• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2005/06 League 1 odds

Mr Wooly

Members
Bit premature, but...

From Skybet,

Notts Forest 4/1
Gillingham 8/1
Tranmere 8/1
Bristol City 9/1
Brentford 12/1
Huddersfield 12/1
Rotherham 14/1
Barnsley 16/1
Hartlepool 16/1
Bradford 20/1
Swindon 20/1
Walsall 20/1
Yeovil 20/1
Bournemouth 25/1
Doncaster 25/1
Oldham 33/1
Southend 33/1
Swansea 33/1
Scunthorpe 40/1
Blackpool 50/1
C********r 50/1
Milton Keynes 50/1
Port Vale 50/1
Chesterfield 66/1

Forest were always going to be favourites but personally i don't think they will be as good as everyone seem to think, anyone remember Man City when they sunk to League one level?

Also i wouldn't put Gillingham 2nd favourites, most of their players have been trying to jump ship since they got relegated and they have some major financial problems, i'd be very surprised if they made the top 6.

Nice to see the scum are among the faves for the drop.

So the bookies expect us to finish 17th. A bit pessamistic if you ask me. With 3 or 4 decent signings, a bit of luck (with injuries etc), I think a higher finish is obtainable although personally I'd be happy with 17th as long as we keep on progressing.

Interesting to see us the same as the Swans with all the money they seem to want to flash about, their new stadium and 8,000 season ticket sales...

and not in the bottom 4?, that's nice
smile.gif

Whilst we aren't favourites to be up there, the pressure is OFF us and Tilson can be having a laugh, just like he did this season!!! 33/1 looks familiar... were those our odds for promotion last year?

wow.gif

my dad had £10 on us Each Way at 33/1 so he was chuffed on Saturday.

Surprised MK Dons are 50/1, with Danny Wilson in charge for a full season I reckon they'll be a lot better next season. Some of these odds will change by August once everyones had a bit of transfer activity.

Remember we were 33/1 to win League Two this year! If we have as good a season as we did this year there will be quite a few happy bunnies in Southend!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ May 30 2005,09:10)]my dad had £10 on us Each Way at 33/1 so he was chuffed on Saturday.
Did he definitely get a pay-out?

Most firms only pay on the first three places, so most e/w way bets (including mine with William Hill) on Southend for 2004/05 would have been losers.

Bet Direct and Stan James pay out on the first four though, maybe he bet with them and if so, fair play!

It's probably also worth mentioning, before people get too keen, that promotion odds aren't necessarily an indicator of relegation odds.

At this early stage, the bookmakers are looking out for potential squad almost as much as current squad and by cutting the promoted teams' odds somewhat, they cover themselves (e.g. cutting our promotion odds from, say 50/1 to 33/1) against good summer transfers. Also, the three promoted teams are unknown quantities in that league and MAY set it alight.

On the same logic, we will probably be closer favourites to relegation than the above chart implies. C********r, for example, are implied by that to be one of the relegated four.

In reality, their relegation odds will be longer than the promotion odds would suggest because they've been consistently mid-table for some time. In contrast, there's nothing to indicate whether we'll stay up or not so I expect the bookies will be slightly coy about us there and knock our odds down for relegation (e.g. from 10/1 to 8/1, for instance).

Same on Betfair currently (50/1). If anyone's going to bet on us. Now could be the time!

Yes, higher odds than the Col U scum!! I personally think we will do suprisingly well next season, maybe not promotion but a top 10 finish, and hopefully yet another LDV Final appearance!

Back