• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

11 wins out of 53 games

TMWLT

Banned
stats dont look good at the moment, and its likely that tilly will either be sacked or move on this season, i ask the question again, at what point does he become a liability hovering around the bottom 4 at the end of november
out of all the cups?? I would love him to turn it around hes a nice man,
but I think now its too much for him, we had a 3 glory years the natural order must be restored. we have had so much fun over the years

but unless your hero allows the cash to be spent then its curtains

could a darlo situation be beckoning a new stadium holding 20,000 with less than 5,000 in it every week!!!

It's all speculation. You don't know we'll be down the bottom and out of all the cups by November. We've lost two games, one of which we were level in a derby before we had a man wrongfully sent off and the other was probably our toughest match of the season.

stats dont look good at the moment, and its likely that tilly will either be sacked or move on this season, i ask the question again, at what point does he become a liability hovering around the bottom 4 at the end of november
out of all the cups?? I would love him to turn it around hes a nice man,
but I think now its too much for him, we had a 3 glory years the natural order must be restored. we have had so much fun over the years

but unless your hero allows the cash to be spent then its curtains

could a darlo situation be beckoning a new stadium holding 20,000 with less than 5,000 in it every week!!!

Christ!
Is it really that bad. 11 out of 53! I dont like the thought of anyone losing their job but..............................

Bring back bazza!

Let's be honest - yes, a lot of our success was down to the luck of having a certain F.Eastwood in our side. Tilly was fairly lucky to be in charge of a side which always looked good enough to get out of L2. I'd say, although he's done a fabtabulous job, that he's had reasonably favourable circumstance in which to manage. It's at times like these, when we have a s*ite forward line and an inability to score goals, that Tilly will show his true credentials; by showing us how he's turning it around, by finding a decent striker, by stopping us from becoming a mediocre mid-table side. The guy is, in some respects, still on a learning curve. One of those was today. He panicked when Flo came on and changed things when really, he shouldn't have done. I didn't see Gilbert having much of a problem (I don't see why Flo would have targeted him as a right-back anyway), and no matter how tall he is, you just don't bring on a 21-year-old, with little League experience to mark a huge, skilful, wily old veteran like Tore Andre Flo. Not only would Flo do him with his experience, skill and craftiness every time, but it's also huge pressure for Richards. I really, really don't think we'd have conceded three goals like that had Tilson left it as it was instead of panicking. I hope he learns from the mistake.

He's been a legend for us, and 2 games into the season is NOT the time to jump on his back. We know he has a lot of hard work to do and a lot of things to sort out, namely a new striker, but if these problems are as glaringly obvious to us as they seem to be, then I'm sure they are to Tilly too. I don't like giving a timescale to any manager because it sounds like he's under pressure when he's not, but we should give him till at least Christmas before we start looking into the possibility of a management change. Perhaps even longer, to see what he can do in the January transfer window.

53 games presumably works well in your favour. The fact that you felt the need to use this timeframe must be cohesive towards some sort of vendetta because the same manager you talk about is the most successful manager we have had.

Yet people are trying to suggest he got lucky with one signing. WHY ARE WE HAVING CRISIS DISCUSSIONS AFTER TWO LEAGUE GAMES?????

(edited to remove some drunken ramblings... :) )

Last edited:
WHY ARE WE HAVING CRISIS DISCUSSIONS AFTER TWO LEAGUE GAMES?????

i'm sorry SUFCINTHEPREM but you need to look at the bigger picture . . . this isn't just about 2 league games this season - we were poor last season and witnessed terrible wastage of transfer money which could have been used more wisely instead of panic buying

i'll say it one more time - we have lost to a side which narrowly avoided relegation from this division last season, and we've now lost against a side who started 15 points adrift of the rest of the division, who lost their best players during the summer, and now have a patched up team who barely know each other

Leeds have nearly halved their deficit after only 2 games and unless we turn things around very quickly, we will be firmly rooted to the bottom of the table and with a side who can't score and can't keep a clean sheet

Tilson needs to review his tactics and more importantly his team selection -
it is now time to pick players on merit and cut out this 'jobs for the boys' mentality which he seems to have adopted

Al

i'm sorry SUFCINTHEPREM but you need to look at the bigger picture . . . this isn't just about 2 league games this season - we were poor last season and witnessed terrible wastage of transfer money which could have been used more wisely instead of panic buying

i'll say it one more time - we have lost to a side which narrowly avoided relegation from this division last season, and we've now lost against a side who started 15 points adrift of the rest of the division, who lost their best players during the summer, and now have a patched up team who barely know each other

Leeds have nearly halved their deficit after only 2 games and unless we turn things around very quickly, we will be firmly rooted to the bottom of the table and with a side who can't score and can't keep a clean sheet

Tilson needs to review his tactics and more importantly his team selection -
it is now time to pick players on merit and cut out this 'jobs for the boys' mentality which he seems to have adopted

Al

Orient aren't the same team as the one that just avoided the drop last season. I think I'm right in saying that only two players who started last weekend for them were at the club the season before. Plus we were controlling that game until we went wrongfully down to ten men, a point which you singularly refuse to acknowledge, presumably become it completely undermines the point that you're trying to make.

You're making too much of Leeds' problems too. They've made some cracking signings since the transfer embargo was lifted and have some of the highest paid players in League One history on their books. Plus they have turned the points deduction in their favour by creating a seige mentality and we really ran into them at the wrong time. I haven't checked the prediction league on here but did ANYONE expect us to get a point yesterday? I certainly had us down for a defeat in my office prediction league.

Would you be so bitter had we not conceeded those two goals, or even those three goals? Why didn't you make this thread on friday? Stop being so fickle.

Last edited:
Orient aren't the same team as the one that just avoided the drop last season. I think I'm right in saying that only two players who started last weekend for them were at the club the season before. Plus we were controlling that game until we went wrongfully down to ten men, a point which you singularly refuse to acknowledge, presumably become it completely undermines the point that you're trying to make.

You're making too much of Leeds' problems too. They've made some cracking signings since the transfer embargo was lifted and have some of the highest paid players in League One history on their books. Plus they have turned the points deduction in their favour by creating a seige mentality and we really ran into them at the wrong time. I haven't checked the prediction league on here but did ANYONE expect us to get a point yesterday? I certainly had us down for a defeat my office prediction league.

Would you be so bitter had we not conceeded those two goals, or even those three goals? Why didn't you make this thread on friday? Stop being so fickle.

Looking at the fixtures before the season started, it looked a VERY tough start - even going on to Millwall and Brighton. Any team looking to do well needs to win home games though, because of trips like Leeds away.

Shame our home game was a derby against a good side plus the sending off - put us on the back foot straight away. We must get something from Millwall, then in typical Southend fashion, we will probably go to Brighton and win - then that should shut some people up.

No hiding the fact that we need a striker asap though.

**** me sideways. Tilly signs players who don't perform and he's useless, he signs eastwood and he's lucky. FFS for some fans it's not a case of glass being half full but they can't even see a glass.
The most depressing thing this weekend is the Pavlovian guff from the cyber warriors who weren't even at the game. Those that were are more balanced including the Leeds fans. Seems we played quite well, not much attacking threat but undone by late strikes. It happens. Get over it. Not many clubs will come away with points from ER. And would I have Thompson and Flo in a SUFC team. You bet your bippy I would.
BTW who really thought we were going to Leeds and going to get more than a point. Get a grip people.

A final thought. If we all waited 3 hours after a match (especially a loss) before posting we'd have less garbage on this site.

You're making too much of Leeds' problems too. They've made some cracking signings since the transfer embargo was lifted and have some of the highest paid players in League One history on their books. Plus they have turned the points deduction in their favour by creating a seige mentality and we really ran into them at the wrong time. I haven't checked the prediction league on here but did ANYONE expect us to get a point yesterday? I certainly had us down for a defeat my office prediction league.

a point well made sir, I'm trying to make a similar point on another thread. Why the devil are we even discussing the posibility of Tilly getting the heave-ho, the not going to go into why we shouldn't let Tilly go for the second time this morning. However, it's sufficient to say that:
1: Hands down the most succesful manager in Southends History.
2: Is young and still learning his trade.
3: 2 Trophys, 2 cup finals and 2 promotions from a young inexperienced manager should tell it's own story.
4: Has yet to manage a team in the same league for more than a season and a half.
5: Up until the final four games last season we were still in with a shout.
6: Playing Leeds away at this particular point in their history is like trying to mount a single handed charge across no-mans-land towards the entire might of the German army, armed only with bad language.

Last edited:
**** me sideways. Tilly signs players who don't perform and he's useless, he signs eastwood and he's lucky. FFS for some fans it's not a case of glass being half full but they can't even see a glass.
The most depressing thing this weekend is the Pavlovian guff from the cyber warriors who weren't even at the game. Those that were are more balanced including the Leeds fans. Seems we played quite well, not much attacking threat but undone by late strikes. It happens. Get over it. Not many clubs will come away with points from ER. And would I have Thompson and Flo in a SUFC team. You bet your bippy I would.
BTW who really thought we were going to Leeds and going to get more than a point. Get a grip people.

A final thought. If we all waited 3 hours after a match (especially a loss) before posting we'd have less garbage on this site.

Or better still, why not let only those who attended the last away match to post at all and then only those that want to tow the line of no dissent. That should make for interesting debate.
I think you will find that much of the alarm on here is based upon the last 50 odd games....not just leeds.

Precisely. Well said.

I know im not happy about things, but no way should we let Tilly go, the man has been a genius with what he has had to work with over the years, however I do feel he has been sold out big time, 'by that 'Bullchitting ****' Ron Martin, Its clear to see and from people that are close to the club and in the know, that funds are clearly not being made available to Tilly

Your a fraud Martin........

Dont know about you, but it takes me a hell of a lot longer than 3 hours to get over a 4-1 defeat, infact it will not be out of my system until the next game..

Weekend ruined yet again...

And I like many others will have to face the office "banter" tomorrow morning, not looking forward to that either.

Back