• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane 1993/94 Highlights

Ottos career went down hill when he followed The Fat Judas to Birmingham .

Ottos career went down hill when he followed The Fat Judas to Birmingham .

In the northwest corner that day there was some chap with a big flag spelling JUDAS,
Dont suppose they would allow that these days, in case it upset someone.
Or it covered the advertising hoardings.

But what a day, one of the best.

Still remember that Fiorentina game. Flying from Southend to Pisa, my first experience of flying. Oddly, I didn't have a passport and didn't get my first one until 1995 so no idea how I got in and out of Italy

Tommy Mooney forgot his and had to ask his partner to rush it to the airport just before departure.

Still remember that Fiorentina game. Flying from Southend to Pisa, my first experience of flying. Oddly, I didn't have a passport and didn't get my first one until 1995 so no idea how I got in and out of Italy

They thought you were Silvio Berlusconi.

What memories!! I was only 9 and remember watching the games in the North Bank!!

But after watching this, I think I hate the Fat Judas even more now!!!!

I think the 1st half of that season was probably the best Southend have ever been, considering we were in the second tier as well. what could have been aye
Yeah going forward we were great. Couldn't bloody defend though. Guess that's also why Fry never made it to the highest level.

Back