• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Xàbia Shrimper

Co-founder of ShrimperZone
There's something very wrong with this football club. I've followed SUFC for more than 30 years and, aside from Anton Johnson's brief suicidal tenure during the first half of the 1980s, I cannot think of a worse position that Southend United finds itself at the moment. Ron Martin might spin a few good yarns that keep those wolves from the door for a few more weeks but reality lays itself out with unmistakable inevitability. The club's owners - or rather its holding company Sainsbury's Supermarket Ltd - has little interest in the future of Southend United Football Club but huge enthusiasm for the plot of land currently occupied by the Roots Hall ground. Fossetts Farm is a mere pipe dream that has masked the true intention of RHL; the liquidation of SUFC Ltd and the coerced conversion of the existing covenant which has little value against suitable investment for Southend-on-Sea. Relegation is simply part of the plan by the holding company to destroy SUFC and acquire valuable estate - it has always been so since Martin Dawn plc got involved with the football club. Count those days for they are numbered.

I love a good conspiracy theory - sadly, this isn't one. The reason we are in this situation is because Ron spent too much money trying to keep us in a higher division. If he wanted to liquidate us it would have happened 6 years ago.

There's something very wrong with this football club. I've followed SUFC for more than 30 years and, aside from Anton Johnson's brief suicidal tenure during the first half of the 1980s, I cannot think of a worse position that Southend United finds itself at the moment. Ron Martin might spin a few good yarns that keep those wolves from the door for a few more weeks but reality lays itself out with unmistakable inevitability. The club's owners - or rather its holding company Sainsbury's Supermarket Ltd - has little interest in the future of Southend United Football Club but huge enthusiasm for the plot of land currently occupied by the Roots Hall ground. Fossetts Farm is a mere pipe dream that has masked the true intention of RHL; the liquidation of SUFC Ltd and the coerced conversion of the existing covenant which has little value against suitable investment for Southend-on-Sea. Relegation is simply part of the plan by the holding company to destroy SUFC and acquire valuable estate - it has always been so since Martin Dawn plc got involved with the football club. Count those days for they are numbered.

well said Mike, unfortunatly its plums like ACU who from afare like to patronise and shout down those who can see what is really happening, ACU love to hear your match ratings and thoughts on yesterday game?

well said Mike, unfortunatly its plums like ACU who from afare like to patronise and shout down those who can see what is really happening, ACU love to hear your match ratings and thoughts on yesterday game?

1. I have never "patronised", and have never "shouted down" anybody on this board. What I do is have an opinion that disagrees with yours.

2. This isn't about yesterdays game, it's about a conspiracy theory that simply doesn't match the evidence.

1. I have never "patronised", and have never "shouted down" anybody on this board. What I do is have an opinion that disagrees with yours.

2. This isn't about yesterdays game, it's about a conspiracy theory that simply doesn't match the evidence.
Conspiracy or not, i would defend the right of everyone and anyone to express their opinion without being berated in any shape or form. UTB

Oxford United were sold down stream by their savoiur even had the stadium named after him... New stadium excited supporters... Then wanted all his money back for the rent owed by Oxford... who benefited from the sale of Oxford's ground?
Food for thought, so can understand Xabia's theory.

If the club do go bust I am going to fill Roots Hall with water and great crested newts.

Let's see Sainsburys build a supermarket then.

Puta Bar$a y puta TV3(y puta Ron Martin tambien)

Mike you are so right.:clap:

The money for Ron Martin isn't in Roots Hall. It's in Fossetts Farm. And those finds can only ever be realised by the football club moving there. The Roots Hall site is a small slice of a much larger, much more lucrative, pie.

Had the end game been the demise of the Club and the sale of the ground to Sainsburys then he could have got there far more quickly and far more profitably than this.

The truth is probably out there. It's not this though.

Does subscribing to this theory come complete with tin foil hat?

I don't want the Reptilians stealing my thoughts on the matter.

I think you'll find Sainsburys are very much invested in having a successful Championship club playing in front of 15000 plus every week in what will probably be called The Sainsburys Arena".

The national bad publicity that would be caused by them effectively nicking our ground and then letting us die would be pretty dire for them PR wise.

That theory doesn't really wash.

Didn't someone come out on here the other day and say that Sainsburys don't want the ground if we go under? They don't need the grief.

Didn't someone come out on here the other day and say that Sainsburys don't want the ground if we go under? They don't need the grief.

I think it was to the effect of complications regarding the covenant on Roots Hall. I'm not sure on the qualifications of it if we were to go under myself, but the weight Sainsbury's are throwing behind the club at this time does seem to indicate that they're not willing to enter that minefield.

I think you'll find Sainsburys are very much invested in having a successful Championship club playing in front of 15000 plus every week in what will probably be called The Sainsburys Arena".

The national bad publicity that would be caused by them effectively nicking our ground and then letting us die would be pretty dire for them PR wise.

That theory doesn't really wash.

Bet Darlington fans were saying similar to the Championship theory when they had their new stadium, going to look good next year v Histon on a cold february tuesday night

Ahhhh the Darlington comparison. It's got to have been at least three days since we last went through that debate.

Even Mulder wouldn't buy that one. The money is to be made when the new stadium is up, the shops and the hotel will provide massive income to Ron and his company.

Bet Darlington fans were saying similar to the Championship theory when they had their new stadium, going to look good next year v Histon on a cold february tuesday night

George Reynolds isn't Sainsburys.

Have you actually been to Darlington? There isn't an event that could attract that many people, football or not.

Back