• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

“Ask not what your Club can do for you – ask what you can do for your Team,”

the club could and should be thriving ...

it is being assett stripped by a small time capitalist who is exploiting the fan base -

best thing we can do is get off our knees - get organised and fight back
Yup.

Never heard the Rose West stand so quiet as yesterday…..Kev and co got us in a great position and the little worm Ron has made sure all the good work will be undone fairly soon…..think protests should start right now as he hates that, Stan got him off the hook once and to do this to the club in a decent position is unforgivable!
He’s an asset stripper.

No Thanks.
Its SUFC ltd , Not Sufc registered charity no....

While a certain chairman is in situ no voluntary help from me, taking his £300k consultancy fee out of the coffers or whatever it is, and loading us up with unpaid rent debt, so it counts as debt to him on the books, and he can take it tax free rather than pay tax on it at the end.

Afc Southend i would certainly help with

This.

Should do it anyway and see if he has the nerve to stop it.

Quite the story that, chairman cant pay staff, stops fans trying to help their club.
Agree, next game let's do it anyway. I'm happy to do a bucket outside the East Blacks/Greens if needed. He surely wouldn't dare forcefully stop us...

What do our supporters groups think about this idea? Could really get some national press this one.

Not happy to help Ron but more than happy to help show him up big time.

Last edited:
No thanks. I observed at close quarters how it works behind the scenes when I found the Adam Barrett flag (that had previously been lost for five years) and despite the club agreeing that this could be displayed on the wall at the back of W Block, the night before I was going to the ground to attach this, I received an e mail to say that “this did not fit in with the new era that they were looking to move towards” though this rather pitiful excuse later changed to “it being a fire hazard” - even though they actually have a copy of the fire safety certificate that came with it.

Any efforts or help will just be thrown back in your face by the club and (as they say on Dragons Den) “for that reason, I’m out” 🤔

At one level, on the face of it, I can but feel sorry for Ron, given the nature of his personality I can only imagine some of his less fortunate tendencies, may have been afflicted upon him at some point during his early development, Its hard to imagine a really happy and contented child ending up like Ron, but you never know.
Maybe he had a wonderfully rounded upbringing, although the odds must be against it

• Sadly for some these things happen.....

• A family history of antisocial personality disorder or other mental illnesses
  • Diagnosis of a childhood conduct disorder
  • Exposure to trauma, , emotional, physical or sexual abuse, or neglect during childhood
  • Unstable or violent family life during formative years
As Ron lurks in the background maybe he should contemplate writing a book?
If Ron doesn't care about his own staff's wages then I doubt the hungry and or homeless figure in his thinking either.

At one level, on the face of it, I can but feel sorry for Ron, given the nature of his personality I can only imagine some of his less fortunate tendencies, may have been afflicted upon him at some point during his early development, Its hard to imagine a really happy and contented child ending up like Ron, but you never know.
Maybe he had a wonderfully rounded upbringing, although the odds must be against it

• Exposure to trauma, , emotional, physical or sexual abuse, or neglect during childhood
Sorry mods but this pseudo intellectual waffle needs to be removed now or the credibility of SZ is down the toilet

That's out of order on many levels, and belittling if so many people that may be SUFC fans. This should be removed .

I dislike littering and seeing the super efforts by the Japanese fans at cleaning the stadium after their games has made me lean positively towards any similar initiative at the Hall. If it got sanctioned I would be okay at committing some time after games doing a small task to help out.

#ronout.
Japan is a very proud nation and from a early age this is how they are brought up!
To them it was probably no effort but the rest of us should be a little embarrassed.

I always said, call or message Chris Phillips about how Ron Martin turned down supporters bucket collection idea, that would embarrass RM.
No it wouldn't.

RM doesn't have the humility to be embarrassed, nor does he care enough to be embarrassed.

It would be water off a duck's back.

Never heard the Rose West stand so quiet as yesterday…..Kev and co got us in a great position and the little worm Ron has made sure all the good work will be undone fairly soon…..think protests should start right now as he hates that, Stan got him off the hook once and to do this to the club in a decent position is unforgivable!

To be fair the club feels dead and buried. Rose would be proud of Ron.

The pigeon **** was normal The fox **** is a new one this season! The worry is the fox has now given up hope as there's no chance of finding scraps! Good job it doesn't fancy beer!
Just to add I'm in the south upper so for the cunning fox to give up?

Back