• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2 murders by racist thugs !!!

few days ago was chatting to some guy and he spoke of the difference in media attention given to the stephen lawrence murder and the kris donald murder,must admit never heard of the donald case so had a look.

the differences are staggering,yet 1 case recieved massive media attention whilst the other appears to have been buried.

why was this??

You know I was talking to people in the Spread yesterday about you, and we've come to the realisation that you're the Wiggy of the pub.

Think you mean yesterday Paul, unless Dr Who influences are taking you over somehow!

You know I was talking to people in the Spread yesterday about you, and we've come to the realisation that you're the Wiggy of the pub.

glad to have featured in your conversation.must be doing something right.

from all the replies on this thread there have only been a couple who have stated what they think which pretty much sums up this country

Yes we're all screwed by immigrants who come in to rape our horses and steal our women and the country is going to hell in a hardcart (BROKEN BRITAIN!) and it's all the fault of this loony left wing government who have made us cower to the EU which is run by Germans (even though we beat them two wars) and all our kids will be speaking Polish and praying to Allah and Christmas is now Winterval and every child under five HAS to wear Burkhas............. :zzzzz:

Yes we're all screwed by immigrants who come in to rape our horses and steal our women and the country is going to hell in a hardcart (BROKEN BRITAIN!) and it's all the fault of this loony left wing government who have made us cower to the EU which is run by Germans (even though we beat them two wars) and all our kids will be speaking Polish and praying to Allah and Christmas is now Winterval and every child under five HAS to wear Burkhas............. :zzzzz:

possibly your finest post.....................well said that man

Well, you have seen into the future!!

MK,

at long last you admit your true feeling and very powerful too.

i applaud your honesty

the debate regarding race is powerful and is one if not the major topic of conversation in pub/clubs and most places,either for or against.

Bloody hell, I'm glad I don't frequent your pubs!

For me, topic of conversation is either sports related, women related, sports women related (see a theme here?) or just banter and taking the P outa eachother.

Bloody hell, I'm glad I don't frequent your pubs!

For me, topic of conversation is either sports related, women related, sports women related (see a theme here?) or just banter and taking the P outa eachother.

yea, but you dont have a pub near you called 'The Sir Alf Garnett'

I really dont know why i feel the need to reply to this rather pointless and stirring topic, but since its late amd i feel like an exercise in rhetoric before bed, i shall lend you my two cents. But i want them back.

Firstly you original post is, i assume, referring to the topic of race and why a black boy murdered by white men receives more attention than the reversed scenario. The simple reason is, this is the way the Media works. However, at the same time by using this example as a way of preaching the idea left wing writers are dominating the papers, you leave yourself extremly exposed.

I agree that a black murdered by a white will always receive more attention. However, at the same time, a 'foreign' legal immigrant who commits benefit fraud will also receive more media attention than an English born white person who participates in the same act. Similarly, the media glare will always focus on the 'progression' of foreign or english born black groups/youth and will always stick their oar in when problems arise. In comparison, the white groups who again commit the same acts will never be questioned nor thrown to the literary lions.

I mean really, do you really believe what you say graysblue? Surely there comes a point one night, when after a hard days work and a few drinks at your local you sit down in a chair and just reflect on how fundamentally flawed your arguments are and how childish these mild attempts to stir up dated debate are? If not, then i suggest you attend talks or lectures other than the local inhabitants of your regular pub. After hearing a few talks - from both sides of both argument - by people who properly research this topic and dont just recite what they read in the dail tabloids then i assure you your opinion will be changed and this meaningless question answered.

I really dont know why i feel the need to reply to this rather pointless and stirring topic, but since its late amd i feel like an exercise in rhetoric before bed, i shall lend you my two cents. But i want them back.

Firstly you original post is, i assume, referring to the topic of race and why a black boy murdered by white men receives more attention than the reversed scenario. The simple reason is, this is the way the Media works. However, at the same time by using this example as a way of preaching the idea left wing writers are dominating the papers, you leave yourself extremly exposed.

I agree that a black murdered by a white will always receive more attention. However, at the same time, a 'foreign' legal immigrant who commits benefit fraud will also receive more media attention than an English born white person who participates in the same act. Similarly, the media glare will always focus on the 'progression' of foreign or english born black groups/youth and will always stick their oar in when problems arise. In comparison, the white groups who again commit the same acts will never be questioned nor thrown to the literary lions.

I mean really, do you really believe what you say graysblue? Surely there comes a point one night, when after a hard days work and a few drinks at your local you sit down in a chair and just reflect on how fundamentally flawed your arguments are and how childish these mild attempts to stir up dated debate are? If not, then i suggest you attend talks or lectures other than the local inhabitants of your regular pub. After hearing a few talks - from both sides of both argument - by people who properly research this topic and dont just recite what they read in the dail tabloids then i assure you your opinion will be changed and this meaningless question answered.

interesting comments

the kris donald case was truly shockingly disturbing where 5 adult males stabbed the terrified schoolboy 13 times then doused him in petrol and burnt the poor kid alive,taking also into account this young boy was snatched off the streets and driven around for 2 hours whilst the 5 men tried to find somewhere to commit their foul crime.

are you saying this case did not deserve the media coverage which for whatever reason the media had little interest with the BBC only mentioning it 3 times.

for me this case deserved the same media attention as the stephen lawrence case ,as both crimes were vile and unprovoked.

are you saying this case did not deserve the media coverage

no, I think you'll find he's saying that it did not receive the media attention. At no point do I see anything to suggest that TDDs believes the lack of coverage justified.

Maybe before getting on your high horse, you should learn to read? You managed to fail to understand my posts, and now it seems you're at it again. Are you like this with your newspaper? Do you just look at the picture, or only pick out a few words and make the rest up?

no, I think you'll find he's saying that it did not receive the media attention. At no point do I see anything to suggest that TDDs believes the lack of coverage justified.

Maybe before getting on your high horse, you should learn to read? You managed to fail to understand my posts, and now it seems you're at it again. Are you like this with your newspaper? Do you just look at the picture, or only pick out a few words and make the rest up?

i read the comments with interest,the whole point of this thread was to illustrate how britain treats people in different ways.

in response that i have failed to read your posts correctly,you have not replied with anything meaningful,indeed you appear to have skirted around issues without giving you view.

is it not the truth that the majority of replies have ducked the question prefering to have a little pop at myself,in addition some of you dismiss most media reporting yet offer little explanation to which source you believe in telling the truth.

here is your chance,what exactly is your view??

"few days ago was chatting to some guy and he spoke of the difference in media attention given to the stephen lawrence murder and the kris donald murder,must admit never heard of the donald case so had a look.

the differences are staggering,yet 1 case recieved massive media attention whilst the other appears to have been buried.

why was this??"

My comments , purely on the original post, are .
1) the media coverage for a Murder in the south will be different in the south to the North. I wonder what the perception of media coverage of the two cases was like in Scotland.

2) One case never got to court despite compelling evidence , had undercurrents of police incompetence and corruption and has been kept of the media "radar" by the subsequent behaviour of the original accused. Whilst the other case was a fairly straight forward, Charged, Trial , Found Guility, Imprisoned (albeit being complicated by suspects fleeing abroad , extradition problems etc)

3) One case is still technically unsolved and therefore should still be of a fairly high profile, whilst the other is solved.

(Cue comments about it not working that way because of something seen on New Tricks)

4) One case was at trial (despite extradition problems with in 3 1/2 years) the other one had only got to a a private prosecution by that stage and has never been taken up by the CPS (as opposed to the procurator fiscal in Scotland before anyone picks me up on there not being a CPS in Scotland)

True the differences are staggering, mainly in the outcome .... but also in that I doubt that the defendants in the Donald Case had wealthy drug dealing (alegedly) Parents capable of corrupting the police investigation .

"few days ago was chatting to some guy and he spoke of the difference in media attention given to the stephen lawrence murder and the kris donald murder,must admit never heard of the donald case so had a look.

why was this??"

My comments , purely on the original post, are .
1) the media coverage for a Murder in the south will be different in the south to the North. I wonder what the perception of media coverage of the two cases was like in Scotland.

2) One case never got to court despite compelling evidence , had undercurrents of police incompetence and corruption and has been kept of the media "radar" by the subsequent behaviour of the original accused. Whilst the other case was a fairly straight forward, Charged, Trial , Found Guility, Imprisoned (albeit being complicated by suspects fleeing abroad , extradition problems etc)

3) One case is still technically unsolved and therefore should still be of a fairly high profile, whilst the other is solved.

(Cue comments about it not working that way because of something seen on New Tricks)

4) One case was at trial (despite extradition problems with in 3 1/2 years) the other one had only got to a a private prosecution by that stage and has never been taken up by the CPS (as opposed to the procurator fiscal in Scotland before anyone picks me up on there not being a CPS in Scotland)

True the differences are staggering, mainly in the outcome .... but also in that I doubt that the defendants in the Donald Case had wealthy drug dealing (alegedly) Parents capable of corrupting the police investigation .

very good reply,

thats the type of response which feeds debate and to a point answers questions.

if others please note that firestorms response explains many things without resorting to personal jibe ect.

my only gripe is that firestorm presumes aspects which as far as i know have never been proved.

Back