• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't remember being cold at the FA Cup game against Liverpool but it was probably the excitement that kept me warm. From a personal point of view, the coldest I have ever been was in Azerbaijan watching England some years back. I had to come out at half time it was that bitter. Joke of it all was people were walking around in shorts and tee-shirts the day before.

I don't remember being cold at the FA Cup game against Liverpool but it was probably the excitement that kept me warm. From a personal point of view, the coldest I have ever been was in Azerbaijan watching England some years back. I had to come out at half time it was that bitter. Joke of it all was people were walking around in shorts and tee-shirts the day before.

Get you soldier :winking: The sight of 44 hairy legs finally tip you over the edge?

Al

Do you remember going to Darlo about Xmas 2002? Got up there really early on the train. We got soaked all day and it was freezing. Could probably be a good candidate for both coldest and wettest.

I forgot about that one. Bob and me got chucked out if I remember rightly for the silly string incident :smile: Wasn't that the one where I won a case of beer in a raffle at the pub? It got so wet the packaging dissolved. Was a bit on the chilly side as well.

I forgot about that one. Bob and me got chucked out if I remember rightly for the silly string incident :smile: Wasn't that the one where I won a case of beer in a raffle at the pub? It got so wet the packaging dissolved. Was a bit on the chilly side as well.

That's it....There was a team at the time (Maybe Everton) that you could always pick in the raffle and you got it. Think you did the same at Rushden from memory which is actually one of my best ever away days.

Think you may been the only people to ever be ejected from football for firing silly string.

Coldest bury at home in fa cup - probably the only time I wished we hadn't scored because I lost the feeling in my feet by about half time.
Also spurs away in cup about a week before Xmas a few years ago when game went to extra time and Defoe scored that offside goal 3 mins from time.

At home to Watford on the first game of the season in 76 , we were in the middle of the hottest summer for years , coldest was Peterborough at home in Jan 87 , it started snowing that night and did not stop till the following tuesday ,there was three foot of snow on streets .The wettest was Cambridge away Oct 76 when the Suthend supporters had to stand in the rain when there was a empty covered stand next to us , Southends manager wrote in his notes in the programe how out of order that was .

Coldest. Will never ever forget MK Dons at NHS. There was something wrong with the world that day. It was February and biblical. Not sure anyone else mentioned it but Bolton away at Burnden Park in mid 90s was damned cold. Maybe it was that I didn't dress appropriately.

Wettest. Newcastle away early 90s. I've got a great photo to prove it. Great day out though.

Hereford United in '75 was grim ..as was mentioned earlier. It was the game after a big cup tie ..either Swansea or Cardiff. The feeling of anti-climax, the 1-3 loss and the bitter cold.

Yep, I'll give Hereford at home a third vote. Aside from the cold and losing I remember the crowd noise in the West as being great (despite the low turn out) as the only way to prevent frost bite was to jump around and make some noise, Seem to recall Big Red Willie Coulson (or was it Dave Cunningham) moving down the wing quicker than he ever had, again presumably spurred on by the vital need to keep the circulation going.

Blimey, nearly 40 years ago. Can recall that but not what I had for tea.:sad:

Back