• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm glad to see the Rays forced a game 5 against the Rangers. If they get eliminated I'm sure I'll lose all interest in the playoffs as my favorite AL team, the Twins, have already been eliminated. Do you think Price will be able to best Lee this time around Rusty?

The Rays handled Lee pretty well during the regular season and now that their bats seem to have come alive, they should be able to make more of an impression than they did in Game 1. That said, their two wins have come against right handed starters who they chased relatively early to get to the Rangers' somewhat overrated bullpen. If Lee pitches another gem, David has to match him, and go at least seven innings before tossing the ball to Benoit. I'm quietly confident, particularly as all the momentum is with the Rays now. If they do advance, I think Joe has to go with the three man rotation against New York - I really don't like the thought of Shields pitching in that hitters' paradise in the Bronx.

Edit: Erm, no. Price won't be able to best Lee this time round. Goddamn it! I'm rooting for ex-Ray Aubrey Huff and the Giants now.

Last edited:
Texas 3 games to 1 up on the Yankees :hilarious:

Giants 2 to 1 up on Phillies :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, Cubbies have made their minds up pretty quick and made Mike Quade their fulltime manager. Quade led the Cubs to a 24-13 record following Lou Piniella's retirement, as interim manager. A pretty big improvement on how we'd been fairing before that, but the pressure was off Quade & the team by then so we'll have to see how he manages over an entire season. Ryne Sandberg had been favourite for the post amongst Cubs fans and will now leave the organization - he managed Cubs Triple-A side Iowa, another late rumour had been that Yankees manager Joe Girardi would jump ship to Wrigley Field (although it's seems he may just have been using this a leverage to get a new contract at NY). Personally I'm pretty pleased Quade got the job, passed his on-the-job interview with flying colours.

Back