• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Thought it would be interesting to see where we stand for next season contracts wise.

GK:
Evans 2011
Morris 2011

RB:
Clohessy 2012
Comminges 2011

LB:
Gilbert 2012
Herd 2011

CB:
Mohsni 2012
Barker 2012
Phillips 2012

Coughlan 2011
Prosser 2011

CM:
Anthony Grant 2012
Craig Easton 2011
Kane Ferdinand 2013
Lee Sawyer 2011 but option for 2012
Adam Bouzid 2011

W:
Ryan Hall 2013
Louis Soares 2011

F:
Barry Corr 2012
Blair Sturrock 2011
Harry Crawford 2012
Matt Paterson 2012

Blimey, we're actually in pretty good shape for next season. I thought we'd only have about 4 players contracted. With Sturrock in charge you've got to fancy Easton and Sturrock Jr staying on (possibly Coughlan as coach) as well.

Paterson and maybe Phillips will be the only two under contract we'd be keen to move on, whilst we can also say goodbye to the likes of Herd, Bouzid and Soares.

Last edited:
I have a feeling most of these will be decided if we are in league 1 or 2

League 1 and the likes of Soares, Bouzid, herd and prosser are more likely to go

League 2 and the likes of grant, hall, moshni and Ferdinand will be moving on

would like to get a few tied up for next season in the next few months but time will tell

Why would we want Sturrock Jnr to stay on?

Err, because all season we've looked a better side when he's been in the team.

He brings movement, vision and footballing intelligence to a side otherwise sorely lacking it.

If we get promoted and that is a huge IF ..More will cause us problems being under contract still than those that are not as I only see about 4 players that will be any good in League 1 under contract in your list.

Those being Grant,Barker,Mohsni and Sawyer if we extent his contract.

If we get promoted and that is a huge IF ..More will cause us problems being under contract still than those that are not as I only see about 4 players that will be any good in League 1 under contract in your list.

Those being Grant,Barker,Mohsni and Sawyer if we extent his contract.

What a pessimistic list! Hall, Clohessy and Easton are better than many, many players I've seen in league 1.

What a pessimistic list! Hall, Clohessy and Easton are better than many, many players I've seen in league 1.

Hall for sure but he wasn't on the contract list....IMO Clohessy is no way League 1 standard although he is still young and may get better...Easton maybe at a push.

Easton, Hall, Coughlan, Sturrock and Prosser for me, plus the GKs. Personally I prefer Evans to Morris although I realise there will be many that don't, so unless someone else becomes available then we need one or t'other. I reckon Coughlan is an important player, combining dual roles and still think Prosser has a lot to offer if he's given the chance. He and Phillips looked most formidable in the earliest part of the season. I was very impressed with Comminges on Tuesday too so there's not actually that many I'd want to leave.

I will be interested to see what happens to the likes of Gilbert, Phillips, Crawford and Paterson if we do get promoted - all players automatically receive a 25% increase in wages on promotion - so I would imagine they would all stay for next season - if for nothing else then to pick up their allegedly inflated wage packets!

I wonder if either keeper will stay. Didn't Sturrock try to get Flavs back here before taking Morris & Evans on?

So what would you do?

Here are my views.

GK:
Evans 2011 - Release
Morris 2011 - 1yr extension, 2nd choice.

RB:
Clohessy 2012 - 1yr extension
Comminges 2011 - Release

LB:
Gilbert 2012 - Keep as 2nd choice LB
Herd 2011 - Release

CB:
Mohsni 2012 - 1yr extension
Barker 2012 - 1 yr extension
Phillips 2012 - Release
Coughlan 2011 - Coaching role?
Prosser 2011 - 1yr extension

CM:
Anthony Grant 2012 - Keep, Sell if bid high enough
Craig Easton 2011 - 1yr extension
Kane Ferdinand 2013 - Keep
Lee Sawyer 2011 but option for 2012 - 1yr extension
Adam Bouzid 2011 - Release

W:
Ryan Hall 2011 - 1yr extension, option of 2nd year.
Louis Soares 2011 - Release

F:
Barry Corr 2012 - 1yr extension
Blair Sturrock 2011 - Release
Harry Crawford 2012 - Keep
Matt Paterson 2012 - Release

Pretty much the same as Smiify with a couple of differences
GK:
Evans 2011 - Release
Morris 2011 - 1yr extension,

RB:
Clohessy 2012 - 1yr extension
Comminges 2011 - Release

LB:
Gilbert 2012 - Smother
Herd 2011 - Release

CB:
Mohsni 2012 - 1yr extension
Barker 2012 - 1 yr extension
Phillips 2012 - Release
Coughlan 2011 - Coaching role?
Prosser 2011 - Release

CM:
Anthony Grant 2012 - Keep, Sell if bid high enough
Craig Easton 2011 - 1yr extension
Lee Sawyer 2011 but option for 2012 - 1yr extension
Adam Bouzid 2011 - Release

W:
Ryan Hall 2011 - 1yr extension, option of 2nd year.
Louis Soares 2011 - Put in a sack throw off the pier
F:
Barry Corr 2012 - 1yr extension
Blair Sturrock 2011 - Release
Matt Paterson 2012 - Release

GK:
Evans 2011 - Get rid.
Morris 2011 - Keep

RB:
Clohessy 2012 - Keep
Comminges 2011 - Keep (providing he can prove fitness)

LB:
Gilbert 2012 - Keep
Herd 2011 - Get Rid

CB:
Mohsni 2012 - Keep
Barker 2012 - Keep
Phillips 2012 - Keep, providing he can prove fitness.
Coughlan 2011 - Keep, If retires, Asst/Coach
Prosser 2011 - Keep

CM:
Anthony Grant 2012 - Sell
Craig Easton 2011 - Keep
Lee Sawyer 2011 - Keep
Adam Bouzid 2011 - Get Rid

W:
Ryan Hall 2011 - Keep
Louis Soares 2011 - Get Rid

F:
Barry Corr 2012 - Keep
Blair Sturrock 2011 - Keep
Matt Paterson 2012 - Get Rid

That leaves: Morris, Bentley; Nesbitt, Gilbert, Clohessy, Comminges, Barker, Mohsni, Prosser, Phillips, Coughlan?; Easton, Ferdinand, Stevens, Woodyard, Hall, Smith, Sawyer; Corr, Sturrock, Crawford.

20/21 players, breaking down as 2 GKs, 8/9 DFs, 7 MFs and 3 CFs. Add a forward and two wingers, and I'd make that a reasonable squad to enter next season with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back