• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2008 Eurovision Song Contest

KrustyTheKray

President
Russia's entry is produced none other by Timbaland. Heard it for the first time tonight and will take all the beating IMHO.

Get on @ 11/4 with bet365.

It should be called the political favourtism contest. The same countries every year award top rack of 12 points to the same countries every year, no matter what shower of sh*te they come out with. Some countries could put Bin Laden on stage with a bomb strapped to him and they would still get their yearly top points from the countries that are their "mates". Its pathetic.

It should be called the political favourtism contest. The same countries every year award top rack of 12 points to the same countries every year, no matter what shower of sh*te they come out with. Some countries could put Bin Laden on stage with a bomb strapped to him and they would still get their yearly top points from the countries that are their "mates". Its pathetic.

Singing Boom Bang-a-Bang presumably?

One of my mates just sent me this regarding Eurovision...

-------------
Georgia are 80/1 (Victor Chandler) the singer is blind and is singing a song about peace, she had her eye blown out in a war, the song is decent.

I think its hard to bet on due to the fact its so unfairly judged.

When a bunch of blokes dressed up as monsters can win it then anyone can. Except us because everyone hates us.

lordi.jpg

These guys you mean? Jesus that song sucked what annoyed me even more was the fact they kept being described as death metal!! :headbang:

I think the whole competition is complete tosh and its all political. It should be scrapped with immediate notice.

Nahh...It's always been a bit of lightweight cheese and fluff, just a bit of fun and chance to laugh at Europe's attempt at pop music ('cos lord knows they can't do it with noteable exceptions...

Long may it run, and long may Mr Wogan take the pee out of those other countries who take it as serious as a league one playoff semi final :D

Nahh...It's always been a bit of lightweight cheese and fluff, just a bit of fun and chance to laugh at Europe's attempt at pop music ('cos lord knows they can't do it with noteable exceptions...

Long may it run, and long may Mr Wogan take the pee out of those other countries who take it as serious as a league one playoff semi final :D

Funniest thing Ive heard on it was a comment made by Wogan when we actually won with Katrina and the Waves - Love shine a light (I actually bought that single I am now very ashamed to say). Whoever wins it then has to host it the next year. When the final points came in he was in a right strop "brilliant there goes the budget next year now". He moaned continuously for about 10 minutes!

Ha - no wonder you like it after the footage of the SZ BBQ.

I can imgaine you making a night of it and inviting round all your friends and family and having a "come dressed as a country" theme. With you jumping and dancing in front of the TV with your jelly arms while the Germans are belting out some cringeworthy non translation-able tune.

Back