• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

“Satisfaction” of charges at companies house and AGM...

brigadista

Youth Team
It would seem that today Sainsbury’s released their charges of security over the clubs income assets, pursuant to their loan extended in 2009. Is that assessment correct (I haven’t read the filings in full)? Why would Sainsbury’s do that unless their loan has been repaid in full?

Furthermore, apologies if this has been covered on another thread, but there seems not to have been an AGM this year? I recall receiving the full accounts and invitation some time back in 18, for the 17-18 accounts, but no mention of an AGM this year, or have I just missed it in the post?!

Cheers!

Interesting. Plays into the possibility of investment in the club, or at least Ron clearing blockers out of the way in hope of investment?

And under SEL a further two charges in favour of Sainsbury’s and one on the “lease of the land to the north east of eastern avenue” in favour of Bank of Scotland has also been satisfied. Implying that SEL have also repaid their mortgage to BOS in full???

And as we follow the trail, to the controlling entity of SEL, “Martin Dawn plc”..... guess what?? Sainsbury’s and BOS have satisfied a further NINE charges against various identified land (including it would seem Ron’s house) and shares over companies today.
Has Ron won the lottery today, or just the club and it’s biggest controlling entities become so financially viable all of a sudden that our biggest creditors think they don’t need security on their debts any more?!

That's not Ron's house, he lives on Benfleet Road, not Wensley Road or The Chase. I wonder what that is?

Looks a like a lot more activity than my Rent write off guess (knew I should have checked)

If these are all the Sainsbury loan charges being satisfied , could it be that a compensation package with them for their withdrawal from RH been finalised.
It may well be that Sainsbury have written them off , hard to follow it through on companies house but Sainsbury Property Investments seemed fairly busy in August....

Looks a like a lot more activity than my Rent write off guess (knew I should have checked)

If these are all the Sainsbury loan charges being satisfied , could it be that a compensation package with them for their withdrawal from RH been finalised.
It may well be that Sainsbury have written them off , hard to follow it through on companies house but Sainsbury Property Investments seemed fairly busy in August....
agree, and I also initially thought perhaps Sainsbury’s have just thought “fack it” and written it off, as a few mill is small fry to them, BUT, Bank of Scotland and Anglo Irish have all released charges on the “clubs” (read myriad of parent companies) assets too, and I doubt banks go around writing off debts when there’s very well fine assets to be liquidated if they want to call a debt in.

That's not Ron's house, he lives on Benfleet Road, not Wensley Road or The Chase. I wonder what that is?
From google earth, looks like four new builds on that corner plot, so must’ve been land Ron owned (well, one of his 4,687 companies) and offered as security before he developed it.

As a Sainsbury share holder, and go to AGMs, I will bring this up at next meeting held

They will not have the direct answer, but enlighten on why

That's not Ron's house, he lives on
Benfleet Road, not Wensley Road or The Chase. I wonder what that is?
From google earth, looks like four new builds on that corner plot, so must’ve been land Ron owned (well, one of his 4,687 companies) and offered as security before he developed it.

Ron's gaff is "Hollytree House" at the top of Essex Way in Benfleet Road.

Untitled8.png
Hollytree House

The property detailed in the above Debentures relates to property on the corner of The Chase and Wensley Road, this could either be the 5 new builds on the left (these were all built in 2014/15 and the freeholds were also sold individually in 2014/15), or it could be the larger property on the right.

Untitled7.png
The Corner of The Chase and Wensley Road

Ron's gaff is "Hollytree House" at the top of Essex Way in Benfleet Road.

View attachment 9360
Hollytree House

The property detailed in the above Debentures relates to property on the corner of The Chase and Wensley Road, this could either be the 5 new builds on the left (these were all built in 2014/15 and the freeholds were also sold individually in 2014/15), or it could be the larger property on the right.

View attachment 9361
The Corner of The Chase and Wensley Road
Anyway... not that important. More to the point does anyone have any clue as to why Sainsbury’s and two banks would give up their security over all of the clubs and parent companies assets?!

Anyway... not that important. More to the point does anyone have any clue as to why Sainsbury’s and two banks would give up their security over all of the clubs and parent companies assets?!

Because the money they were owed has been paid.

Next question: where did that money to pay them back come from.

Ron owned a vast majority of the land at the Chase, all new builds have been built there and very nice they are also.

Back