• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

15 Points for Survival

They won't wait to see if it's an important match they will be after the tickets as soon as they can.
There will be Sunderland fans in our home areas but maybe not as many as if they were a local well supported team.

If I read the official site correct only Season Ticket holders, shareholders and lottery members can actually only buy home tickets.

Got mine. There are (currently) plenty left but it is nearly two months away.

They won't wait to see if it's an important match they will be after the tickets as soon as they can.
There will be Sunderland fans in our home areas but maybe not as many as if they were a local well supported team.

If I read the official site correct only Season Ticket holders, shareholders and lottery members can actually only buy home tickets.

I see that what I meant was you will get Sunderland fans offering blues fans big money for tickets outside the ground if a lots at stake for them.

I know the club want to stop Sunderland fans buying tickets in home areas, but its a bit odd restricting sales to Season Ticket holders for a home game??

Why can't they sell them to non-season ticket holders that have previous purchase history?

Totally agree...they've done the same with the Burton game....and it's not as though they are famed for their away support....:Dizzy:

Sorry, RobM, probably was a bit vague....Southend season ticket holders can now purchase tickets for both the Burton and Sunderland games....in advance of general sale...and allocation to away fans

Up the Shrimpers is actually more on the ball than me...…."If I read the official site correct only Season Ticket holders, shareholders and lottery members can actually only buy home tickets."

So I'm maintaining my 100% incorrect predictions, as I predicted I would.

Wombles, Shrews and Wycombe are the vital matches for us.

It's probably useful for me to list my predictions for our remaining fixtures. I say this because I am usually entirely wrong. Here goes:

Accrington AWAY Lose
Barnsley HOME Draw 1 pt
Blackpool AWAY Lose
Scunthorpe AWAY Draw 1 pt
AFC Wombles Home Win 3 pts
Posh AWAY Lose
Shrews HOME Win 3 pts
Fleetwood AWAY Lose
Wycombe HOME Win 3 pts
Walsall AWAY Lose
Burton HOME Draw 1 pt
Rochdale AWAY Lose
Sunderland HOME Draw 1 pt

Total 13 points from our remaining 13 matches. So will end the season on 53 points which should be more than enough to survive. I hope.

In my opinion we are going to need at least 54 points to stay up. That means 4 wins from 8 games. On the last day of the season we have Sunderland and they will likely be chasing promotion. So effectively it's 4 wins from 7 games and next we are away to Peterborough!
We are in serious trouble here and at the moment I can't see where the 4 wins come from.
Sorry. :Sad:

I get what your saying and I’m not for a second denying we are in serious trouble....but with it being so tight at the bottom I think 4 wins is massively over egging it.... You also have to factor in how many wins upto 8/9 teams may get in those 8 games....I’d prefer to look at it that what we need to do actually is get 2 more points than any 4 of 9 teams.....and that will be plenty....

I genuinely think 2 wins and maybe a draw will be enough this season...can we do that...

Yes, with so many teams still involved points will be taken from each other - can't remember a time when it was this close for so many clubs.

I genuinely think 2 wins and maybe a draw will be enough this season...can we do that...

I think 2 wins and a draw is possible, but it will only bring us up to 49 points, which imo is not enough to keep us up most seasons, let alone this one..

For me, i think we could realistically at best can get 8 points and get to 50 points with 2 wins (Walsall & Rochdale) and 2 draws (Shrewsbury & Wycombe) and obviously lose the rest.....Which currently looking at the form of other teams in and around us, compared to ours, will also not be enough to survive........Yet we live in hope.

IE:

Peterborough (8th) --- Lose = (0 Pts)
Shrewsbury (18th) --- Draw = (1 Pts)
Fleetwood (10th) --- Lose = (0 Pts)
Wycombe (14th) --- Draw = (1 Pts)
Walsall - (21st) --- Win = (3 Pts)
Burton (11th) --- Lose = (0 Pts)
Rochdale (23rd) --- Win = (3 Pts)
Sunderland (3rd) ---Lose = (0 Pts)

Last edited:
Back