• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

15 Points for Survival

I think it's just as important to look at not just the points total, but how many teams are between us and the relegation places. We'd have to be in worse form than all of those teams between now and the end of the season (which is possible, but worth considering).

I don't. We could fall 5 places+ in 1 game week. We should be looking to get ourselves out of this mess, not hoping others fail.

I don't. We could fall 5 places+ in 1 game week. We should be looking to get ourselves out of this mess, not hoping others fail.

Completely agree with that post, the moment we have to start relying on other teams results in order to survive in this league, is never a good thing.

You'd think 6-1 away wins in the League were two a penny and so easily forgotten.
Scunthorpe’s a **** hole and I want to go home......

Never ever won a game at Glanford Park....who went to the 6-1 win last time we won at Scunthorpe in 1983!!!

Anyway onto tomorrow’s game and I Predict a Win!

I'm not saying we should rely on other teams dropping points at all. Just pointing out that you can't really just say we're X points off the relegation places and comparing to previous seasons without also considering how many other teams are between us.

Just 4 points separate us from position 21 and relegation now,Lose next week and we could possibly find ourselves in positon 20,doubtful but a possibility.We are in a relegation battle people and you better believe it.

Bristol Rovers, Shrews, Oxford and Plymouth are all in much better form than us. Only Rochdale and Bradford are in worse form. Our four points buffer may be our salvation BUT we must beat Wombles and Wycombe and at least draw with Burton and Shrews. I would like to thank Chris Powell and the god of football injuries for ensuring that this season remains of great interest right until the end.

Looking at the table, half of league one is in danger of the drop, which just shows how narrow the margins are between success and failure. Wycombe just two points above us are in a tailspin and must be getting worried as well. It is going to be a tense few weeks to the end of the season for most clubs, it seems you are either a play off contender or relegation candidate, no safe mid table positions.

It’s very close, points wise from us, downwards. Any club with the possible exception of Wimbledon can either go down or be safe. So it’s in our hands, hopefully we can scrape enough points to stay up, as with our home record, no team will be worried about coming here

I think 50 points With superior goal difference will be the safety mark.

Looking for any crumb of comfort, I noticed the startling difference between our games against the current top 10 (who are not in a relegation battle), and the remaining 13 (who are).

The difference is staggering. Against the top 10 we have played 16, won 1, drawn 2 and lost 13.
Against the bottom 13 we have played 19, won 11, drawn 3 and lost 5.
If we continued in this vein, our remaining 7 games against fellow strugglers would yield 13 points, whereas our 4 further games against top ten sides would glean only 1 point.

But 14 points in total would definitely leave us safe.

Looking for any crumb of comfort, I noticed the startling difference between our games against the current top 10 (who are not in a relegation battle), and the remaining 13 (who are).

The difference is staggering. Against the top 10 we have played 16, won 1, drawn 2 and lost 13.
If we continued in this vein, our remaining 7 games against fellow strugglers would yield 13 points, whereas our 4 further games against top ten sides would glean only 1 point.

I so hope this proves to be the case - thanks for the stats.

That's taking into account games in the first half of the season. On current form we will be handing out 3 points to all our relegation rivals. Plymouth and Bristol R style etc.

That's taking into account games in the first half of the season. On current form we will be handing out 3 points to all our relegation rivals. Plymouth and Bristol R style etc.
It works both ways if we use your argument. Of our meagre return against top ten sides, we got two-thirds of our positive results in our recent games against Charlton and Portsmouth.

20K a week - Ouch Ouch Ouch,
Although disappointed with how the season has gone , you certainly have to cut the club some slack with regards to those statistics.

Anyone know where we have left that magic sponge ?

Feels like the dark forces are working against us this year.

Keep the faith.

I just don't believe we have the 5th highest wage bill in the division or am I just a cynic ?

So we're paying more than Charlton! The club who blew us out of the water with Lyle Taylor's contract and have a good portion of players with recent championship experience. Bullsh*t.

Unless the club have direct access to every other clubs accountants there is no way of knowing who has what wage budget until every teams full financial reports are submitted next year.
The only sure thing will be Sunderland are top of the budget list and Accrington bottom.

It came from the commentators from sky at the game on Saturday. We are having to pay for about 8 players more than most teams.

Back