• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

19 Months ago, we....

The Man Who Likes Prams

....were sitting 22nd in League Two, with only Darlington keeping us away from the 2nd relegation spot by one point. We beat Kiddie at home 3-0, to move up to 19th, got a glimpse of the new dawn in the 1-1 draw with Col Ewe in the LDV, but then on the 21st of February we lost 2-1 at the O's and dropped into that dreaded 23rd spot.

As I look at us now 6th in the League Two table,and back over 3 succesive wins (without Fred(d)y!) I find it hard to believe how far we have come in so short a time.

Thank you, Ron Martin, for turning this club around and appointing Steve Tilson, and Thank you, Tillie and Brush, for the best, most exciting and enjoyable 19 months since the heady days of Benji and "that" goal.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Man Who Likes Prams @ Sep. 12 2005,00:00)]As I look at us now 6th in the League Two table
Old habits die hard eh!.

I must admit I keep looking at the League Two table first out of sheer habit.

I could get used to this though!.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Sep. 12 2005,00:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Man Who Likes Prams @ Sep. 12 2005,00:00)]As I look at us now 6th in the League Two table
Old habits die hard eh!.

biggrin.gif
rock.gif
oops.gif
laugh.gif

See, I still can't quite believe it!

[b said:
[b said:
Old habits die hard eh!.

biggrin.gif
Dont we all, and then think.....

.........haha!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Sep. 12 2005,00:20)]
[b said:
[b said:
Old habits die hard eh!.

biggrin.gif
Dont we all, and then think.....

.........haha!!
i thought maybe it was only me that did this, you never know by the time i get used to looking at League 1 maybe we will be in the championship (We can only Dream)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Man Who Likes Prams @ Sep. 12 2005,00:00)]Thank you, Ron Martin, for turning this club around and appointing Steve Tilson, and Thank you, Tillie and Brush, for the best, most exciting and enjoyable 19 months since the heady days of Benji and "that" goal.
If you keep making comments like that you will have wiggy on here telling you what a muppet you are
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Man Who Likes Prams @ Sep. 12 2005,00:00)]Thank you, Ron Martin, for turning this club around and appointing Steve Tilson, and Thank you, Tillie and Brush, for the best, most exciting and enjoyable 19 months since the heady days of Benji and "that" goal.
Whenever anyone mentions Benji and "THAT" goal I get this urge to go and watch the 90/91 review tape - I'm scared that on the law of averages one of these days Benji will turn and miss the far post......
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

I never thought we would be doing this well. 8 games gone, 2 home wins and 2 wins away. And at Bradford of all places!! Haha, Come on you blues!

36 points till safety...
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Sep. 12 2005,09:41)]I never thought we would be doing this well. 8 games gone, 2 home wins and 2 wins away. And at Bradford of all places!! Haha, Come on you blues!

36 points till safety...
wink.gif
Safe in 12 games, thats not going to be exciting for long then
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Sep. 12 2005,09:29)]
[b said:
Whenever anyone mentions Benji and "THAT" goal I get this urge to go and watch the 90/91 review tape - I'm scared that on the law of averages one of these days Benji will turn and miss the far post......  
biggrin.gif

tounge.gif
I've only seen that goal once. I didn't go to the game because my finals started the next Monday.

Funny thing though, my dad, who had berated me all my life for putting anything, but especially football, before my studies tried to persuade me to go with him!

If you'd have told me we'd have fourteen points, be sitting nicely in 6th place in league 1 and not have been outclassed in eight games at this point last term I'd have laughed in your face. If you'd have told me that at he beginning of the season I'd have still had a little chuckle at you. But here we are - we're by no means safe yet but on current evidence we should ensure our survival in this league.

Well done Tilly and Brush - what a turnaround since you first arrived!
biggrin.gif

Back