• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The foot bridge at The Bell A127 is being removed from Friday onwards, so expect complete chaos and over run on timings.

Today is 45 days until the end of the Furlough Scheme - it is also the minimum notice period for employers to issue redundancy notice.

Could be a bad day for many.

Our company released on Monday that they have to get rid of 35% of the workforce. Which is over 250 employees. 8% of my department is being cut. All of those whose job roles are at risk have been informed.

Amazon - I live 5 minutes from Southend Airport and I'm expecting a package from Amazon. This is it's journey so far. Pretty direct, huh?

Screenshot (73).png

Had a video interview yesterday with a few tricky questions.

At the end of the call I muttered a few harsh swears before realising I hadn't ended the call.

I find video interviews really easy. I keep my browser open with various pages on technical things I think they're going to be asking about. Basically I use my computer as a cheat sheet!

Amazon - I live 5 minutes from Southend Airport and I'm expecting a package from Amazon. This is it's journey so far. Pretty direct, huh?

View attachment 12876

Ha!.I'm expecting a couple of books to be delivered tomorrow-also despatched from SOS.

<Delivery By Amazon
Tracking ID: EA0102582477
Friday, 18 September
7:48 AM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility
Barcelona, Barcelona ES
4:40 AM
Package departed an Amazon facility
El Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona ES
12:35 AM
Package departed an Amazon facility
Southend-On-Sea, Essex GB
Thursday, 17 September
7:46 PM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility
Southend-On-Sea, Essex GB

Package has shipped

Times are shown in the local time zone.<

View attachment 12876

When I was a student I had a summer job at Southend Airport. I worked for Atlas Air, who were a partner of UPS. Every night (yep, it was a night job) I would drive to their portacabin quite close to the end of the runway, and miles away from the old terminal building, to process their cargo that had already taken off from Germany (mostly). I would have the time it took to for the plane to land to input all their packages on to the system so that customs could decide if they needed to look at anything.

It seems Southend airport has been used as a cargo hub for some time.

(As an aside, this was in the late 80's/early 90's when BHAFC were in serious financial difficulties. One night I saw a package of 24 pairs of football socks that were being flown over from Germany for the club. The cost of the delivery was in the hundreds of pounds. No wonder they were in financial trouble. They could have bought the socks in this country for less than the courier service.)

Last edited:
Mrs RHB used to be a cleaner for Channel Airways in the early 60's. In those days it was DC-3s and DC-4s. She reckoned that working there early mornings, especially in the summer, was one of the best jobs she ever did.

Sainsbury customers at The Weir; or really at most a sizable minority!

Not masked, or mask tucked under the nose so useless.
None seemed to use sanitise station on hands or trolleys.
Family group shopping who might be believing that less than 6 in a group makes a good family outing.
No alertness to distancing, personal space, movement or not touching products unnecessarily.

20 minutes in there is a useful experience and explanation in observation as to why we are sleep walking back to higher infection r numbers.

Sainsbury customers at The Weir; or really at most a sizable minority!

Not masked, or mask tucked under the nose so useless.
None seemed to use sanitise station on hands or trolleys.
Family group shopping who might be believing that less than 6 in a group makes a good family outing.
No alertness to distancing, personal space, movement or not touching products unnecessarily.

20 minutes in there is a useful experience and explanation in observation as to why we are sleep walking back to higher infection r numbers.
Don’t think anyone’s sleepwalking, it’s hammered home by the news channels and social media 24/7.

I find video interviews really easy. I keep my browser open with various pages on technical things I think they're going to be asking about. Basically I use my computer as a cheat sheet!
TBH I don't know why people don't feel comfortable to use notes in regular interviews. Not going to judge someone who keeps notes and answers the questions well. As long as they're not reading them verbatim or spending ages to find a page then it's fine. Last interview I had I made a one-side sheet that covered various competencies and experiences to ensure I could always come up with good examples. Plus a list of questions for them.

Back