• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alleged Racism at Woking game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry that the guy was offended, I deplore racism in any way shape or form, but the racist card is played far to easily these days. I would hate for us to slip back to the banana throwing days, and monkey chants, but I honestly think this is an unfortunate comment misinterpreted.

Forgive me!
But how the hell anyone not within earshot of the comment can have a view on this is impossible.
If you want a poll on whether 'get back in your cage' directed at any black person is racist, that would be illuminating.

You have had about 20`views on this from your elevated pulpit and I'll wager you weren't even in the ground because you rarely attend.

I can also back this up. The white player was the one that reacted and said “no, no, no, I’m not having that.” The black player in question didn’t actually react originally. In fact he then continued to have far less of a reaction than his team mate in the melee that followed.

Thats what I have been told by a member of Staff. So well done Woking you win.

They cheat and time waste. Their manger had grabbed to ball earlier to stop us taking a quick throw. The player knew it was our throw and 9/10 scuffles are manufactured at the end of the game for time wasting and stopping momentum.

Woking took it to a new level and guided it towards the fans. A couple of them sneak away from the real action to goad and abuse our fans further down the touchline. One of our lads reacts and ends up arrested (he will be getting my full support)

Woking get off lightly with a yellow but are still not finished rather than get off the pitch without further incident they decide to ramp it up further. At this stage they are probably facing FA charges until just like their injuries the take the opportunity with a white player claiming a comment towards him was meant for the black player....The one who didn't hear it and sounds like he has better and more important things to do in life than be used by some white bullet loader.

So now with Southend are in the news for racism and attacking player on the pitch on the pitch. Neither crimes happened but now Woking have got what exactly they want and an excuse to go with it.

They cheat and time waste. Their manger had grabbed to ball earlier to stop us taking a quick throw. The player knew it was our throw and 9/10 scuffles are manufactured at the end of the game for time wasting and stopping momentum.

Woking took it to a new level and guided it towards the fans. A couple of them sneak away from the real action to goad and abuse our fans further down the touchline. One of our lads reacts and ends up arrested (he will be getting my full support)

Woking get off lightly with a yellow but are still not finished rather than get off the pitch without further incident they decide to ramp it up further. At this stage they are probably facing FA charges until just like their injuries the take the opportunity with a white player claiming a comment towards him was meant for the black player....The one who didn't hear it and sounds like he has better and more important things to do in life than be used by some white bullet loader.

So now with Southend are in the news for racism and attacking player on the pitch on the pitch. Neither crimes happened but now Woking have got what exactly they want and an excuse to go with it.
Of course, the best way to deal with this would be to smash them in the FA Cup upcoming game!

Which is why they need to be called out and investigated for their part in events, something that will be swept under the carpet if not highlighted. That said they picked up 6 bookings, 3 in the incident they caused and started it all. I believe 6 bookings brings a charge so I don't know to what extent the league looks behind that?

I have informed Tom and he has passed my details onto the police
Well done. Whilst justice must be done and the allegations investigated, Woking players can simply not be excused their role in events and escape sanction either. Be interesting to know from the police if shouting the word attributed to the player would also be investigated should someone have been genuinely offended.

Be interesting to see how much racist abuse is directed at our fans on Saturday, and whether police act. Last time we went there, there was bucketloads and not just a few people singing it either.

Be interesting to see how much racist abuse is directed at our fans on Saturday, and whether police act. Last time we went there, there was bucketloads and not just a few people singing it either.
but that is accepted Jai, same way as the Southend fans abused the Wrexham fans a couple of weeks ago,did anyone report that.......NO of course not

can you imagine if 20-30 Wrexham supporters suddenly contacted the police to make a report about this incident from the Wrexham game ..........the club would be sunk

The police will only act if they receive a complaint

Which is why they need to be called out and investigated for their part in events, something that will be swept under the carpet if not highlighted. That said they picked up 6 bookings, 3 in the incident they caused and started it all. I believe 6 bookings brings a charge so I don't know to what extent the league looks behind that?
I posted about this in the thread about Wealdstone being charged:

If six or more players are cautioned or sent off in a single match at National League level, there’s a standard punishment of a £750 fine (clubs can submit mitigation to an FA regulatory commission if they don’t accept this automatic sanction).

Although three Woking players were cautioned during the incident at the end of Tuesday's match, that incident in itself may be determined to be worthy of a separate club charge for failing to control players (potentially for both clubs). That will largely be dependent on whether it is included in the referee's report.

FA Disciplinary Regulations

Last edited:

To be fair the “assault” in the stand did actually happen, as I was also in the eye of the storm for that as he sits in my row. I use the “”’s as it was a poor excuse of a punch, but nevertheless the guy did land a punch on the Woking player’s head, which was beyond stupid, even more so as he had a young kid with him.

Well done. Whilst justice must be done and the allegations investigated, Woking players can simply not be excused their role in events and escape sanction either. Be interesting to know from the police if shouting the word attributed to the player would also be investigated should someone have been genuinely offended.
Completely agree but I doubt anything will be done. So far, no contact from the police.

I've had a look.
You can see Woking players shouting at fans in the East.
You can see Mr Follically Challenged charging on to the perimeter presumably as a reaction.
It's unclear whether there's any physical stuff going on between fans and players.
Woking players were initially focused on a punch up with our players. I would say initially there were 3 aggressors. 2 Woking and 1 Southend. Wilkinson was pushed against the barrier and the confrontation between him and the Southend player continued. At this point, a fan tried to grab no 6 Wilkinson and then landed a punch, allbeit not a very good one but still not acceptable. This led to more players and the Woking management team piling in. That's when the abuse towards the fans occurred, namely number 6 who was angry at being punched and used the word c###s, and number 10 who was more so provoking the fans and by far the worst offender, after he was grabbed by another Southend fan. He was then intent on causing trouble and targeting Southend fans. I certainly heard the words "come on" at least twice come from his mouth.

Following that, the number 10 increased the incitement, joined by the goalkeeper. This is clear on Liams video. At no point did any Woking players touch fans. In fact they were quite clever.... they stired up trouble but didn't touch anyone. The manager was very aggressive and saying he wanted the police to arrest the fan.

There was a lot of heat of the moment comments and high tensions. From an experienced martial arts instructor, my observation is that in heat of the moment, players do ruck sometimes but rarely throw punches, even when angry. But the fan who hit the player, never shouted once, was calm and just smiled which wound up the Woking players. He moved away so it didn't look like police got involved despite the Woking request.

The game continued and full time blew up 1 minute later. At this time, Woking players were still wound up and one player was clearly looking for a fan to pick on in the stands, which as it turned out, was towards an elderly gentleman who made the cage comment which I didn't hear, as it was the other side of the dugout. Personally, I believe the Woking player (Daly) wanted to target anyone and picked up on a comment of a fan who felt we had been unjustly treated an made an alledged comment which I am sure had no racist intention. On the young Woking players part, I believe it was just a pure revenge opportunity. If the word 'animal' was used, again its about context towards behaviour not race. I would describe their behaviour more specifically compared to wolves, hunting down individuals to attack in packs. However, only the gentleman arrested (if he was) knows the context of his comments so we can only speculate.

Woking certainly played their part, but so did the officials. After the punch up, it was ridiculous to restart the game for one minute. They were poor all night and totally lost control of the game and players.

It all started when we tried to take a throw that was awarded and a Woking player (Daly) snatched the ball of us. The 4th should have dealt with it but was completely useless all night. The worst 4th I have ever seen in any fixture and time and time again neglected his duties.
If he had dealt with it, there would be no aftermath that occurred.

The league if anything should look at the behaviour of the both teams for failing to control themselves, the Woking players, reminding them of their professional responsibility to avoid fan clashes . 2 perhaps 3 Southend fans in the East, the Woking management team, and the officials, specifically for lack of control and competence throughout the game. And finally, separately, the 4th for continually neglecting his duties.
The league also takes responsibility for appointing an inexperienced ref and 4th in the same game.

One common denominator - James Daly (Woking).

Started the brawl and then stayed looking for fans after his team had gone down the tunnel, claiming a racist comment. Nasty piece of work.

Last edited:
You have had about 20`views on this from your elevated pulpit and I'll wager you weren't even in the ground because you rarely attend.
Those 20 comments, you exaggerate, you funster, have been pretty consistent.
Against racism in all its forms whether overtly or by suggestion.
Argue with that, please.
I'm not sure why the idea of a poll for anyone too removed to see and hear would have any merit.
And I'm talking anyone in West, South and at the back of East, never mind not at the game.
By the way, are you arguing my points or having a personal pop - again?
Carry on; only too happy to hear from you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back