• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

20 Year Season ticket

Without resorting to a poll......

Leeds United have implemented a 20 year season ticket scheme, where based on todays prices x 20 years you can buy your season ticket.
With conditions that you could change your seat each year if you wanted,
That the ticket could be transferrable should you decide to sell it etc.
(That the ticket would be insured against bankruptcy?...my idea not Leeds)
Would people here consider it?
£3000 for 20 years? perhaps with a two year interest free loan?

Or what would sway you realistically, into purchasing a 20 year leasehold on your seat?

Heres the Link from Leeds;-Click Here

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 30 2004,11:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ June 30 2004,11:10)]If they could guarantee a hot pasty would be available for my purchase and consumption.
No chance.
I know. I have only seen pasties at the match once. I had one and it was very special.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ June 30 2004,11:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 30 2004,11:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ June 30 2004,11:10)]If they could guarantee a hot pasty would be available for my purchase and consumption.
No chance.
I know. I have only seen pasties at the match once. I had one and it was very special.
You must be very proud.

It's a good business practise, though- if a business can guarantee x many people coming to games over a 20-year period, they can get more investment, favourable loans, etc, as well as sell it to sponsors etc based on number of regular people and their tastes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 30 2004,11:17)]It's a good business practise, though- if a business can guarantee x many people coming to games over a 20-year period, they can get more investment, favourable loans, etc, as well as sell it to sponsors etc based on number of regular people and their tastes.
It sounds like an act of desparation to me.

I'd never buy a 20 year season ticket for Leeds United. I don't even like them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 30 2004,11:17)]It's a good business practise, though- if a business can guarantee x many people coming to games over a 20-year period, they can get more investment, favourable loans, etc, as well as sell it to sponsors etc based on number of regular people and their tastes.
I'd disagree Naps... it's incredibly short sighted from a cash-flow point of view. They are basically depriving themselves of several years worth of income because of the crippling debt they have.

Also what guarantees have they that Leeds will still be around in 20 years?

Desperate measures indeed...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ June 30 2004,12:05)]
[b said:
I'd disagree Naps... it's incredibly short sighted from a cash-flow point of view.  They are basically depriving themselves of several years worth of income because of the crippling debt they have.

Also what guarantees have they that Leeds will still be around in 20 years?

Desperate measures indeed...
Ah, good point.

You'll find its not just leeds.

I believe Crystal Palace do a premiership club which i believe is either 10-20 years.

Alot of clubs do the 5-20 year STHs as it helps with cash flow.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ June 30 2004,16:35)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 30 2004,16:31)]Alot of clubs do the 5-20 year STHs as it helps with cash flow.
as pointed out above, it doesn't.
Yes it does, it gives the X club a lump sum of say £3000 rather than £250 thats quite a difference. Yes in the long term you could well be losing out on much more but if the club is on the virge of Admin or struggling to pay the players wages it provides them with a substancial sum.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 30 2004,16:50)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 30 2004,16:31)]Alot of clubs do the 5-20 year STHs as it helps with cash flow.
Yes it does, it gives the X club a lump sum of say £3000 rather than £250 thats quite a difference. Yes in the long term you could well be losing out on much more but if the club is on the virge of Admin or struggling to pay the players wages it provides them with a substancial sum.
I suggest you learn about cash-flow before posting again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 30 2004,17:50)]
[b said:
[b said:
And as you pointed out, could create more problems in the future.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 30 2004,16:55)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 30 2004,17:50)]
[b said:
[b said:
And as you pointed out, could create more problems in the future.
Who knows ?

No Naps it improves cash flow over a given amount of time. In the long term who knows. the club may not be around as you say, a rich investor may come in, promotion. Who knows but it gives you a sum to help cash flow over a given amount of time say the summer.

But if you have say 50 people take up that offer thats say £150,000 that may be needed or the club go into administration.

It provides an immediate cash injection (okay for a last resort) but it restrains cash flow and potential profits from a very important source of revenue later on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ June 30 2004,16:57)]No Naps it improves cash flow over a given amount of time. In the long term who knows.

cash flow means cash flowing through the company over a number of years, like a river (hence "flow"). By asking for all the money upfront, that money won't be available next year, it will be sucked up into investment/debt reduction the year it comes in. Therefore income is skewed and cash flow is restricted. So, it doesn't improve cash flow, it distorts it, and people would think you are doing better than you are.

Here endedth the cash flow lesson.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ June 30 2004,17:01)]It provides an immediate cash injection (okay for a last resort) but it restrains cash flow and potential profits from a very important source of revenue later on.
Thank you. Thought I was going mad.

Back