• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hereford United in '75 was grim ..as was mentioned earlier. It was the game after a big cup tie ..either Swansea or Cardiff. The feeling of anti-climax, the 1-3 loss and the bitter cold.

Harlow away in the cup was cold, wet and miserable. If you ask John Motson he would recall the Liverpool match although it was warm standing in the west stand.

Wettest was Walsall away at their old ground in mid week for a Naff Daff trophy or whatever it was called then and the guttering gave away above the away supporters and we were soaked to the skin and I drove all the way home absolutely drenched. I think we got well stuffed about 3-0 or some thing like that. I had to visit the doctor the next day to have my sanity checked out as to why I was there in the first place!
I was there for that one. We were 2-0 down and singing "call it off, call it off", then we got one back and were singing "keep it on, keep it on". We ended up losing 4-1, and you're right the roof did leak....

Wettest.....has to gillinham away about 20 odd years ago...crowny with a late leveller.
I dont feel the cold so cant help im afraid

This for me as well , the wettest I have actually ever been, not just at a SUFC match !

Another easy vote for Mk Dons Away as the coldest, it was just truly horrific beyond words... with an open terrace and an arctic wind blowing around the place, it just sapped your will to live, let alone chant. (Now i have a vague sense of what Shackleton went though!!) and What with the poor result, some car issues along the motorway on the way home and getting a bollocking over the mobile from a manager at work.... I'd be honest with you all, i kinda wish i never made the journey in the first place!! :smile:

Coldest: Definitely the FA Cup replay at Roots Hall against Bury a few years back. I've never wished a match to finish in 90 minutes so badly - however the match went to extra time and penalties (of which Dan Bentley saved 3 of Bury's and sent us through).

Yeah I remember that game against Bury, feet went completely numb - do you also remember Tomlins awful awful penalty?

Think it was March sort of time as I seem to recall we were going for promotion.

Agree, definately coldest by miles at The national hockey stadium that day we played Mk Dons. Think it was raining too, but so cold and p**d off I don't actually remember that much! I do know that I went seriously unprepared, no hat or gloves, and we lost! Not good :sad:

the wettest, possibly at Burton in the play offs last season. Not too bad inside the ground, but got drowned on the way too and from the car park!

Wettest for me, was Bournemouth away 1997 IIRC, cant remember much about the game as I was on a Paul Holland coach which meant a lot of drinking.

MK Dons at the NHS was so cold we were trying to persuade smokers to light up so we could huddle around the flames.

Bristol last year still makes me shudder. I went by motorcycle and ended up in the services at 1am stripped off and drying myself by the hand dryer in the toilets. Vivid memories of the feel of water sloshing around in my boots.

1) Coldest

Has to be MK dons away at the national hockey stadium. Was a naff day in general but topped off with the fact it was literally Siberian temperatures. We lost, there was no where to drink and I think this was as cold as the UK has ever been

2) Wettest

Bristol Rovers away this season just gone. It literally rained the whole second half and there was almost no cover. My jeans were so wet I had to hand drier them off my legs once I got back to the hotel. My notes were soaked in my wallet and my socks and shoes I had to peel off me. Only positive from the night is I learnt that my K-Way jacket can survive a monsoon.

Rained so hard my head hurt!

Im still refusing to give money to MK Francise so can't comment there, but I remember being frozen at Norwich on boxing day in the mid 90's. We won 1-0, I think Jones scored a back heel. That warmed me up a little...

Coldest for me was Grimsby I think in 1990 promotion season.

Coldest for me was Grimsby I think in 1990 promotion season.
Defo the foggiest on a mid week game that I got to, got in the ground and literally could not see the pitch from the main stand which we had been let into the bar just so we could refresh, witness the depth of sea fog and then have the almost 8 hour drive back to the Essex Riviera.

Defo the foggiest on a mid week game that I got to, got in the ground and literally could not see the pitch from the main stand which we had been let into the bar just so we could refresh, witness the depth of sea fog and then have the almost 8 hour drive back to the Essex Riviera.

8 hours? I suppose it is if you stop at every pub on the route home. :smile:

Another vote for MK Dons at the Hockey stadium (stadium my a**e!!!) as the coldest. We were quite high up on the stand and I could hardly see anything as my scarf was wrapped around my whole face. Second coldest was definitely Bury in the cup game a couple of years ago. After extra time and penalties, I felt like an ice sculpture!!Wettest for me was Yeovil. I had bought tickets for the covered seating but when we got to the ground my daughter decided she wanted to stand on the terrace. It wasn't raining then but by the time the match had finished I felt like I had been in the shower with all my clothes on!! We got back on the TZ coach and couldn't see out of any of the windows for ages as they all steamed up with the condensation for 52 very wet shrimpers.

Back