• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

...and yet, I would be outraged if the government was telling me how to make my own financial decisions with money I have earned in the provate sector just as I would be if the government told me what I could and couldn't eat or drink.

If they were to offer a prescriptive risk to liquid asset ratios and a way people could measure it it might be more useful

sadly a lot of people need regulation to curb their insane spending.

Probably because the staff are on a bonus!

The only plus with a credit card is insurance against the retailer going bust BUT only if the purchase is over £100; if the whole sum is paid on the card (i.e. not half cash, half card) and not credit card cheques. I think that's right!

No protection if using credit card cheques. If using the credit card you are protected for the full amount (I think the max is something like £27k) as long as the amount on the card is over £100 regardless of how any balance is paid.

sadly a lot of people need regulation to curb their insane spending.

or let them go bust and hope they've learnt their lesson - and that lesson will be passed on to their kids etc. No one forced them to take the cash- the lesson is harsh but fair. It will also be a lesson for the bankers with the cash they'll lose as well.

or let them go bust and hope they've learnt their lesson - and that lesson will be passed on to their kids etc. No one forced them to take the cash- the lesson is harsh but fair. It will also be a lesson for the bankers with the cash they'll lose as well.

you will probably find that many debtors have fled the country,and those up to their eyes in debt possibly dont care.

i wonder if the banks will learn..................lets all hope so.

Read in the paper this morning that home loans are up by 1,000 on last month which is good news for the market. Guess it's all those repossessed houses being snapped up.

Back