• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

10,000+ dead in Chinese Earthquake

Or Groundhog Day?

In all seriousness, it's that time of year when natural disasters a'plenty seems to happen. Hope the Chinese authorities are a bit more receptive to help than the Burmese.

It is very very sad, but it is a natural disaster unlike a terror attack. Very hard for people involved to lay blame, look for answers or reach closure.

Very terrible...

I still fancy that takeaway though.

*Hard hat on

Im not a religious sort of chap but is this Gods way of reducing the worlds population?

Im not a religious sort of chap but is this Gods way of reducing the worlds population?

That is a widely held belief Steve.........

there are 19 British folk that are still unaccounted for as well.

I tend to agree, Natural Disasters, epedemics, maybe even wars, do seem to be Natures way of maintaining the balance between population and resources.
But as Mankind develops, people live longer and the strain on the planet increases.

I have been watching a lot of BBC's medieval series and I was quite surprised to learn that 50% of Britains population was wiped out by plaguein the space of a year or so during the 1300's . that is one hell of a cull by the big man ! but is started the process of democracy, apparently, as the easily available workforce for the land owners suddenly dried up and the serfs / peasants got a bit of a voice. Every cloud etc etc

Thats exactly what I think. Im not religious either but I see it as kind of way the world keeps things on an even balance.

If only it was selective..... Id start with Vanessa Feltz, Dennis Wise and Jody Marsh.

It is generally the poorest countries, those where human life is relatively cheap (in comparison to the West), that have to suffer the terrible fall out from these natural disasters. Not saying that makes it any easier, just an observation.

The only one in recent years to affect the West in any significant way was the New Orleans situation a few years back. Would heavily Westernised countries allow development so near major fault lines? Who knows, I guess until San Franscisco bears witness again, we can't say.

Thats exactly what I think. Im not religious either but I see it as kind of way the world keeps things on an even balance.

If only it was selective..... Id start with Vanessa Feltz, Dennis Wise and Jody Marsh.

Meooowwwww

:net:

It is generally the poorest countries, those where human life is relatively cheap (in comparison to the West), that have to suffer the terrible fall out from these natural disasters. Not saying that makes it any easier, just an observation.

The only one in recent years to affect the West in any significant way was the New Orleans situation a few years back. Would heavily Westernised countries allow development so near major fault lines? Who knows, I guess until San Franscisco bears witness again, we can't say.

Ahem ....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Andreas_Fault

there is some called the demographic transition model -
it has 5 stages - now place like china are in stage 4 going on 5, and no one knows what happens after that - only natural disasters and wars can bring a country back to stage 1 or 2

If only it was selective..... Id start with Vanessa Feltz...

Southend Lady for PM!!

:clap:

(PS: Let it be known here and now that I will green rep ANY and EVERY instance of Vanessa Feltz anti-love).

As for God's work, hmmm, I'm going along with Plate Technotronics personally.

Back