• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread ❌POSTPONED❌ Southend United v Bromley, Sunday 2nd January 2022, 3.00pm ko, NL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues4LifeDan

Manager
Does anyone know when we find out if the game is going ahead or not? They are leaving it rather late in the day.

I think the two injuries we sustained contributed massively to the postponement of the Barnet game, the club stating they couldn't field a team because of that and Covid.

I wonder if the League lifting the embargo will affect the decision. The club have said we have players waiting in the wings, if the embargo gets lifted, they could get put straight into the team.

The Bromley manager said after our game that sides should playing through this and should play their youngsters if needs be. He was saying that teams with bigger squads were postponing games and maybe they shouldn't. Let's see if he feels the same about this game.

What happens to your tickets ? Do they just become valid for the re-arranged fixture ?

What happens to your tickets ? Do they just become valid for the re-arranged fixture ?
Almost certainly yes. That is what has happened in the past this season. If you can't make the re-arranged date I'm not sure how a refund will work.

Almost certainly yes. That is what has happened in the past this season. If you can't make the re-arranged date I'm not sure how a refund will work.
I don't think i'd worry about a refund. Was hardly expensive, and the club can use every penny it can get !

It depends how many players are positive and if going by the latest guideline I.e testing on day 6 &7 by my calculations day 7 would be Sunday which if others have shown symptoms their symptoms could be later than the first people showing.
I would be surprised if it goes ahead

Some games have been called off with just a few hours notice, but given we have it in our squad, and that the last game was called off due to that i would imagine it would be Friday at the latest.

It depends how many players are positive and if going by the latest guideline I.e testing on day 6 &7 by my calculations day 7 would be Sunday which if others have shown symptoms their symptoms could be later than the first people showing.
I would be surprised if it goes ahead
Tinks could you clarify is the 6/7 day testing only if you've been double jabbed?

Bromley FC@bromleyfc
21m

We understand our trip to Southend United on 2nd January is currently going ahead as planned. We will of course keep supporters updated with any changes as we are informed.

How long is isolation these days ? is it 7 days from first showing symptoms?

if it is and we say the 26th was the first day that would mean the isolation ends on the 7th, now prem league teams have been forced to play as soon as players have come out of isolation as i understand things (hence the moaning) so would that mean those players isolating now would have to play if they do not fail another test?

i am assuming your freeto move around on dany 7 if not cannot see anyway it goes ahead, not kept up with the guidelines as i am bored of it

if it is and we say the 26th was the first day that would mean the isolation ends on the 7th, now prem league teams have been forced to play as soon as players have come out of isolation as i understand things (hence the moaning) so would that mean those players isolating now would have to play if they do not fail another test?

i am assuming your freeto move around on dany 7 if not cannot see anyway it goes ahead, not kept up with the guidelines as i am bored of it
This is why I asked the question earlier!
You can test on the 6th day and 7th day if both negative you can carry on (but only if double vaccinated) if not its 10 days.
There are alot of professional sportsmen and women who are not vaccinated.

Do you know what, I have no idea to any of your questions, nothing is clear at all anymore.

What I do want to know, who is regulating this whole thing!!!!!

I suspect with a bumper attendance expected the club are reluctant to see this one go particularly having lost revenue from the Christmas home fixture.

This is massively optimistic but I am hoping the reason this has not been called off already is there is a shred of hope of the embargo being lifted and a couple of new faces coming in.

Also I would have thought a lot would depend on the players who have tested positive. If we lose any more central midfielders for example we will literally have none left, whereas if it's a few fringe players it might be more likely the game will go ahead. It shouldn't be like this and every club is probably guilty of shaping the situation to their advantage (Maidenhead a few weeks back springs to mind) but at the end of the day the league has brought this on themselves by being inflexible with the fixture calendar. There should have been far more scope to extend the season into late May and June, it's not like this situation wasn't foreseeable months in advance.

This would have allowed for a couple of weeks winter break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back