• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

15 Points for Survival

It’s very difficult to predict results and say we’ll win that one and lose that one, football doesn’t work like that. We could easily beat Barnsley but lose against Wimbledon. I think one year we had on paper an easier run of home games at the end of the season (might’ve been the championship season) yet lost them all.

Looking at the current table I think 50 points will be enough to survive, we should comfortable achieve this.

Because it's four down I reckon we'll need 54 points. Think three teams will get below 50 points and the other will get 53.

Reckon we can surely get enough points, and reckon we’ll be safe by the time we play Burton...

Last game we’ll have nowt to play for and the blacks cats will be chasing 2nd spot, and I predict a Sunderland pitch invasion when they win. (Just saying like!)

Accrington AWAY - WIN
Barnsley HOME - DRAW
Blackpool AWAY - LOSS
Scunthorpe AWAY - LOSS
AFC Wombles HOME - WIN
Posh AWAY - LOSS
Shrews HOME - WIN
Fleetwood AWAY - LOSS
Wycombe HOME - WIN
Walsall AWAY - DRAW
Burton HOME - DRAW
Rochdale AWAY - WIN
Sunderland HOME - LOSS

17 points, and we roll on to next season...

The fact is that currently the bottom three are averaging a point a game (or less), and the fourth from bottom have only one more point than games played. Assuming their form stays the same or even improves slightly, they will probably do well to get 50 pts. Even if they do, a couple of the next four up the table (in 17th-20th places), could well only get a point a game from here on in, so in a roundabout way I am saying that 50 pts, and possibly as little as 48, could keep us up.

2 points out of a possible 15 in the last 5 games is relegation form. Lets be honest we have got to improve.

Yes you can look at it like that, but a lot of teams, fighting relegation, would have thought.
Last 3 games. Draw at Charlton, Loss at Doncaster, Draw against Portsmouth.
Not good but is that relegation form, and a few better players on the brink of a comeback!!

1 decent point gained yet a lot of the teams below picked up points too. We badly need a win from somewhere but I couldn't say where it's gonna come from to be honest.

Now Humphreys is injured it highlights the complete stupidity sending Theo out without replacement.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm worried about how our season is going to end.

[QUOTE="Ailsa Road Shrimper, post: 2118023, member: 707"]It’s very difficult to predict results and say we’ll win that one and lose that one, football doesn’t work like that. We could easily beat Barnsley but lose against Wimbledon. I think one year we had on paper an easier run of home games at the end of the season (might’ve been the championship season) yet lost them all.

Looking at the current table I think 50 points will be enough to survive, we should comfortable achieve this.[/QUOTE]

I refer the Honourable Gentlemen to the answer he gave some moments ago :Think:

Next three games are very tricky. I can see us really getting dragged into the relegation scrap. We needed to win yesterday.

1 decent point gained yet a lot of the teams below picked up points too. We badly need a win from somewhere but I couldn't say where it's gonna come from to be honest.

Now Humphreys is injured it highlights the complete stupidity sending Theo out without replacement.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm worried about how our season is going to end.

Who do you think made that decision and why.

A few surprises yesterday with Oxford Shrewsbury and Gillingham winning away and Bradford capitulating to 10 man Walsall....

An excellent win for Shrewsbury last night. Signing Tyrese Campbell on loan has really turned them around.

We need to hope Bristol R don't win that game in hand or it could be 5 points off the drop.

But it that before or after Humphreys' injury? I think having just one recognised striker up front is a big impact, especially if CP goes 1 upfront again.

But we had 2 upfront and 2 wingers against Portsmouth and were 3-0 down and then went to 1 upfront and scored 3 goals with possibly the best hour of football we’ve produced? Figure that out?

But we had 2 upfront and 2 wingers against Portsmouth and were 3-0 down and then went to 1 upfront and scored 3 goals with possibly the best hour of football we’ve produced? Figure that out?

True. But we've also been hammered when Coxy played uptop on his own.

It's probably useful for me to list my predictions for our remaining fixtures. I say this because I am usually entirely wrong. Here goes:

Accrington AWAY Lose
Barnsley HOME Draw 1 pt
Blackpool AWAY Lose
Scunthorpe AWAY Draw 1 pt
AFC Wombles Home Win 3 pts
Posh AWAY Lose
Shrews HOME Win 3 pts
Fleetwood AWAY Lose
Wycombe HOME Win 3 pts
Walsall AWAY Lose
Burton HOME Draw 1 pt
Rochdale AWAY Lose
Sunderland HOME Draw 1 pt

Total 13 points from our remaining 13 matches. So will end the season on 53 points which should be more than enough to survive. I hope.

Let's look on the bright side. I'm already one point ahead of my prediction. So far I have a 100% record for incorrect prediction.

Back