• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News ?⚪️SUPPORTERS MEETING January 2022 ?⚪️

I’ve got a couple of spare tickets if anyone wants them drop me a DM. Unable to make it.

I wasn’t around when the tickets were advertised either so missed out.

Two considerations: how about a priority list for those who didn’t get a ticket (so the same faces don’t turn up every time.

Secondly, surely there should be a limit of how many tickets you can claim…. Two max.

I’d like therefore to dibs 2 tix for the next @StanCollymore meet please ✌️
I would have hoped that a couple might have been reserved for people like the Trust Chairman, or like @Lord Football. Those of us who are at work and don't access social media during the day never stood a chance. Some might feel that these are people who always take part in things like this, but they do so for a reason and to not have representation at this event is poor in my opinion.

Last edited:
I would have hoped that a couple might have been reserved for people like the Trust Chairman, or like @Lord Football. Those of us who are at work and don't access social media during the day never stood a chance. Some might feel that these are people who always take part in things like this, but they do so for a reason and to not have representation at this event is poor in my opinion.
Absolutely. They also can’t even watch it to have a full understanding of what is said. This event should be recorded and we have some fantastic fans offering to do this. Looks awful on the club front if they don’t allow this as it kind of removes the accountability part as it would simply be one word against the other. So many fans want to listen but it is now just a limited few who will be able to. Very very poor.

Feels to me ,its just another PR stunt and papering over the cracks, wonder if anyone will be shot down if dare argue on a point or raise a contentious question . Its not like twitter where you can block someone for going against your opinion
Its not all about look at my at phone book at all my contacts, or what is happening behinds the scenes, at the moment the club is its in worse position in history and no one knows how long we can survive
Feel positive with Kev and Co in charge and things are looking up on the field, but off it well............
Cannot see why a Trust committee member or two cannot be found a place

I guess the purpose of this event is to try and bring in a new culture & improve communication to the fans. That's what we have wanted right? Give people the ability to ask questions face to face, hear from the new team, understand their ideas & plans for the near & long term. This isn't / shouldn't be a formal event - we don't need minutes, agendas, etc . Just whoever goes along - enjoy it, listen and engage. I don't see why the same people must attend just because they are trust members or other support groups? Surely we are an inclusive club and everyone should be welcome rather than the same old (no offence) faces.

Enjoy

It's very interesting. When I used to chase for updates about the zoom calls, my posts would often be ignored by the representatives or scorned by other posters on this board asking what on earth I expected.. Now, there's a very bitter taste in the mouth for some people who have missed out on one event.

I am a member of the trust and a member of this board and will be attending tomorrow. I find it refreshing that it isn't the same faces going to this one. Based on the lack of proactive probing questions on the zoom calls from our representatives, this is a good opportunity for fans to really ask what they want asked. A put your money where your mouth is vibe. I like it.

I'll be asking questions about the following:

1. Onions in burgers
2. Next Seasons Kit
3. Last Seasons Kit
4. Hummel Kits
5. Macron Kits
6. Nike Kits
7. Onion Kits

or I might not ask anything. Still. its nice to have the chance to go. Looking forward to it.

Feels to me ,its just another PR stunt and papering over the cracks, wonder if anyone will be shot down if dare argue on a point or raise a contentious question . Its not like twitter where you can block someone for going against your opinion
Its not all about look at my at phone book at all my contacts, or what is happening behinds the scenes, at the moment the club is its in worse position in history and no one knows how long we can survive
Feel positive with Kev and Co in charge and things are looking up on the field, but off it well............
Cannot see why a Trust committee member or two cannot be found a place
Off it employed a CEO.

Off it employed 3 coaches who you seem to rate.

Off it is engaging with supporters in meetings such as Wednesday where some are crying already because they've already decided the agenda or can't get a ticket in the most open and fair way to allow supporters to attend.

Off it has just brought 2 new club sponsors to the table, with a potential third ready to spend money at the club ( which I'll tell those who attend tomorrow about, and why they want to sponsor your club).

Off it has been offered conservatively 50 players from clubs that Southend United had no relationship with previously, on loan or permanent, and being first to be told.

Off it is now being contacted by Premier League clubs to play behind closed doors games.

Off it is coordinating a media strategy to keep supporters informed and give insight into the club, especially for those exiled who wouldn't ordinarily get to see little things happening at the training ground or Roots Hall.

Off it is working on a comprehensive list of targets to improve the squad and first team.

Off it brought in a Head of Football. The only man with 3 promotions out of the division.

Off it gave a box, and a home and away shirt to a man who lost two children and is looking to raise funds for TOFS, so his club who he supports home and away knows is club cares and wants to help.

Off it asked for a moritorium in order to give the three coaches you rate a chance to succeed, along with a group of players flatter than a snakes belly. It was impeccably observed. Without the request or adherence to it, Chesterfield at home would more than likely happened again.

Off it goes around staff at both sites asking them what they practically need to make their jobs more satisfying, and letting them know they are valued.

Amongst dozens of other things.

But of course that's what supporters events that were demanded by me as part of my role, are for.

To ask questions. And where not commercially sensitive, to give answers.

100 tickets were made available via a link, everyone had an equal opportunity to get a ticket.

It's not a polit bureau meeting whereby every single word is documented and poured over and twisted by the few on here crying because they were blocked on twitter. It's an informal meeting where supporters are invited to hear the above, some specifics, direction of travel and why, in an informal environment where supporters who don't know me get to know me.

Really simple.

If supporters don't want that, that's fine. I'll put a bulletin out monthly and put it in the programme.

As for preferred access for some groups, my view is a simple one. To allay any fears that some groups are over represented or underrepresented or not represented at all, a decision was made to put the tickets on Eventbrite, with a first come, first serve policy. That is simple fairness in action. An equal opportunity for Southend United supporters to get a ticket.

If this event works, then a conversation will be had as to whether to record it. But there are no plans to record it tomorrow.

Why? It's an informal meeting where adults can go away and tell supporters groups that I've said we'll be signing Lionel Messi and I hate Tom Lawrence or that I'm planning to merge Colchester United and Southend United. Should any misrepresentations happen ( I work on you trust me, I trust you. Simple), then tomorrow's meeting ( instigated by me and only me), will be the last. I'm here to give supporters a voice in the club, I bat hard for that and it's a key part of the club moving forward, but shenanigans and misrepresentation will simply lead to a bulletin put out monthly.

If you're coming, come with a question or two, I'll endeavour to answer all reasonable questions that are in my remit, and will say "I'm not qualified to answer that " or" I'm not answering that because of...." If I can't. Simple, clear, unambiguous.

I work only on one basic value, I treat you how you treat me, and tomorrow I expect to have a really enjoyable night, meeting the most important people at our club, the people who put their money in their pockets, support the team home and away and who want their club to thrive, not just survive. In that regard I'm an asset you can use and can bank on it.

But I won't have malintents turning up throwing their bile or Twitter block or longstanding issues with Ron or a seat or an owed shirt around. I'm nobody's punch bag.

We're delivering plenty and you'll hear plenty of what that is but if you're planning to come and disrupt or moan or complain about anything and everything, you're in for a disappointing night.

If you're coming to ask what the club is doing on and off the pitch to match your ambitions as supporters, listen to answers and get to know your biggest advocate within the club, then you're in for a great night.

To those who can't make it, we will look at recording future events on the basis of how tomorrow goes. To those from very important supporter groups such as the Trust, SOS abd others that couldn't get tickets, it's was a club decision to open the procedure to be "first come, first served" as the capacity is 100. It does not devalue what I personally think of supporters groups because that is on record and we'll known, but first come, first served is fair to ALL Southend United supporters and it's all Southend United supporters across the spectrum that I'm addressing tomorrow. It is a given that at Trust or SOS or Blue Voice or Custard Splat ( I've offered 4 times to go on the podcast but we haven't been able to match schedules yet) invitation, I would be delighted to attend their events.

But tomorrow, it's open to everyone on a first come, first served basis. And that is fair.

See everyone tomorrow, very much looking forward to your questions.

Stan

Off it employed a CEO.

Off it is engaging with supporters in meetings such as Wednesday where some are crying already because they've already decided the agenda or can't get a ticket in the most open and fair way to allow supporters to attend.

Off it has just brought 2 new club sponsors to the table, with a potential third ready to spend money at the club ( which I'll tell those who attend tomorrow about, and why they want to sponsor your club).

Off it has been offered conservatively 50 players from clubs that Southend United had no relationship with previously, on loan or permanent, and being first to be told.

Off it is now being contacted by Premier League clubs to play behind closed doors games.

Off it is coordinating a media strategy to keep supporters informed and give insight into the club, especially for those exiled who wouldn't ordinarily get to see little things happening at the training ground or Roots Hall.

Off it is working on a comprehensive list of targets to improve the squad and first team.

Off it brought in a Head of Football. The only man with 3 promotions out of the division.

Off it gave a box, and a home and away shirt to a man who lost two children and is looking to raise funds for TOFS, so his club who he supports home and away knows is club cares and wants to help.

Off it asked for a moritorium in order to give the three coaches you rate a chance to succeed, along with a group of players flatter than a snakes belly. It was impeccably observed. Without the request or adherence to it, Chesterfield at home would more than likely happened again.

Off it goes around staff at both sites asking them what they practically need to make their jobs more satisfying, and letting them know they are valued.

But of course that's what supporters events that were demanded by me as part of my role, are for.

100 tickets were made available via a link, everyone had an equal opportunity to get a ticket.

It's not a polit bureau meeting whereby every single word is documented and poured over and twisted by the few on here crying because they were blocked on twitter. It's an informal meeting where supporters are invited to hear the above, some specifics, direction of travel and why, in an informal environment where supporters who don't know me get to know me.

Really simple.

If supporters don't want that, that's fine. I'll put a bulletin out monthly and put it in the programme.

As for preferred access for some groups, my view is a simple one. To allay any fears that some groups are over represented or underrepresented or not represented at all, a decision was made to put the tickets on Eventbrite, with a first come, first serve policy. That is simple fairness in action. An equal opportunity for Southend United supporters to get a ticket.

If this event works, then a conversation will be had as to whether to record it. But there are no plans to record it tomorrow.

Why? It's an informal meeting where adults can go away and tell supporters groups that I've said we'll be signing Lionel Messi and I hate Tom Lawrence or that I'm planning to merge Colchester United and Southend United. Should any misrepresentations happen ( I work on you trust me, I trust you. Simple), then tomorrow's meeting ( instigated by me and only me), will be the last. I'm here to give supporters a voice in the club, I bat hard for that and it's a key part of the club moving forward, but shenanigans and misrepresentation will simply lead to a bulletin put out monthly.

If you're coming, come with a question or two, I'll endeavour to answer all reasonable questions that are in my remit, and will say "I'm not qualified to answer that " or" I'm not answering that because of...." If I can't. Simple, clear, unambiguous.

I work only on one basic value, I treat you how you treat me, and tomorrow I expect to have a really enjoyable night, meeting the most important people at our club, the people who put their money in their pockets, support the team home and away and who want their club to thrive, not just survive. In that regard I'm an asset you can use and can bank on it.

But I won't have malintents turning up throwing their bile or Twitter block or longstanding issues with Ron or a seat or an owed shirt around. I'm nobody's punch bag.

We're delivering plenty and you'll hear plenty of what that is but if you're planning to come and disrupt or moan or complain about anything and everything, you're in for a disappointing night.

If you're coming to ask what the club is doing on and off the pitch to match your ambitions as supporters, listen to answers and get to know your biggest advocate within the club, then you're in for a great night.

To those who can't make it, we will look at recording future events on the basis of how tomorrow goes. To those from very important supporter groups such as the Trust, SOS abd others that couldn't get tickets, it's was a club decision to open the procedure to be "first come, first served" as the capacity is 100. It does not devalue what I personally think of supporters groups because that is on record and we'll known, but first come, first served is fair to ALL Southend United supporters and it's all Southend United supporters across the spectrum that I'm addressing tomorrow. It is a given that at Trust or SOS or Blue Voice or Custard Splat ( I've offered 4 times to go on the podcast but we haven't been able to match schedules yet) invitation, I would be delighted to attend their events.

But tomorrow, it's open to everyone on a first come, first served basis. And that is fair.

Stan

But Stan, other than that?

You can bang on as much as you want with things that you may or maynot have been involved in, but we are deep in do do and perhaps the Chemical Ali approach may work for many, but to me its another PR stunt, but thank you for the long reply its much appreciated,, and I will keep cheering on the boys and paying my monies to the cause
By the way my ambitions as a supporter for past 45 years has always remained the same, enjoy the game, perhaps a promotion or two, see a relegation or three, watch players who have graced our pitch and worn the shirt and see one or two go onto better things, watch one or two fail to reach their full potential and discuss why, and end of the day have a beer/coffee with friends before and after the game and go home content
Being in lower division isnot a problem as seen many come and go, some better than you, some worse, however the state of the club at the moment is at lowest ever, and I hope like all supporters hope we get through this as club, we the average supporter can do little, create a platform to raise a noise, but end of the day One man and It is one man controls the club and there is nothing I/you/we can do
But fair play to you and those behind the scenes who are striving to improve the image, which has been badly damaged and will take a lot of time to repair

UTS

You can bang on as much as you want with things that you may or maynot have been involved in, but we are deep in do do and perhaps the Chemical Ali approach may work for many, but to me its another PR stunt, but thank you for the long reply its much appreciated,, and I will keep cheering on the boys and paying my monies to the cause
By the way my ambitions as a supporter for past 45 years has always remained the same, enjoy the game, perhaps a promotion or two, see a relegation or three, watch players who have graced our pitch and worn the shirt and see one or two go onto better things, watch one or two fail to reach their full potential and discuss why, and end of the day have a beer/coffee with friends before and after the game and go home content
Being in lower division isnot a problem as seen many come and go, some better than you, some worse, however the state of the club at the moment is at lowest ever, and I hope like all supporters hope we get through this as club, we the average supporter can do little, create a platform to raise a noise, but end of the day One man and It is one man controls the club and there is nothing I/you/we can do
But fair play to you and those behind the scenes who are striving to improve the image, which has been badly damaged and will take a lot of time to repair

UTS
Id say we are in a much much better position then we have been in 3-4 years on and off the pitch. Thats a given surely?

The question mark As ever is Rons credit line. But theres nothing new there so im not sure why such negativity?

UTS
Surely positive P.R is what the club needs.

For what it's worth @StanCollymore, I'd say the eventbrite thing was a welcome change. The official supporters groups, not to mention some individuals in particular, get more than their fill elsewhere and I do think this meeting has been mischaracterised as some huge scoop or crisis update, probably due to heightened tensions and general discontent/panic in the supporter base. The man is taking time out of his day (working for the club, seeing his family) to have an informal chat with a group of fans to try and regain some element of familiarity with the club we've all sadly started to not recognise of late (one in the NL!).

I don't have a ticket, living in Nottingham its hardly practical, and I think some harping on about the right to be there/see it/hear it probably have become too entitled. I do hope that people will go to the meeting in good faith (some wouldn't), and to just have an enjoyable chat about a club we're all passionate about. It's another chance for the supporters to get enthused about the progress the club is making, and I hope will be the first of many.

Last edited:
Id say we are in a much much better position then we have been in 3-4 years on and off the pitch. Thats a given surely?

The question mark As ever is Rons credit line. But theres nothing new there so im not sure why such negativity?
I can't agree with "off the pitch". Our finances are getting worse by the second.

As others have said I never saw the announcement so only found out about the event after the tickets had gone. For any future events can we have an announcement saying when the tickets will be available and leave a couple of days for people to have a chance to get them and also limit the number that people can get.

Anybody that is going and if it's not mentioned can we please see if we can update the blues lottery, for those that can't make matches at the moment, quicker on the website along with the prize details and the winners names not just numbers.

Off it employed a CEO.

Really simple.

Stan
I'm trying to be more positive about the club and you at the moment, just wish you'd not feel the need to be so defensive all the time. In any walk of life your not going to get 100% of people agreeing with you, just the way it is. I really think as a professional at the club you need to steer clear of rowing with fans and saying certain things that could be considered provoking them.

All of what you said seems really good and it's great your willing to spend your time speaking to fans but, I think it would be good to understand some fans cautiousness, considering what we've all been through for a long time now.

My only feedback on the meeting is that I only saw it (too late) on shrimperzone. My Dad who goes home and away as an example, who's supported for 60 years, been at times the only person (along with his mate) at an away game as a 13 year old in Plymouth (I think) and even got lifts back on the players coach several times as a kid, he didn't even know about it until I told him and I don't think that's right. He would of love to of gone, as would I.

It's difficult to please everyone as everyone either does or doesn't have social media or a shrimperzone account etc. Perhaps these things in the future should just go on the official site and give everyone equal chance.

The idea of a supporters meeting of this sort is exactly what we have been asking for and Stan is now delivering it, so a good thing.

The method of reaching a total attendance of 100 in a confined space is exactly the fairest way of achieving it, so another good thing.

Some will be upset by this, most won't. I'm in the second category. I'm not attending because I left it too late to try and get a ticket, but good luck to all those that have. No doubt you will get told things and those things will get shared. And that really has to be so much better than stuff dribbling out from the Echo or weeks after the event from the Club's site.

Let's just see how this one works and then let both sides decide what worked and what didn't. Fact - Not everyone is going to be happy, but that's what happens in real life. This for me is a good way forward and I wish it every success. Finally, I really hope that those that are there don't waste the opportunity to ask sensible questions.

Off it employed a CEO.

Really simple.

Stan
I hope the event tomorrow is as successful as you want it to be. Couldn't get a ticket, but no tears here, it is the fairest way and I hope it creates a positive feeling and that positivity is cascaded out from this event to all that want to take it onboard.

Good Luck in your endeavours Stan and hope all that attend get something out of it to make the future seem a little brighter than the recent past has been.

Once again a well intended initiative seems to have backfired as little thought seems to have been given to the practicalities. First come first served is fine, but how it was announced obviously left some people at a disadvantage. Now we know it will not be recorded so once again there will be ample scope for different interpretations of what was said etc leading to more division and dissent. In the interests of transparency, of course it should be recorded. Even before the meeting we have a lengthy and somewhat intemperate posr from SVC which again raises the question as to the wisdom of a club employee engaging with supporters in this manner.
Results have undeniably improved which is encouraging but regrettably civil war never seems far away off the pitch

Back