• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Transfer Rumours Thread (Potential New Signings)

It’s an assumption most would make as he is the CEO and RM said football dealings would be passé d over to allow him to focus on FF.

If he hasn't done so doesn't it negate the point of having a CEO
May or may not but I didn’t for one second that Ron wouldn’t stay the final decision maker on certain football matters, particularly around signings and contracts. I believe the phrase is “substance over form”

May or may not but I didn’t for one second that Ron wouldn’t stay the final decision maker on certain football matters, particularly around signings and contracts. I believe the phrase is “substance over form”
Then as i say the point of a CEO is negated to a big degree, I am fairly certain he said Tom would be on all football matters and he would look more into the FF side of things. But if he hasnt then we are no better off than we were before

Then as i say the point of a CEO is negated to a big degree, I am fairly certain he said Tom would be on all football matters and he would look more into the FF side of things. But if he hasnt then we are no better off than we were before
Forget titles. Invariably meaningless. Think of Tom as the General Manager, something we desperately need. In the end Ron is the owner and it’s his money. The reality over the presentation.

Forget titles. Invariably meaningless. Think of Tom as the General Manager, something we desperately need. In the end Ron is the owner and it’s his money. The reality over the presentation.
Sorry disagree we need a CEO someone to run the club, pretty much everyone on this forum agreed. A CEO is very much different in my mind to a general manager. If that is what Tom’s role is it should be clear, a CEO at most football clubs has the final say, has all the budgetary info and can make the decision, if that isnt whats happening we haven’t moved forward the 3 or 4 steps we needed too we have moved 1 to 1 and a half and that is a worrying thought

this is a transfer thread so lets stick to that, sorry mods!!

Last edited:
Height for set pieces and long throws on windy nights in Grimsby when an ugly goal is needed. It can make defences have Akinfenwa panics rather than Acquah light a cigar and enjoy the win type moments.

You wont see those tactics on nice green August pitches v PL under 23 teams but they are a great option if you want to achieve anything in the NL......Just ask the Cowley brothers.

Not a problem.

We’re playing Grimsby on a Saturday afternoon in Cleethorpes (delicious haddock).

Sorry disagree we need a CEO someone to run the club, pretty much everyone on this forum agreed. A CEO is very much different in my mind to a general manager. If that is what Tom’s role is it should be clear, a CEO at most football clubs has the final say, has all the budgetary info and can make the decision, if that isnt whats happening we haven’t moved forward the 3 or 4 steps we needed too we have moved 1 to 1 and a half and that is a worrying thought

this is a transfer thread so lets stick to that, sorry mods!!
Not saying I disagree- but if so why would PB be awaiting Ron’s sign off?
I am not talking about what should be, but suggesting what is, as a humble messenger...

PS agree it’s transfer thread so let’s not prolong- that said it is fundamental to the Holmes situation

Two thirds right actually.

The haddock is delicious.
Last time I watched us play at Grimsby (that infamous match) I tried their legendary haddock and it was vile. The batter was soggy and absolutely dripping in oil. Felt sick. Anyway... also off topic.

Last time I watched us play at Grimsby (that infamous match) I tried their legendary haddock and it was vile. The batter was soggy and absolutely dripping in oil. Felt sick. Anyway... also off topic.
That was the cook not the fish I suspect..

You went to the wrong one, then. There are some terrific fish bars in Grimsby. Returning to the thread title, there may be some transfer rumours in the back pages of The Grimbsy Telegraph the fish is wrapped in...

You went to the wrong one, then. There are some terrific fish bars in Grimsby. Returning to the thread title, there may be some transfer rumours in the back pages of The Grimbsy Telegraph the fish is wrapped in...
Some Grimsby rumours maybe. No good to us. Any tasty hints from Chris Phillips of late?

Back