• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
Despite the understandable doom and gloom, the fact remains that we are still right in the promotion race and with several fixtures left against clubs above us (who also have several games against each other), anything could still happen.

As others have said it will be typical of us after capitulating against struggling Morecambe, to sneak a win at Scunny tomorrow - 10 men Northampton showed they are not infallible either.

I can name four sides who would like to be in our position - Plymouth, York, Hartlepool and Newport - and I bet none of their managers and squads are preparing for the week ahead as if the season is over.

One decent win to lift spirits and every remaining match is going to seem winnable so COME ON YOU BLUES !

Good points, we are NOT finished yet!

And SUPPORTERS must get behind the team and give an example of confidence to try and help.

A few results strung together and we will start climbing and go into the play offs with momentum.:omg:

Despite the understandable doom and gloom, the fact remains that we are still right in the promotion race and with several fixtures left against clubs above us (who also have several games against each other), anything could still happen.

As others have said it will be typical of us after capitulating against struggling Morecambe, to sneak a win at Scunny tomorrow - 10 men Northampton showed they are not infallible either.

I can name four sides who would like to be in our position - Plymouth, York, Hartlepool and Newport - and I bet none of their managers and squads are preparing for the week ahead as if the season is over.

One decent win to lift spirits and every remaining match is going to seem winnable so COME ON YOU BLUES !

Plymouth are 3rd in the form table and we are 23rd.

Im not sure they would swap places with us in anything other than table position, and its likely they will do that anyway.

Do agree though, if we can get one win then it could spark us into life, if we had managed to do so on Saturday when Plymouth lost it would have given us a boost and dented their spirits. Sadly didn't happen.

One thing that does concern me is our run in, our last two away games are against Fleetwood and Rochdale, hope we can get our play off position sorted well before then.

I feel we need 7 wins which can be achieved but we have actually won 7 league games from the last 22 matches,It is one big ask.

The one good thing is that of the remaining games we have quite a few of the top sides to play. If im right Scunny, fleetwood, rochdale away and Oxford and Burton at home. Strangley we seem to play better against the better sides so if there is any hope it may be this.

The one good thing is that of the remaining games we have quite a few of the top sides to play. If im right Scunny, fleetwood, rochdale away and Oxford and Burton at home. Strangley we seem to play better against the better sides so if there is any hope it may be this.

Technically your right but I just feel the form needs to improve a touch to stand any hope of those better results with top sides. on it , as you say, we fare ok with top sides but as we are I think it'll be a very long, agonizing 90 mins

I feel we need 7 wins which can be achieved but we have actually won 7 league games from the last 22 matches,It is one big ask.

Checked the last couple of seasons' tables and it need 69 and 72 points to finish 7th. Based on that and we have 50 points Id say we certainly need 6 and some draws. 5 would mean drawing 5 or so.

As our form hasn't been that strong since November its going to need a substantial turn around to achieve that.

At the beginning of the season our form was pretty ropey and it did just turn, so hopefully we can do so again.

Checked the last couple of seasons' tables and it need 69 and 72 points to finish 7th. Based on that and we have 50 points Id say we certainly need 6 and some draws. 5 would mean drawing 5 or so.

As our form hasn't been that strong since November its going to need a substantial turn around to achieve that.

At the beginning of the season our form was pretty ropey and it did just turn, so hopefully we can do so again.

You may well be right,If we can win the 6 at home and collect something on our travels we will be okay however I think the last 4 games assuming we are still in the mix will be pivotal .

Hope is in short supply and unfortunately the players and manager have been relying on this for too long, unless the players are prepared to battle as they did earlier in the season, where incidently they did turn it round, I see nothing but another season of mediocrity. Lately they have been going through the motions and as soon as a setback appears too many players have just accepted their fate. Time to grow some and work as hard as the teams weve played against recently, do that and who knows what will happen. Our record against the better teams isnt too shoddy so Scunny could be the turning point.

A couple of wins and that would really help team spirit need to win 2/3 next games to stay in contention. bearing in mind plymouth are on good form

The point is no one knows whats going to happen. Don't believe in comparing last years points tally, current form etc. Just play 1 game at a time. Who thought no win in 9 games would mean we are still in play off places based on other results - probably nobody. We need Brown to make changes and just take each game in isolation. It is still in our hands and the players need to seize this opportunity because by rights we shouldn't be in contention.

The fact that we have to play Scunthorpe, Oxford, Rochdale, Fleetwood and Burton worries me.

The fact that we have to play Scunthorpe, Oxford, Rochdale, Fleetwood and Burton worries me.

Indeed, and two of our last 3 games (our last 2 away games) are against top 4 sides.

If we dont win tomorrow night then that leaves us 10 games to get around 20 points, with those games you mentioned in there.

Yeah,you're so right, I forgot and thanks for reminding me. It's just that in the last few games I have seen we were so dire my usual optimism completely vanished and my positiveness has been clouded. I'm better now though. Thanks once again............................Don't know what came over me !

It could be a blessing in disguise. We are often at our best when playing better sides. This thread is just the tonic (with some gin and ice) we all need. Looking forward to getting Lincoln Shrimp's take on the match when the dust has settled. As Billy Best pointed out a few days ago, we must look on the bright side of life, always. COYB

What I find amazing given that we are in awful form right now , is that we have still only conceded one more goal than the tightest defence in L2.
Says something about this league I guess.

Back