• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

15 Points for Survival

I personally don’t think it will be tight for us, to many s**t teams this year.

However we shouldn’t be looking over our shoulders and hoping for others to drop points.

All Powell needs to do is keep the team playing to the standards of the second half on Saturday and we will be fine! Easy right?

It's probably useful for me to list my predictions for our remaining fixtures. I say this because I am usually entirely wrong. Here goes:

Accrington AWAY Lose
Barnsley HOME Draw 1 pt
Blackpool AWAY Lose
Scunthorpe AWAY Draw 1 pt
AFC Wombles Home Win 3 pts
Posh AWAY Lose
Shrews HOME Win 3 pts
Fleetwood AWAY Lose
Wycombe HOME Win 3 pts
Walsall AWAY Lose
Burton HOME Draw 1 pt
Rochdale AWAY Lose
Sunderland HOME Draw 1 pt

Total 13 points from our remaining 13 matches. So will end the season on 53 points which should be more than enough to survive. I hope.

It's probably useful for me to list my predictions for our remaining fixtures. I say this because I am usually entirely wrong. Here goes:

Accrington AWAY Lose
Barnsley HOME Draw 1 pt
Blackpool AWAY Lose
Posh AWAY Lose
Shrews HOME Win 3 pts
Fleetwood AWAY Lose
Wycombe HOME Win 3 pts
Walsall AWAY Lose
Burton HOME Draw 1 pt
Rochdale AWAY Lose

Total 13 points from our remaining 13 matches. So will end the season on 53 points which should be more than enough to survive. I hope.

I think we'll win at least one of our away games, we've been as successful away as we have at home!

Interesting Pigott has got 2 goals tonight, which one of him Wordsworth or Pinnock will score against us..?

Accrington AWAY Lose
Barnsley HOME Draw 1 pt
Blackpool AWAY Lose
Posh AWAY Lose
Shrews HOME Win 3 pts
Fleetwood AWAY Lose
Wycombe HOME Win 3 pts
Walsall AWAY Lose
Burton HOME Draw 1 pt
Rochdale AWAY Lose

Current form suggests we can't win at home but you reckon we won't lose again. All about opinions I guess. I'd be delighted with the amount of points that would get us.

Wimbledon, Rochdale, Walsall, Oxford, Shrewsbury and Gillingham seem to be in the most trouble..... on current form.

Im confident we will be fine this season I think we will end up around 12-15th place in the table

I can see the match against scunny next month potentially being the first of the dead rubbers, both teams will be all but safe by that point so we may end up winning there

Thinking 50 points will probably be enough this season. Certainly not more than 52

I think thats a fair shout this year, its been getting tighter in recent years, although CP has targeted 54 points, I think you could well be right as 7 out of the last 10 years , 50 points has been enough

I think we'll need another 10. This has possibly been the worst standard of League One football ever (since its been known as League One I might add) so I don't think we'll need as many as previous years to be safe

Massive 6 pointer on Saturday

Interesting to hear that Blackpool (8 pts above us) could well,because of insolvency events, be deducted 12 points. And to find themselves 3 points off the bottom 4,instead of bidding for the play-offs,could well have a demoralising effect.
I will have thought they will absolutely fly now the shakkles are off

Accrington AWAY Draw 1
Barnsley HOME Win 3 (we're on telly)
Blackpool AWAY Lose
Scunthorpe AWAY Lose
AFC Wombles Home Win 3
Posh AWAY Lose
Shrews HOME Draw 1
Fleetwood AWAY Lose
Wycombe HOME Win 3
Walsall AWAY Lose
Burton HOME Win 3
Rochdale AWAY Lose
Sunderland HOME Lose

My predictions. 14 points. Squeaky bum time but should be enough.

Accrington AWAY Draw 1
Barnsley HOME Win 3 (we're on telly)
Blackpool AWAY Lose
Scunthorpe AWAY Lose
AFC Wombles Home Win 3
Posh AWAY Lose
Shrews HOME Draw 1
Fleetwood AWAY Lose
Wycombe HOME Win 3
Walsall AWAY Lose
Burton HOME Win 3
Rochdale AWAY Lose
Sunderland HOME Lose

My predictions. 14 points. Squeaky bum time but should be enough.

Do you really think we will lose all of our last 6 away game when so far we have lost 5 against top six sides and only 3 against the rest? I think we play better away from home - there’s less pressure and fear.

Also I expect Sunderland will be stuck in a play off spot for the last game and send a reserve side resting their first team for the play offs.

Back