• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Chalky

Coach
Its been confirmed we will be taking the 1st team to Canvey island on wednesday night for a friendly. Just wondered who is going and if any trialists play.

Date: Wednesday 22nd July, Kick off 7:45

Address: 1 Park Lane, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 7PX

Phone:01268 682991

Admission prices: 'Admission for our match against Phil Brown's Southend United on Wednesday 22 July has been set at our normal league prices of £10.00 Adults, £6.00 Concessions and £1.00 for Under 16's.'

(all information is from Canvey island official website)

Its been confirmed we will be taking the 1st team to Canvey island on wednesday night for a friendly. Just wondered who is going and if any trialists play.

Date: Wednesday 22nd July, Kick off 7:45

Address: 1 Park Lane, Canvey Island, Essex SS8 7PX

Phone:01268 682991

Admission prices: 'Admission for our match against Phil Brown's Southend United on Wednesday 22 July has been set at our normal league prices of £10.00 Adults, £6.00 Concessions and £1.00 for Under 16's.'

(all information is from Canvey island official website)

Would not **** on that club if it was on fire

Nasty club nasty fans

My mrs grew up on canvey, says it all really

I'd rather us be playing the better Canvey team.

Everything about Concord says "doing it properly" rather than Canvey's "we deserve it because Kingy put cash in 20 years ago.

I'd rather us be playing the better Canvey team.

Everything about Concord says "doing it properly" rather than Canvey's "we deserve it because Kingy put cash in 20 years ago.

Speaking of Concord - Ben Greenhalgh has ended up back there. Safe to say his career has stalled somewhat since his time at Inter.

Would not **** on that club if it was on fire

Nasty club nasty fans

My mrs grew up on canvey, says it all really

Totally agree with you there TB. Cannot stand them. Their fans are a pathetic bunch who deserve nothing but contempt. In the bad old days when they thought they would go flying through the Football League on the back of Jeff King's wads of cash, they actually thought they were a bigger club than Southend simply because they won the FA Trophy. King pulled his money out and look at them now. :thumbdown:

Not sure I want to go as I will really resent giving them a tenner.

Totally agree with you there TB. Cannot stand them. Their fans are a pathetic bunch who deserve nothing but contempt. In the bad old days when they thought they would go flying through the Football League on the back of Jeff King's wads of cash, they actually thought they were a bigger club than Southend simply because they won the FA Trophy. King pulled his money out and look at them now. :thumbdown:

Not sure I want to go as I will really resent giving them a tenner.

Concord Island that is all

All that was a long time ago. I don't think any of us were particularly fond of them during the Jeff King/Lee Boylan days but let's face it, that bubble was always going to burst and they've now got a different chairman/manager/players and probably even fans (those who hung on the coat-tails of that successful side I'd imagine have long gone now).

I think we should really be above holding grudges against a Ryman Premier League club.

All that was a long time ago. I don't think any of us were particularly fond of them during the Jeff King/Lee Boylan days but let's face it, that bubble was always going to burst and they've now got a different chairman/manager/players and probably even fans (those who hung on the coat-tails of that successful side I'd imagine have long gone now).

I think we should really be above holding grudges against a Ryman Premier League club.

Sorry jai with all due respect **** canvey x

Exactly, rise above it. CIFC have a decent set-up, reasonable bar and if I remember rightly from my visit there a few summers back, they serve a good pint of Guinness. This is local football and the club might be producing the next starlet for SUFC. This is a good chance to see our new first X1 at close quarters. I'll be there.

Back