• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

1 in 15 jobs to go at Royal Mail

The General

The Mouse (*)
Starting from Monday, apparently. For every 15 delivery walks - the RM want 1 walk to be done on top on the postman's normal delivery. Hey i cant grumble - as i've had it easy for the past 5 years - and its not going to add a whole lot of time but expect local strikes - maybe at the bigger offices (such as Basildon, Southend, Chelmo) The RM have given up with the Union (who i've never been a member of) and are no longer listening/discussing anything with them.

Things could get worse over the next 2 years but we shall see.

So - expect later mail, more mistakes, never having the same postman and just a whole load of confusion!

Happy days!

Kev

So - expect later mail, more mistakes, never having the same postman and just a whole load of confusion!

So just like it is now then ;)

In all honesty, as you've already said, this was always going to happen as how can people expect to be paid for a ceratin number of hours a week, only work some of them and then go on strike when they are challenged over it? You seem to be quite philosophical about it as i'm sure most "newcomers" to the job would be, however the people who have done this for years will no doubt kick off big time

on the bright side, the extra walking should add to your fitness for the football?

on the bright side, the extra walking should add to your fitness for the football?

Im immune to walking - so cant really use that as a positive!!

As G says - im sure the old guard will kick up the biggest stink but its going to be interesting next 3/4 days so if the postie looks hacked off this week - you know why!

Kev

Im immune to walking - so cant really use that as a positive!!

As G says - im sure the old guard will kick up the biggest stink but its going to be interesting next 3/4 days so if the postie looks hacked off this week - you know why!

Kev

Well if you are on here at 12:30 it's clear you finish far too early. You have plenty of time to deliver another round.

Perhaps he found his wage slip blowing down the road as I have done not once but twice in the last year?

You must work for the same company as me then fella , my Wage slip is so light it floats and has a mind of its own !!

You can hardly slag Kev for not working WRS- Havent you got another 6 weeks off now?

Could get worse - some offices could lose 1 in 6 jobs - which is a horrible thought as thats a stupid amount of jobs that are going to be gone!!

Kev

Back