• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

15 Points for Survival

True....which kind of proves it’s more to do with performances than formations....

The performance of the opposition obviously helps. At 0-3 Portsmouth had thought they'd won and sat back. If they'd have gone for the jugular, I'm not sure we'd of had the same outcome. And you have to wonder if the players raise their game somewhat if they know they're on telly.

The performance of the opposition obviously helps. At 0-3 Portsmouth had thought they'd won and sat back. If they'd have gone for the jugular, I'm not sure we'd of had the same outcome. And you have to wonder if the players raise their game somewhat if they know they're on telly.

In terms of the Pompey game im sure this was partly the case....Along with :-

Nothing to lose
Jesus we need to do something about this
Let’s just go for it

??

We have to remember sometimes there are just so many variables...if you took the fact there are 22 players all with different mentalities different skill sets and different decision making abilities....add in nearly 1000 square yards of grass to do it in, varying weather and pitch conditions....all 22 players working with one ball moving at different speeds at different times in different areas of the pitch, all of which affect every decision each of the 22 players make....

Top it off by accepting they are just 22 human beings that sometimes aren’t in peak fitness, peak form, varying confidence levels, varying mentalities, with varying levels of commitment....

We really need to accept that in football it really isn’t as simple as play a certain formation against a team that are above/below us in the league = convincing win/loss

We really need to accept that in football it really isn’t as simple as play a certain formation against a team that are above/below us in the league = convincing win/loss

Good post Grapey. Now I know why I'm **** at Football Manager. :Smile:

Lincoln managed to achieve relegation from League 2 in 23rd place with 47 points after amassing 45 points from their first 35 games in 2010/11.

They had 42 points from 34 games, which is one more than we have now after 34 games.........

Lincoln managed to achieve relegation from League 2 in 23rd place with 47 points after amassing 45 points from their first 35 games in 2010/11.

They had 42 points from 34 games, which is one more than we have now after 34 games.........

That's a cheerful post........

The way the tables look at the moment, 48 should do it but we've only 3 points from the last 5 games. Eek!

If Coventry get chucked out the lge dose it become 3 to go down?

Also Blackpool could be due to a 12 point deduction from the efl for entering into receivership by the high court,... (currently they are on 48 points, if so that would put them back down on 36 points, just a single place outside the relegation zone on goal difference)...that could play into our hands for relegation survival also.

The locals have never forgiven Steve Tilson for that!

And we all know who that solitary win was against too!

I do think all the negativity on this board, and watching our beloved Southend.
Is misplaced. Looking at the League table it would take a almighty f*** up,
too go down.
Quest F.L. show, think and discussed we are too high up and the most important thing. Look how many teams are below us. Now this might come back to bite me, but I am very very confident. We will still be in League 1 next year.

Look at the squad we will have next season, granted most will have to stay fit.
Come on fellow Shrimpers. Chris even Uncle Ron and mostly the players have done wonders to keep us where we are, with the injury's. Come on let not moan or give abuse tomorrow.
Getting a Point at Charlton and Accrington and really Pompey at home were good results.
Come on Doom and Gloom people, lets get behind them tomorrow.
I would accept a draw tomorrow. Up the Super Blues, just think this is our level with how many players out injured.

I don't think it is negative to say that from our current position we could go down. It's reality. But, our current position also means we have a fair chance of staying up. The reality is that based on our current points tally, we could stay up or be relegated. The sooner we get to the point where the latter is impossible the better.

Last edited:
I think it's just as important to look at not just the points total, but how many teams are between us and the relegation places. We'd have to be in worse form than all of those teams between now and the end of the season (which is possible, but worth considering).

The way the league is shaping up with the top 7 or 8 being much better than the rest, the points total will be a lot lower I think to stay up.

I think another 2 wins will be enough really, and if we dont get that from our remaining 12 games we will derseve to go down.

The way the league is shaping up with the top 7 or 8 being much better than the rest, the points total will be a lot lower I think to stay up.

I think another 2 wins will be enough really, and if we dont get that from our remaining 12 games we will derseve to go down.

On league form over the last 6 games we could easily go down. Plenty of teams below us on form to finish above us.

Back