out of him, it'll be a huge improvement.

Welcome back Macca!

Oh, and Kev has been thoroughly warned about some of the ribbing I'm likely to get on the back of this - and he's been every bit as bad as some of you are! :Smile:

Goodness, I don't know the backstory to all of this but it's beginning to sound like Annie Wilkes in Misery.

The backstory is this, @OldBlueLady and Macca were in a relationship some time ago, and they were madly in love. They were married briefly, and were photographed in their wedding outfits inside Roots Hall. Kay will be pleased to hear that I lost that photo years ago ?, but the real OG’s remember.

Sadly it wasn’t to be, and their whirlwind romance fizzled out when Macca decided he couldn’t resist the glitz and glam of Greenwich & OBL wasn’t interested in a long distance relationship.

Last edited:
The backstory is this, @OldBlueLady and Macca were in a relationship some time ago, and they were madly in love. They were married briefly, and were photographed in their wedding outfits inside Roots Hall. Kay will be pleased to hear that I lost that photo years ago ?, but the real OG’s remember.

Sadly it wasn’t to be, and their whirlwind romance fizzled out when Macca decided be couldn’t resist the glitz and glam of Greenwich & OBL wasn’t interested in a long distance relationship.

HAHAHA!! In your mind! But yes, I am glad about the photo!

Truth is, I used to defend him on here all the time, and people made a ****ing huge mountain out of a tiny molehill with endless leg pulling.

I have my favourite players and they do no wrong in my eyes, Macca wasn't the first of them but he was the first since I joined the Zone.

Truth is, I used to defend him on here all the time, and people made a ****ing huge mountain out of a tiny molehill with endless leg pulling.

I have my favourite players and they do no wrong in my eyes, Macca wasn't the first of them but he was the first since I joined the Zone.

Oh my Kay! , what am I going to do with both you and our “party host” over dinner now ????

John White is going to be upset ! :Hilarious:

Fair play Kay, you always took it in great spirit, which is how it was intended ??

Back