• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
On Saturday this will be my 100th League ground i have visited both old and new grounds.
I started out back in 1987 going to Fulham away (first away game of the season, going on marion and chris's coach) we lost 1-0 to a 87th minute goal that was a deflection off of Danny o'shea chest.
I was thinking about what is the best ground and worst i have visited over the last 23 years (Oh my god!!)

Best ground- Apart from Roots hall - (I love everything about it and the memorie's I will never forget) it has to be

Worst ground - Springfield park

Best memory of a away game- Bury away on a tuesday night we lost 3-1 and Danny o'shea got sent off. The reason for this game was that I was asked if i wanted to travel on the team coach by John Adams (Vice Chairman) which i did and for me seeing how a team prepares for a game was just amazing. I remember after the game the coach stopped for fish & chips and lager which was arranged by big Roy.

Ground i want to visit - Newport County 9If they get back in the league as this was the first team I ever saw at Roots Hall)

Grounds still to visit in leagues
Liverpool
Man.city
Man.utd
Aston Villa
Cardiff city
Stevenage
Accrington
Morcambe
Burton.

Out of these teams I want to visit Liverpool last and stand on the Kop (sober!!)

So what about you, how many grounds have you visited old and new, how many do you need to do to complete 92, best and worst and any good stories?

Writing this Danny o'shea really did ruin some of my best days!!!

I've rather lost count with all the new grounds, however I'll never be able to complete the full set of 92 while the MK Franchise scum remains in the Football League as an affront to all clubs and a warning it could happen to us.

Just doing a quick calculation I've done in the region of 90/100 grounds, not all watching SUFC and quite a few belonging to clubs such as Newport who are no longer in the League.

I've rather lost count with all the new grounds, however I'll never be able to complete the full set of 92 while the MK Franchise scum remains in the Football League as an affront to all clubs and a warning it could happen to us.

Just doing a quick calculation I've done in the region of 90/100 grounds, not all watching SUFC and quite a few belonging to clubs such as Newport who are no longer in the League.

Similar to you Harry, some are now non-league and some are old grounds which no longer exist. Am standing around the 84 mark.

The other way round surely?lol

meoww.jpg

Ahh good thread Andy ... are you drunk lol ??

As alluded to ^^^ there are so many teams who have moved in recent years its really difficult to keep track so i'm just hoping to have seen every team play at home, to that end i've still to do Accrington, Morecambe and Burton from L2 so obviously hope to do them this season, and Arsenal, Liverpoo and Villa from the top flight

Best and Worst grounds??

I really like Molyneux for some reason, worst was Layerbout Road though winning 3-0 there in the title winning season was as good as an away can get without actually winning promotion i think

This is a good post badger, you must have been drunk. lol.

I've done 83 of the 92 and 128 league grounds in total. Inc non league, scottish and foriegn i'd done just over 230 in total.

Best ground is Fiorentina although league ground is Roots Hall, St.Marys is decent and my best as an away fan.

Worst as Lee says was Layerabout Road and is now probably birdbrain road.

The one ground i want to do is Barrow although Newport is a good shout.

On Saturday this will be my 100th League ground i have visited both old and new grounds.
I started out back in 1987 going to Fulham away (first away game of the season, going on marion and chris's coach) we lost 1-0 to a 87th minute goal that was a deflection off of Danny o'shea chest.
I was thinking about what is the best ground and worst i have visited over the last 23 years (Oh my god!!)

Best ground- Apart from Roots hall - (I love everything about it and the memorie's I will never forget) it has to be

Best memory of a away game- Bury away on a tuesday night we lost 3-1 and Danny o'shea got sent off. The reason for this game was that I was asked if i wanted to travel on the team coach by John Adams (Vice Chairman) which i did and for me seeing how a team prepares for a game was just amazing. I remember after the game the coach stopped for fish & chips and lager which was arranged by big Roy.

Ground i want to visit - Newport County 9If they get back in the league as this was the first team I ever saw at Roots Hall)

Liverpool
Man.city
Man.utd
Aston Villa
Cardiff city
Stevenage
Accrington
Morcambe
Burton.

Out of these teams I want to visit Liverpool last and stand on the Kop (sober!!)

So what about you, how many grounds have you visited old and new, how many do you need to do to complete 92, best and worst and any good stories?

Bloody good effort I say. I have done 65 in 65 years!! Also done a few foreign ones during my travels. Worst ground Somerton Park and Spotland, equally shocking, best ground(apart from RH) Anfield which was mainly due to the fantastic atmosphere created by the Kop.

Including clubs no longer in league and teams who have moved stadiums ie Stoke,Reading i have done 117 grounds.Out of current 92 im on 82 grounds

Bloody good effort I say. I have done 65 in 65 years!! Also done a few foreign ones during my travels. Worst ground Somerton Park and Spotland, equally shocking, best ground(apart from RH) Anfield which was mainly due to the fantastic atmosphere created by the Kop.

Got to agree Somerton Park was an absolute ********, I remember going there and getting a right chasing by a gang wielding iron bars. We had to clear a wall about 10ft high to make good our escape. Welsh *****.

Liverpool
Man.city
Man.utd
Aston Villa
Cardiff city
Stevenage
Accrington
Morcambe
Burton.

Why are you only including League grounds or have you included visits to non-league grounds in the FA Cup & Football League Trophy? An easier way of counting the grounds might be to include grounds that you have seen a first team league or cup match.
Are they all grounds you have done with Southend or have you included nuetral matches?
Also what was your favourite ground? You tell us 'apart from Roots Hall it has to be.............'???

A more general question but do grounds that have been totally rebuilt on the existing site count as a new ground? Recent examples are Bournemouth & Blackpool.

Just had a count up and I have seen Southend play a first team game at 121 grounds & 30 of the grounds no longer exist.

Why are you only including League grounds or have you included visits to non-league grounds in the FA Cup & Football League Trophy?

Mate if you knew Badger you'd know he struggles to tie his shoelaces most of the time so asking him which grounds he's included in his 100 (like he'd remember anyway) is akin to asking a stuffed penguin the square root of 76,980,517

Got to agree Somerton Park was an absolute ********, I remember going there and getting a right chasing by a gang wielding iron bars. We had to clear a wall about 10ft high to make good our escape. Welsh *****.
Crikey! At Spotland, players had to a) put coconut mats down to take a corner as the pitch was so slimy and wet and 2) propel themselves forward by pushing against the perimeter wall to gain sufficient momentum to take the corner!! I can see the grass growing up through the broken terraces now!

Crikey! At Spotland, players had to a) put coconut mats down to take a corner as the pitch was so slimy and wet and 2) propel themselves forward by pushing against the perimeter wall to gain sufficient momentum to take the corner!! I can see the grass growing up through the broken terraces now!

I must say it must be a few years since you've been sir as Spotland is a very neat and tidy little ground these days

Back