• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

15 minutes left till 5pm

One more thing, i have never seen so many monty panesar lookalikes in my life!

racists, the lot of ya

Not racist at all, but if I am on a bus and someone of that persuasion gets on with a rucksack or that sort of thing on their person, I get off....sorry, but I am taking NO chances, it's my life after all

Bin Laden doesn't wear a turban then???

Not one like that, he doesn't. A classic Pashtun headdress - sometimes called a Longee / Longhi - of the style worn by Bin Laden, looks like this:

lmcAfghan.gif

headshot%20man%20tan%20turban%202_std_std.jpg

It's essentially round, and nearly always has one piece hanging down.

A Sikh turban looks nothing like that. It's essentially tulip-shaped, and will never have any part hanging down:

photo-560365.jpg

800px-Sikh_wearing_turban.jpg

Can you tell the difference between a bowler hat and a top hat? I'd have thought you could. That being so, you ought to be able to tell the difference between an Afghan / Pashtun headdress, and a Sikh turban - they're really not very alike at all.

Don't let the terrorists scare you into thinking that everyone with brown skin and something on his head is a potential terrorist - that would be an awful way to live... frankly, if that's what you think, the islamists have sort of half won their battle.

Did you stop speaking to Irish people during the Troubles...?!

:thump:

Not one like that, he doesn't. A classic Pashtun headdress - sometimes called a Longee / Longhi - of the style worn by Bin Laden, looks like this:

lmcAfghan.gif

headshot%20man%20tan%20turban%202_std_std.jpg

It's essentially round, and nearly always has one piece hanging down.

A Sikh turban looks nothing like that. It's essentially tulip-shaped, and will never have any part hanging down:

photo-560365.jpg

800px-Sikh_wearing_turban.jpg

Can you tell the difference between a bowler hat and a top hat? I'd have thought you could. That being so, you ought to be able to tell the difference between an Afghan / Pashtun headdress, and a Sikh turban - they're really not very alike at all.

Don't let the terrorists scare you into thinking that everyone with brown skin and something on his head is a potential terrorist - that would be an awful way to live... frankly, if that's what you think, the islamists have sort of half won their battle.

Did you stop speaking to Irish people during the Troubles...?!

:thump:

I don't have the time for that sort of research...I just don't take any risks.

As for the Irish, 30 years ago my uncle had a MKII Cortina with an Irish plate...Every time he went out in it, he was avoided like the plague..all these things go in circles.

I think Amir Khan for instance is a great role model and a fantastic sportsman and would not be wary about walking past him or even stopping for a chat with him, but with a beard and and any certain type of head gear, I would cross the road or be very wary, not because I am racist, but with everything gone on, safety would be at the forefront of my mind...And as I don't carry a book around with me defining who is a peace loving Sikh and who is a bloody thirsty Muslim Extremist, I feel justified to do so.

My original comment was made as a tongue in cheek comment, and if people take it the wrong way, then so be it, it says more about them than me!

Back