• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News ?⚪️SUPPORTERS MEETING January 2022 ?⚪️

I was going to politely but incredulously respond to one or two of them, but I can't be bothered to waste my breath.

I was lucky enough to get tickets because I happened to take a break from my computer screen and have a scroll on SZ at an opportune moment. If I didn't manage to get a ticket and I had to wait for a write-up or second-hand account from somebody who attended, I could have dealt with it. I'm a grown adult. No method was going to please everyone, but this was the fairest way.

The entitlement, snide comments and blinkered comments from people with an axe to grind are indeed embarrassing.

Unfortunately, anything from Stan seems to end up like this.

It’s a sad state of affairs. As fans, we want to be kept in the loop (we actually want to know everything, even stuff that we really don’t need to know) and Stan is doing that for us tomorrow evening. Then fans begin to moan about it.

Stan has mentioned why it isn’t being recorded, yet some people are still asking why.

I’m not attending, I’m away with work tomorrow so couldn’t go, and probably wouldn’t anyways as I have a wife and a two year old at home. I’ll read peoples reports on Thursday or Friday whilst I’m on the toilet, or get a spare 5/10 minutes.

There is no fairer way that first come first serve. Someone suggested names out of a hat, but that would lead to even more arguments and complaints from those that have missed out.

Unfortunately, as with everything in life nowadays, you either seem to be on one side of the argument or the other. People don’t seem to see things from both sides. Certain people seem to have their nose out of joint because Stan blocks people on Twitter. Well stop sending abusive messages, it’s really that simple.

Stan, and the Club, are damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

As for Stan being involved is a PR stunt, that truly is laughable.

Hopefully those that attend tomorrow night attend with an open mind, take in what is being discussed, and raise their concerns accordingly. Rather than dismissing everything that is being said, and waiting until the safety of behind their keyboards to have another dig.

Makes me laugh because if the club selected people for each session then others would moan that it's unfair. You cannot win with some.

I personally would have liked to attend but wasn't quick enough to get a ticket. I'm not going to cry in my soup tonight over it though, first come first served is completely fair.

Will gladly await the second hand accounts from attendees.

If the club don't want to video the meeting how about providing some courtroom style pastel drawings of proceedings in the programme for the Kings Lynn game?
If someone wants to give me a ticket I can do that kind of sketch. I did get a d in my art o level so more than qualified .

Makes me laugh because if the club selected people for each session then others would moan that it's unfair. You cannot win with some.

I personally would have liked to attend but wasn't quick enough to get a ticket. I'm not going to cry in my soup tonight over it though, first come first served is completely fair.

Will gladly await the second hand accounts from attendees.
There'll be other sessions for other fans to attend who couldn't make this one.

Or maybe not. If I was Stan, I'd be thinking '**** this' at this point.

Dozens of clubs both within the FL and NL would be jumping at the chance to have this level of forum and interaction with club officials. We on the other hand can't stop moaning about a first come first served ballot, heaven forbid members of SZ ever have to wait 30 minutes in an online queue for tickets on Ticketmaster only to find that the event is a sell out! Imagine the furore of not getting preferential treatment because your cousin's next door neighbour once had a part-time job making tea in the back office of Ticketmaster.

What a bunch of bitter lemons.

Keep on going as you are Stan.

I too am missing this one tomorrow but that was through my choice (holiday looming) and I saw the post (luckily) when it had just been put up. I am not worried I am missing, yeah any other time I would have liked to have attended.
I am guessing there will be plenty of people who are going telling us what has been said and am happy to wait for them to tell us.

This has been a long time coming and pleased it was open to all and no exclusivity for anyone regardless. I just hope people who are attending take this opportunity and ask the right questions and please don’t waste this chance being given.
Anyone who is attending tomorrow if someone pipes up with the usual dribble i.e. where has the Eastwood money gone, why don’t we play in lighter socks etc please tell them to shut up and keep the questions appropriate and constructive.

We are all relying on the people going tomorrow to make this a success so that further evenings can be held

I too am missing this one tomorrow but that was through my choice (holiday looming) and I saw the post (luckily) when it had just been put up. I am not worried I am missing, yeah any other time I would have liked to have attended.
I am guessing there will be plenty of people who are going telling us what has been said and am happy to wait for them to tell us.

This has been a long time coming and pleased it was open to all and no exclusivity for anyone regardless. I just hope people who are attending take this opportunity and ask the right questions and please don’t waste this chance being given.
Anyone who is attending tomorrow if someone pipes up with the usual dribble i.e. where has the Eastwood money gone, why don’t we play in lighter socks etc please tell them to shut up and keep the questions appropriate and constructive.

We are all relying on the people going tomorrow to make this a success so that further evenings can be held
I don't think I'll be reading the thread on the back of it which no doubt will be another never ending bun fight. I think Stan has suitably informed above what is happening behind the scenes, which is good enough for me..... saves me attending one less meeting tomorrow!

Unfortunately, anything from Stan seems to end up like this.

It’s a sad state of affairs. As fans, we want to be kept in the loop (we actually want to know everything, even stuff that we really don’t need to know) and Stan is doing that for us tomorrow evening. Then fans begin to moan about it.

Stan has mentioned why it isn’t being recorded, yet some people are still asking why.
Genuine question - I have missed the reason why it is not being recorded ?

Those that are missing out and moaning are embarrassing themselves. just do what you would usually do on an evening and read the comments the next day (maybe even sooner, as it won’t be the same old people providing slow updates that you have to ask for and get s**** response to)

If you are that worried I still have tickets for £20.

Genuine question - I have missed the reason why it is not being recorded ?
This was all I could find. Basically first one not recorded - no reason from what I can see - but future ones may be recorded.

Attachments

• EBA33E47-9022-4EA4-8D79-18431C004952.png
    EBA33E47-9022-4EA4-8D79-18431C004952.png
    527.2 KB · Views: 44
People are acting like they have missed out on a millionaires ball.

Ffs. Have a day off.

Stan will chat about the direction of the club and things that are happening by the scenes and upcoming plans.

Those that are there will ask a few questions.

All of what's said will be fedback and discussed on here.

I'm not sure why people are getting so irate or giving Stan a hard time.

Back