• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think freezing the season ticket prices, whilst seen by many as a good thing, is the least the club could do considering the indifferent season we have had - any increase, and that could drastically reduce the number sold this summer.

That said, I think the club could have gone further - If you look at the likes of Bradford, Huddersfield and Port Vale - they have all slashed season ticket prices recently, and look at the effect on their average attendances 0 they have gone through the roof, Bradford and Huddersfield especially.

Ini times of economic hardship, and a lot of people concerned about their job, a gesture by the club to slash the prices for next season could pay dividends both in terms of money being brought in, and by increasing the fan base.

I feel, despite the freezing of the prices, the amount of season cards being sold will fall in the summer - the recession and the lack of progress being made by the team will undoubtedly play a part on many peoples decisions, but to slash them like the aforementioned clubs, and we could see a returj to 8/9,000 each week.

Well happy can pay over 1o months now, plus being a member of the lottery offsets the setup charge and gets me a tenner off!

Yep, well played SUFC. You cant grumble at that.
You reckon? Just wait....

I think freezing the season ticket prices, whilst seen by many as a good thing, is the least the club could do considering the indifferent season we have had - any increase, and that could drastically reduce the number sold this summer.

That said, I think the club could have gone further - If you look at the likes of Bradford, Huddersfield and Port Vale - they have all slashed season ticket prices recently, and look at the effect on their average attendances 0 they have gone through the roof, Bradford and Huddersfield especially.

Ini times of economic hardship, and a lot of people concerned about their job, a gesture by the club to slash the prices for next season could pay dividends both in terms of money being brought in, and by increasing the fan base.

I feel, despite the freezing of the prices, the amount of season cards being sold will fall in the summer - the recession and the lack of progress being made by the team will undoubtedly play a part on many peoples decisions, but to slash them like the aforementioned clubs, and we could see a returj to 8/9,000 each week.

And bingo! Thanks, RC! :cool:

:net: :whistling:

I assume as i have an NUS card all would be fine and dandy, since surely its the point of purchase that would count?

Dave,
I purchased a student ticket about 3 years ago, as at that time I was studying for my degree and I was 40+. They only asked me for my NUS card.
Sad to say now I have to pay the full price.

Season ticket query

Does the early purchase discount apply if you elect to pay in 10 instalments?

Grumble, or perhaps a suggestion that coud benefit both the club and its supporters financially?.... Hmmmm, or, maybe, because I suggested it, just a whinge?

I expected better from you.

You cannot be serious!

And don't forget the fishing smiley at the bottom, R_C....

:cool:

How would it benefit the club financially though?

Huddersfield have a multi-million pound backer, and can afford to offer them cheap. That's rule that one out of the equation straight away.

Bradford's attendance were plummeting to record low levels (for them). I'm entirely not sure on their average attendances, however I believe they had dipped to around 6-7,000 before. Offering cheap season tickets increased their average crowds to nearly 13-14,000. Their stadium holds 25,000+. They have the capacity to offer half price tickets, and if they get double the uptake then bonus. It works perfectly for them.

I'm not sure how SUFC could possibly benefit from offering half price season tickets though. Our average crowd is already 7,800 ish and our capacity is 11,000 odd (despite 12,000+ quotes always being mentioned). We could not possibly sell double our season ticket numbers to make up the financial shortfall because we do not have the stadium capacity to do it.

Maybe I'm missing something in your masterplan, however happy & interested to know how you believe it would benefit the club financially.

Bradford's attendance were plummeting to record low levels (for them). I'm entirely not sure on their average attendances, however I believe they had dipped to around 6-7,000 before. Offering cheap season tickets increased their average crowds to nearly 13-14,000. Their stadium holds 25,000+. They have the capacity to offer half price tickets, and if they get double the uptake then bonus. It works perfectly for them.

I'm not sure where you get that from, Bradford are still averaging over 12,000 and there has been absolutely no drop off in their attendacnes what so ever...... In fact, Bradford haven't averaged that kind of attendance since they were in the Championship, and then only when they were near the top!! I think you may be confusing them with someone else?

As for how would it benefit us? Well the shortfall in the amount of money being charged would inevitably be made up by the additional number of people through the turnstiles.

Add tothat the additional revenue being brought in in terms of merchandise, programmes, food and so on, it will almost certainly mean increased money for the club - and even if it didn't, then surely having extra people supporting the team, as many advocate on here as having an effect on our performances, would only serve the us well?

If it didn't have any benefits, then other clubs would not take such measures.

You cannot be serious!

And don't forget the fishing smiley at the bottom, R_C....

:cool:

No, not serious...... But thought I might get more of a bite if I left the smiley face icons out of the message :)

If I don't get a reply from you at least once a week to one of my posts, I start to get withdrawal symptoms! Clearly, I need my A_C_U fix!

I'm not sure where you get that from, Bradford are still averaging over 12,000 and there has been absolutely no drop off in their attendacnes what so ever...... In fact, Bradford haven't averaged that kind of attendance since they were in the Championship, and then only when they were near the top!! I think you may be confusing them with someone else?
Maybe my wording was not very clear. Bradford's attendances are averaging 13,000 this season. That's because they offered cheap season tickets in May 2007 !

I'm led to believe that their average attendance last season was far far lower. (When they were not offering cheap season tickets.)

As for how would it benefit us? Well the shortfall in the amount of money being charged would inevitably be made up by the additional number of people through the turnstiles.

Add tothat the additional revenue being brought in in terms of merchandise, programmes, food and so on, it will almost certainly mean increased money for the club - and even if it didn't, then surely having extra people supporting the team, as many advocate on here as having an effect on our performances, would only serve the us well?
This makes no sense to me. If we are averaging 8,000 now, then if we offered half price tickets, even taking in a bit of additional merchandise (I'll ignore additional policing, stewarding, staff costs of a crowd double the size), we would still need to sell roughly 15,000 for it to be a financially viable option. Last time I looked, Roots Hall couldn't hold that capacity.

And sorry, fans don't win matches, players do. Good atmosphere's help, however they don't put the ball in the net. And in fact, based on performances this season the boo's would be even louder.

If it didn't have any benefits, then other clubs would not take such measures.
Other clubs are not taking such measures. You've mentioned Huddersfield & Bradford. Huddersfield is not even worth talking about as they have a multi-million bankrolling them, and Bradford's attendance's substantially increased allowing them to keep it a financially viable decision.

If 20 clubs had made the same move, I could actually understand where you're coming from. But 98% of football league clubs clearly disagree with you.

Back