• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next 3 games are big too and include Burton & Bury away. Cambridge at home in between those two and we should beat them as they are mid-table with nothing to play for. 5 points from those 3 wouldn't be a bad return but could hurt us.

The 3 games after are against those near the bottom of the table and while we should be winning those, they will be fighting for their lives! Should be going for all 9 points.

The next 3 include Luton and Newport at home with Exeter away. Again, I'd say 7 points is a minimum here with Exeter in mid-table and Luton and Newport having average/poor away records.

I make that 21 points from those 9 games putting us on 83 going into the final game against Morecambe away.

Final 10 games for the current top 10.

Was looking this afternoon at the last 10 fixtures. I believe that our final position will not only be influenced by our form but the results that the current top 10 who are either going for a top 3 place or a play off position. Burton have to play 6 of the current top 10 (starting on Wednesday with us, Luton as well. The full list makes interesting reading especially if you are a Shrewsbury fan

Burton 6 games against the current top 10
Luton 6 games against the current top 10
Northampton 5 games against the current top 10
Bury 4 games against the current top 10
Newport 4 games against the current top 10
Southend 4 games against the current top 10
Plymouth 3 games against the current top 10
Stevenage 3 games against the current top 10
Wycombe 3 games against the current top 10
Shrewsbury 2 games against the current top 10

I think that these head to heads will go in our favour. What is everyone else's opinion?

UTB

Very true, but Shrewsbury have 2 away games in the next 3 (they don't seem as strong away), and Wycombe have to go to Luton and Burton in their next 5.

Indeed, difference is they can afford to lose one, each game we lose we risk dropping to 6 points behind.

If we can just get in there the pressure switches, for the moment though we are chasing the pack and points we drop have a bigger impact.

If we could get a couple of decent results, even draws against Bury and Burton, hopefully we can stay in touch with top 3 and take it from there.

After Bury we have 3 home games out of 4 winnable games.

Next 3 games are big too and include Burton & Bury away. Cambridge at home in between those two and we should beat them as they are mid-table with nothing to play for. 5 points from those 3 wouldn't be a bad return but could hurt us.

The 3 games after are against those near the bottom of the table and while we should be winning those, they will be fighting for their lives! Should be going for all 9 points.

The next 3 include Luton and Newport at home with Exeter away. Again, I'd say 7 points is a minimum here with Exeter in mid-table and Luton and Newport having average/poor away records.

I make that 21 points from those 9 games putting us on 83 going into the final game against Morecambe away.
Very optimistic that we won't lose 1 game until Morceambe away! (If I'm reading it right?)

Very optimistic that we won't lose 1 game until Morceambe away! (If I'm reading it right?)

True, although after the Wycombe defeat we did go 10 games unbeaten with 5 wins and 5 draws (including one against Burton).

I could see us losing against Burton and hopefully beat Bury. After the Bury game, the next 6 don't really worry me. Luton and Newport will be the trickiest and their away records are quite average.

We have only lost 2 in 15 or so games, that said, 83 points with a game to go seems rather optimistic and possibly influenced by a recent good 3-1 win :smile:

If we don't make it to the auto's it will probably be because of the draws away at Shrewsbury and home to Wycombe. The better team and winning, then, threw it away at the end both times. Must not lose at Bury.

Indeed, thats the one. Id rather lose to Burton and get something there. A couple of draws would do though.

Indeed, thats the one. Id rather lose to Burton and get something there. A couple of draws would do though.

I want us to get at least a point at Bury, but after last season we really owe Burton and I want us to annihilate them, gits.

take a point at Burton very hard place to go but I beleve al;l the other tteams we are chasing play tuesday which will tell us what we need as our game is weds .

I wouldn't think of hand pick which team we should win or so, we could beat Burton, Bury but lose to Cambridge at home! Anything can happen in football, e.g. Shrewsbury drawing with Cambridge at home last week!

6 wins, 3 draws and one defeat may just see us nick 3rd spot and is achievable especially after yesterdays performance. I still think either Wycombe or Shrewsbury will go through a bad patch.

We can beat Burton and Bury and storm into the top three. Just need to believe. Corr is looking a different player, Leonard is getting back to scoring, Pigott is a class act and today's win at Dagenham is a sign of good times coming.:smile:
No teams will be looking forward to playing us on the run in now.

I do think we should be trying to protect Corr a bit, does he really need to stay on to the end of games? I would rather see Cassidy come on alongside Pigott for a while, or alongside Payne even. If we have to go into the play offs we are going to require Corr to be at his peak.

Back