• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

15 Points for Survival

Law of averages says we'll win a home game between now and the end of the season.

52 would be a minimum I think. There are so many sides already on 40+ points that it's hard to see four sides all finishing below 52 points.

So, how is my prediction of 53 points by the end of the season going? I'm pleased to say that after five incorrect predictions I actually got today's result right. Unfortunately I predicted that we would lose.

Accrington AWAY Lose 1-1 1 pt
Barnsley HOME Draw 1 pt 0-3 0 pts
Blackpool AWAY Lose 2-2 1 pt
Scunthorpe AWAY Draw 1 pt 4-1 0 pts
AFC Wombles Home Win 3 pts 0-1 0 pts
Posh AWAY Lose 2-0 0 pts
Shrews HOME Win 3 pts
Fleetwood AWAY Lose
Wycombe HOME Win 3 pts
Walsall AWAY Lose
Burton HOME Draw 1 pt
Rochdale AWAY Lose
Sunderland HOME Draw 1 pt

My predicted total of 13 points from our remaining 13 matches has shrunk to 10 points giving us 50 points by the end of the season rather than the 53 which I thought would keep us up. Next game versus Shrews is a must win match, anything less will likely doom us to relegation.....

Personally, I think it will be a draw against Shrewsbury.

Despite losing to Portsmouth today, they have got some decent wins lately against Wycombe, Doncaster Rovers & Peterborough.

Considering we have only obtained 4 points from the last 11 matches (Max of 33 possible points), it's currently looking a bit of a stretch of the imagination to get 8 points from the last 7 matches (Max of 21 possible points).

However (as always) we live in hope.

Last edited:
The highest points scored (under the 3 point system) and still get relegated is shared by two clubs. Ironically Southend and Peterborough who both got to 54 points and were still relegated. My opinion is that if both Kiernan and Lennon make a return within the next month and shore up our defence which is why we have not drawn instead of losing or won instead of drawing then we will hit this tally and we can look forward to next season with SCP bringing in some more players that he feels can push this club on.

Well.

That's 2 points from the first 6 of those games so 13 needed from the next 6.

That will require 4 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat unless you want to count the Sunderland game.

Still confident?

Ironic that Wycombe could relegate us so no doubt they will be up for it.
but plenty of mins of footy yet

Fast forward to the Sunderland game. Reckon they will have a play off place guaranteed, & irrelevant of their result that day, it wont make a difference to their finishing position. So they will be 'saving themselves' for the play offs, & we will win that day.
Sadly on current form, I don't think it will make a difference to our season.

Back