• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Providing I go to Burton, Accrington and Morecambe I'll complete the current 92.

There are some clubs where I've only visited the old ground and not the new such as Middlesbrough, and I've only been to Old Trafford for England games, but it'll be good enough for me!

Crikey! At Spotland, players had to a) put coconut mats down to take a corner as the pitch was so slimy and wet and 2) propel themselves forward by pushing against the perimeter wall to gain sufficient momentum to take the corner!! I can see the grass growing up through the broken terraces now!

IIRC there used to be a bloody great big asbestos manufacturer behind the ground, you really didn't want to breathe too often there.

It will be my 116th, Ive only Scunthorpe, Morecambe, Stevenage and Burton to do. I've not included any non-league grounds, that would take me somewhere around 140.

Best Ground... Old Trafford
Most bizarre ground.. Firhill, in the fog
Worst Ground... The Shay

Best away day... Bury. Benjamin. Booze.

Only 43 of the current 92, but 88 grounds in total (including demolished ones likes Highbury and the Manor Ground) taking in to account non-league, Scotland, elsewhere in the world etc. Keeping it to the Prem and Football League though:

Favourite ground - Craven Cottage
Least favourite - Priestfield

Worldwide, La Bombonera (Boca Juniors) and Santiago Bernabéu (Real Madrid) are both pretty special.

I'm at 106 or 107, I think although that includes a few non-league grounds I've played at. I've done 67 of the current 92.

Best ground: Elland Road for Leeds vs Manure. There is not an atmosphere to beat it. In terms of quality of the stadium, New Wembley. I liked Ibrox too.

Worst ground: The old Shay, when it had the speedway track around it or Oxford's Manor Ground

Back