• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Holiday 2021

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
Nope, not a new series for Judith Chalmers!

Just thought I’d enquire if anyone has booked a holiday for this summer yet?

Only to Cornwall in October, wouldn’t risk going abroad this year as nothing is certain with all these idiots turning up at the beaches etc just because the sun came out:Scared:

I had booked to go on a cruise to the Baltic as the ship was going to St Petersburgh and that is one place i wanted to see.
I booked this trip about 18 months ago and got a really price.
I suspect this is going to be cancelled as it is due to depart in June and will be so disappointed but, it is what it is at the mo.
looking to rebook at a later date the cruise itself has increased in price by just over a £1,000 so doubt whether I will now get this holiday so will most likely book something in Corfu, Crete in late September (Covid free of course)

Only to Cornwall in October, wouldn’t risk going abroad this year as nothing is certain with all these idiots turning up at the beaches etc just because the sun came out:Scared:

It's come to something when families going to the beach are described as 'idiots', I think you'll find they are just trying to live a normal life.

Back on topic - nothing much booked this year because it's likley to get cancelled again but do have a trip to a self catering holiday booked for later in the summer (if we are allowed)

We'd moved last June's holiday on 12 months, so we're due to be going to Tenerife in June. Can't see it happening, so we'll look to get a few nights away somewhere then instead, and transfer the holiday to 2022.

We have a long weekend booked in Yorkshire in October, including a return to Tommy Banks' Black Swan at Oldstead.

I really hope that some people will manage to get away, we need some to start using the taxi for airport transfers again!

Last edited:
There is going to be some serious price gouging when it comes to UK holidays and I hate crowds.

There are loads of things to do right on my doorstep in Benfleet so I may complete a few projects instead this year.

Last edited:
We have two holidays abroad booked. Neither of which we had much choice over.

The first is a wedding in Cannes that has already been delayed a year. That is late July. We land back in the UK on the Thursday and fly out to San Francisco the next day for another wedding.

Cannes is fully booked, i.e. hotel and flights, but so far we have only booked the flights to San Francisco. We paid on airmiles so (at least) we won't lose any cash if we can't go. I'd like to think we'd get our airmiles back, but if we don't, at least it isn't cash. The hotel will also give us a discount because the people getting married have done a deal with them

The other problem is that I need a new passport, and then we need to apply for ESTAs for the US. That's not a lot of money, but it could be wasted...

As mentioned elsewhere on this forum, the Maldives in November, flying direct to minimise possible problems caused by landing in other countries.

Have two trips to Spain this year, one in August should be ok, but the one in June is one we keep pushing back with Covid updates!

We have two holidays abroad booked. Neither of which we had much choice over.

The first is a wedding in Cannes that has already been delayed a year. That is late July. We land back in the UK on the Thursday and fly out to San Francisco the next day for another wedding.

Cannes is fully booked, i.e. hotel and flights, but so far we have only booked the flights to San Francisco. We paid on airmiles so (at least) we won't lose any cash if we can't go. I'd like to think we'd get our airmiles back, but if we don't, at least it isn't cash. The hotel will also give us a discount because the people getting married have done a deal with them

The other problem is that I need a new passport, and then we need to apply for ESTAs for the US. That's not a lot of money, but it could be wasted...

Similar to yourself.
Flights booked but no accommodation yet late July into August to Turkey for a wedding postponed from the same time last year and now just looking at Spain for my son's stag weekend at beginning of October, flights only at the moment. Both lots covered on my travel insurance, just in case...
Accommodation booked for December in Northumberland for niece's wedding, again a rebook for a cancelled ceremony December 2020.

Was meant to fly to NY firstly last May, which obviously was cancelled. Rebooked it at the time for last Sept, naively thinking things would have been 'sorted out' by then.
That was also cancelled, & re-booked it for this Sept. Whether that happens who knows?, but at least another 6 months to go yet.
Apart from that, plan to go self catering on North Yorkshire coast hopefully in June, & probably Brighton in Sept for a few days, to 'catch up' with an old mate, which we did last Sept when restrictions had been eased.

My ESTA expires in April, as i'm not going to NY ( hopefully ) till Sept, i'll wait till July to renew. As they last for 2 years, plan to go to USA at least twice next year ( obviously if allowed to ) so at least i'll be getting some use out of it.

Im looking at 2021. Fishing trip to Norway, which will involve two internal flights after arriving at Oslo. It will make Anglesey look busy.

Back