• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane 13 Years Ago Today, Something to put a smile on your face!

Can still remember it exactly how I watched it. It was an out of body experience and my most surreal night as a Shrimper. Freddy took the plaudits and rightly so but Flavs was in someone else's body that night

The irony is not lost on me that tonight, St Freddy Day, Ill be at Old Trafford. Might mention it to the locals.

Still the best day Ive had at the Hall.

Thanks Ricey

I needed something like that this morning

Makes you realise how far we have sunk though

What a night. Still remember the fans going through the motions thinking they might get back into it soon. And then an eerie silence around 70 minutes and everyone realising we actually have a chance of winning this!

Unbelievable night and atmosphere. My Dad still can't get over he missed the goal because he got delayed on the train. :Facepalm:

Somebody at the club needs to sit our whole squad down with a couple of beers and watch the highlights of this match on a big screen. Crank the volume up . Let them hear the noise and joy from the Southend fans. Let them feel the passion. Let them know that if they win at Dover and the next round , its possible we could get this kind of fixture again.
We were bottom of the league at the time of this fixture ( in the Championship) so even in times of terrible form that amazingly brilliant things can still happen.
UTB :LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

Please don't shoot me but Manchester United are my other team. As a young man I was drawn to the beauty of their game even when they got relegated. I follow their results and that is as far as it goes. As I was living in the Netherlands at the time I only got to half a dozen home games a season at this time. I travelled back and queued in the freezing cold and if memory serves the snow. after many many hours I got my precious tickets. I stood in the west with my father and we celebrated like we had won the cup itself. It was the culmination of years of frustration released all at once. Little did I know I would not watch another Blues game with my father due to his ill health etc but what a night.

one of the best goalkeeping displays ive witnessed live, Flavs was on fire that night, after that display a lot of our players got put on other clubs radars and rightly so

I was in the west right in line with the ball when Freddy stepped up .......Loved it .

Just an awesome, unforgettable night. Fabulous atmosphere, stunning team effort and a game and result to live in the memory forever. It was a tough season overall but with some real highlights, this being the absolute best. Mind you I quite enjoyed our home result against QPR too!

Brilliant to see again - I remember thinking at half time that it was important to savour the moment as we were unlikely to see out the win - never been happier to be proved wrong.

Living in Melbourne ,i didnt get to see the game live ,but remember the next day buying the Daily paper here and there it was on the back page ,Tears swelled i can tell you , finally i had something to shut all my Man u and liverpool mates up with , i had bragging rights .I still at times sit down and watch the match as it was sent to me by a person from shrimperzone ,

A truly great night , Shame we woz robbed at spurs in the next round very late on..

Defoe offside goal, last min of extra time. 10.30 ish what a time to get out of Tottenham re public transport?. Ended up getting a bus to near Liverpool St & walking round to fenchurch St for late train back.
By the time the train got to Leigh & i walked home ( no taxis about that time of night ), it must have been 1am. Very much doubt we're ever see those days again, thank god i was around to be part of them.

one of the best goalkeeping displays ive witnessed live, Flavs was on fire that night, after that display a lot of our players got put on other clubs radars and rightly so

I was in the west right in line with the ball when Freddy stepped up .......Loved it .

I was a few metres closer to the North Bank. Magic times :)

Back