• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

15 Points for Survival

Jasrod

In the West Stand ⭐
The highest points scored (under the 3 point system) and still get relegated is shared by two clubs. Ironically Southend and Peterborough who both got to 54 points and were still relegated. My opinion is that if both Kiernan and Lennon make a return within the next month and shore up our defence which is why we have not drawn instead of losing or won instead of drawing then we will hit this tally and we can look forward to next season with SCP bringing in some more players that he feels can push this club on.

Last edited by a moderator:
The highest points scored (under the 3 point system) and still get relegated is shared by two clubs. Ironically Southend and Peterborough who both got to 54 points and were still relegated. My opinion is that if both Kiernan and Lennon make a return within the next month and sures up our defence which is why we have not drawn instead of losing or won instead of drawing then we will hit this tally and we can look forward to next season with SCP bringing in some more players that he feels can push this club on.
Truthfully, I think it's too much to expect Kiernan and Lennon to carry that sort of responsibilty given their recent injuries. A slow introduction of one or both would be my preferred option.

Truthfully, I think it's too much to expect Kiernan and Lennon to carry that sort of responsibilty given their recent injuries. A slow introduction of one or both would be my preferred option.
Completely agree there just hope that their both on song end of March or April gives us a shout

Just need to beat the likes of Shrewsbury Wycombe Wimbledon at home those are must win games

Based on the season to date, we should win another 4-5 games, probably lose 6-7 games and draw another 1-2!

Kiernan needs at least 5 u23 games, he hasn’t played a game for a year and a half, needs match fitness

So
Kiernan needs at least 5 u23 games, he hasn’t played a game for a year and a half, needs match fitness
that should take us back end of March ease him in then clean sheets for the whole of April and get beat by Sunderland in May

Looking at the remaining fixtures it's going to be tight.

Our goal difference is worth another point. We’ve only lost 5 games by more than one goal -at top 6 Sunderland, Doncaster, Luton and Portsmouth and at Shrewsbury. With only 2 games against the top 6 left - home to Barnsley and Sunderland we should be OK from the other 11 games against teams who will also be lacking in confidence.

We will finish mid-table, not sure what all the fuss is about.

Interesting to hear that Blackpool (8 pts above us) could well,because of insolvency events, be deducted 12 points. And to find themselves 3 points off the bottom 4,instead of bidding for the play-offs,could well have a demoralising effect.

Interesting to hear that Blackpool (8 pts above us) could well,because of insolvency events, be deducted 12 points. And to find themselves 3 points off the bottom 4,instead of bidding for the play-offs,could well have a demoralising effect.

I think it'll probably have the opposite effect. Blackpool fans have been trying to drive Oyston out for ages.

Back