• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News ?⚪️SUPPORTERS MEETING January 2022 ?⚪️

I would have hoped that a couple might have been reserved for people like the Trust Chairman, or like @Lord Football. Those of us who are at work and don't access social media during the day never stood a chance. Some might feel that these are people who always take part in things like this, but they do so for a reason and to not have representation at this event is poor in my opinion.
Hi Kay, hope you had a lovely birthday!

Several of us at the club discussed the best way to have to broadest representation of support amongst a limited attendance of 100.

We decided first come, first served was the only way to show supporters that there are no favourites, no preferred groups and that an informal event should be open to as many supporters as possible. So first come was the only way.

Individual supporters groups have preferred access to club employees (me included) through the season because of the important work those groups do. They are a vital part of the club.

But tomorrow's event is about engaging with as many supporters as possible and not every supporter is a member of a group, indeed many don't want to be part of a group, they just want to turn up, ask and or listen and make their own mind up. So it's important that demographic is represented too.

The Trust will always have access to me as will all supporters groups. But tomorrow is about 100 people motivated enough to get a ticket, to attend an event so I'm confident that first come first served is the fairest way of achieving that.

Last edited:
My only feedback on the meeting is that I only saw it (too late) on shrimperzone. My Dad who goes home and away as an example, who's supported for 60 years, been at times the only person (along with his mate) at an away game as a 13 year old in Plymouth (I think) and even got lifts back on the players coach several times as a kid, he didn't even know about it until I told him and I don't think that's right. He would of love to of gone, as would I.
That's a fair point. Why not put it on the offical site and the Echo ? Not everybody is on the internet and social media.

Once again a well intended initiative seems to have backfired as little thought seems to have been given to the practicalities. First come first served is fine, but how it was announced obviously left some people at a disadvantage. Now we know it will not be recorded so once again there will be ample scope for different interpretations of what was said etc leading to more division and dissent. In the interests of transparency, of course it should be recorded. Even before the meeting we have a lengthy and somewhat intemperate posr from SVC which again raises the question as to the wisdom of a club employee engaging with supporters in this manner.
Results have undeniably improved which is encouraging but regrettably civil war never seems far away off the pitch
Only backfired in the minds of less than a handful who've been blocked on twitter or an axe to grind.

100 people hoovering up tickets in an hour suggests it's you, not me that's out of step with what supporters want.

Enjoy your day.

Wouldn’t it be best to turn up at this meeting with an open mind, engage in a positive way then decide whether it was a worthwhile exercise afterwards.
Nah, cos then we won't have the same tired indignation that the usual suspects haven't got a front row seat
That's a fair point. Why not put it on the offical site and the Echo ? Not everybody is on the internet and social media.
At that point the informal meeting becomes more and more formal. Regardless of who is in attendance, the club's progress behind the scenes will continue apace, this is merely a peek behind the curtain being offered in an official capacity. @StanCollymore has literally spelled out how a video look at what's changing at the club is going to be released in the near future, that will be widely available!

You can never please all of the people, all of the time.

I missed out at first because I didn't check SZ in time. Oh well, I thought, there will be other events. However, I later contacted someone who was offering a spare and I'm now going.

But if I hadn't been able to get a ticket, I would have accepted it as the way of the world. Zoom meetings are great for me as an exile, but I understand why Stan wants to do this face to face.

PR stunt?! We've been demanding information at every turn (and rightly so given how the club has been run) and now we're being offered it, it's a PR stunt!

There really are so many Bitter, self entitled, childish people who support this club. Constantly moaning about how the club is run, things not run how THEY like them to be, always feeling left out and thinking they are more important than the rest of us etc etc.
So the club put on a free event for 100 fans, Anyone of us myself included could have got a ticket (I didn't as I was working and saw it too late) And still the same old lot pipe up feeling sorry for themselves moaning at Stan and generally sounding like spoilt brats.
Personally I hope its a roaring success and the first of many events put on by the club to try and push us forward, I hope everyone that goes enjoys themselves and has a brilliant night.

I do expect a grainy video of the night to pop up on here though like the old days of pirate videos (us older lot will understand)

There really are so many Bitter, self entitled, childish people who support this club. Constantly moaning about how the club is run, things not run how THEY like them to be, always feeling left out and thinking they are more important than the rest of us etc etc.
So the club put on a free event for 100 fans, Anyone of us myself included could have got a ticket (I didn't as I was working and saw it too late) And still the same old lot pipe up feeling sorry for themselves moaning at Stan and generally sounding like spoilt brats.
Personally I hope its a roaring success and the first of many events put on by the club to try and push us forward, I hope everyone that goes enjoys themselves and has a brilliant night.

I do expect a grainy video of the night to pop up on here though like the old days of pirate videos (us older lot will understand)
oh, come on. We're just had a couple of decent results. We've got to moan about something ! wouldn't be the same, otherwise

Only backfired in the minds of less than a handful who've been blocked on twitter or an axe to grind.

100 people hoovering up tickets in an hour suggests it's you, not me that's out of step with what supporters want.

Enjoy your day.
You have entirely missed the point. Of course the tickets went quickly which is precisely why some were at a disadvantage in the way it was announced. No doubt hundreds more tickets could have been sold if they were available. Nothing to do with having an axe to grind or twitter, simple fact. Many will miss out with no recording available. Perhaps reflection on these points would be wiser than defensive knee jerk reactions.

Once again a well intended initiative seems to have backfired as little thought seems to have been given to the practicalities. First come first served is fine, but how it was announced obviously left some people at a disadvantage. Now we know it will not be recorded so once again there will be ample scope for different interpretations of what was said etc leading to more division and dissent. In the interests of transparency, of course it should be recorded. Even before the meeting we have a lengthy and somewhat intemperate posr from SVC which again raises the question as to the wisdom of a club employee engaging with supporters in this manner.
Results have undeniably improved which is encouraging but regrettably civil war never seems far away off the pitch
Overreact much?

It certainly hasn't backfired and most reasonable fans will recognise that it's another step forward, albeit without perfect execution. Hopefully, we live and learn and improve. But progress is happening and we'll know in a few days if the message is consistent from those in attendance.

As for "division and dissent", we've all been through the ringer for some time but while there are people so hellbent on finding differences and driving wedges, that's never going to go away anyway. But it's pretty clear that any division and dissent is not being driven by the club at this moment.

Civil Wars happen when vast swathes of people with opposing wishes continue to find active reasons not to be reasonable with each other. Forget what happened before. Do you think that's a good summary of the fanbase as a whole and what's coming out of the club right now?

knee jerk reactions.
Alanis Morissette is already warming up her vocals.

TBH I have no intention of going. I appreciate the efforts that Stan and the backroom team are putting in, but I don't think they are in a position to answer the questions that i'd like answers to. I think only Ron can answer those.

You can bang on as much as you want with things that you may or maynot have been involved in, but we are deep in do do and perhaps the Chemical Ali approach may work for many, but to me its another PR stunt, but thank you for the long reply its much appreciated,, and I will keep cheering on the boys and paying my monies to the cause
By the way my ambitions as a supporter for past 45 years has always remained the same, enjoy the game, perhaps a promotion or two, see a relegation or three, watch players who have graced our pitch and worn the shirt and see one or two go onto better things, watch one or two fail to reach their full potential and discuss why, and end of the day have a beer/coffee with friends before and after the game and go home content
Being in lower division isnot a problem as seen many come and go, some better than you, some worse, however the state of the club at the moment is at lowest ever, and I hope like all supporters hope we get through this as club, we the average supporter can do little, create a platform to raise a noise, but end of the day One man and It is one man controls the club and there is nothing I/you/we can do
But fair play to you and those behind the scenes who are striving to improve the image, which has been badly damaged and will take a lot of time to repair

UTS
I personally hope Stan keeps 'banging' on for as long as it takes to turn the club around; great start so far and long may it continue.

Thanks for everything so far from this 55 season supporter.

Calm down people, I am sure all will be revealed by Thursday and if people have questions about the evening there will be more than 1 or 2 on here who will be happy to answer them.

It's not like there are many secrets kept from the zone.:Whistling:

Failing that of course we just ask @Napster. :Smile:

Last edited:

100% well said. It seems the club/Stan are damned is they do, damned if they dont

Calm down people, I am sure all will be revealed by Thursday and if people have questions about the evening there will be more than 1 or 2 on here who will be happy to answer them.

It's not like there are many secrets kept from the zone.:Whistling:

Failing that of course we just ask @Napster. :Smile:

calm down?! Cricko if you think this is bad, wait until the Thursday morning posts along the lines of: I arrived at the buffet to find all the sausage rolls had gone, and saw someone waltz off with a whole scotch egg, and no cheese and onion crisps were left, absolutely outrageous and an Essex Senior league level of buffet organisation for a National League event.......

Oh boy! I pity you mods come Thursday!!

Back