• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Captain for 2021/22 is John White

Captain for 2021/22

• Total voters
No, I rate him over Gary Deegan but that doesn’t say a lot. And I will praise him if he has a good game. I just don’t see all the fuss around him. Just because he’s been with the club a long time doesn’t make him a legend. He was captain of back to back relegations! I’d like a change!
He was also captain when we last graced Wembley with our presence. Not a legend, I agree, but in this league he's just the man for me. At the end of the day Mr Brown will make the decision as is his right.

He was also captain when we last graced Wembley with our presence. Not a legend, I agree, but in this league he's just the man for me. At the end of the day Mr Brown will make the decision as is his right.

Well he’s not for me.

No, I rate him over Gary Deegan but that doesn’t say a lot. And I will praise him if he has a good game. I just don’t see all the fuss around him. Just because he’s been with the club a long time doesn’t make him a legend. He was captain of back to back relegations! I’d like a change!

I don’t particularly know why White has ever been a captain. He doesn’t scream ‘leader’ at all. In fact that’s been a problem as he never rallies the troops, never speaks all game and is never there in the middle of a scrap protecting his own players.

I don’t particularly know why White has ever been a captain. He doesn’t scream ‘leader’ at all. In fact that’s been a problem as he never rallies the troops, never speaks all game and is never there in the middle of a scrap protecting his own players.

Thats not what a captain does. A captain relays the orders of the manager thats all. Its very old fashioned leadership to expect the troop rallying shtick.

Must be hard having to fight demi away before you can even get to the ref..

I like jw, seems a nice chap. But maybe its time for more of a ******* as captain.

Spot on. Cant believe he's leading the poll (actually, give what the majority of the Zone think of him i can) - shouldnt even be near the first XI. Hoping Coulson can get and stay fit and make the place his own.

Spot on. Cant believe he's leading the poll (actually, give what the majority of the Zone think of him i can) - shouldnt even be near the first XI. Hoping Coulson can get and stay fit and make the place his own.
Yeah, it's a real bugger having a poll you don't agree with. Doesn't make it wrong though in the opinion of 48 posters so far. But at the end of the day our opinions count for nothing.

You must watch a different bloke to me then, seen him do all of this, some of it very regularly. He's not so much on the troop rallying, but he will talk to individuals during a game - and he certainly is there in the middle of things protecting his fellow players and in the ref's face quite often.

I fancy Dunne. A leader in the midfield/ middle of the team is exactly what is required.
We have been massively lacking in that area for a few years. Mantom was one of the worst I have ever seen. Would bully his own young players off a free-kick and then blast it 8ft over the bar with a shocking technique......Then stand there in silence whilst the likes of Orient talked the ref into sending them off.

That said I think the likes of Dunne and Ogogo as new boys just need to get on with the job off being NL enforcers. My own view is that it should be someone in the back 4, Im sure PB would prefer the same.

If it ever becomes the keeper or the striker then you haven't got the right players in your team.

Needs to be a first choice starter, doesn't it. I suspect that's Dunne. It would also be a change from the past which is no bad thing.
White is club-captain material. Not sure he'll be a first choice starter unless PB puts him at right back - wonder if Coulson and Hobson might end up in the middle.

Back