• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IF we did let him go between now and the start of the season we will be fools. No one to replace him but money in the bank isn't going to help us at all.

Agreed, it would be madness to sell now and I can't see it happening unless a silly offer of around 1m came in, and I can't see that happening.

I really think we should sell now, with 500k up front plus add ons I think it's a good deal for both sides including Lenny who's made it clear he wants to move on, let's put the money back into the team as this will equal 2 good players and strengthen our squad:thumbsup:

I don't see why he would want to go to Millwall, not a big step up

Agreed, it would be madness to sell now and I can't see it happening unless a silly offer of around 1m came in, and I can't see that happening.

Agreed, if we sold him a few weeks ago we could have 'potentially got someone else in' but now if we do then we're definately throwing away a good few weeks of the season IMO. But that seems the norm these days.

As soon as I heard the plan for a smaller squad I knew we would have issues with so many crocks in the squad. Midfield is a serious concern even with Lenny in it. Strike force worries me as well as does defence haha. Forever the optimist.

More money, no need to move home, close to family/girlfriend, playing in the Championship, knows people in the club (Barrett).

Could very quickly cross with Southend next year with us going up. A toxic fanbase. If he wants to progress his career he's better going to a team that could get into the Prem etc like Sheffield

Millwall do like buying our players or targets we're after. Do they have their own scouts or manager (and back room staff) that actually looks further afield than Southend............

Millwall do like buying our players or targets we're after. Do they have their own scouts or manager (and back room staff) that actually looks further afield than Southend............

Do we actually have any scouts? I don't think I have ever seen them do much!

I know that they are different style players, but Lenny would do well to look at how well it's worked out for "Superstar" Jack Payne.
The devil you know sometimes is the better option!

Back