• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

class

SZ's Official Accountant⭐
Yes it's that time of year again where people bet on the 4 domestic league winners, in the hope of hitting one mega accumulator!! What are peoples tips for the 4 leagues this year. Naturally Southend for League 2, of course.....:winking:

My effort, with £5 each way:

Chelsea 5/1
Bolton 8/1
Swindon 9/1
Southend 16/1

Returns £45900 for the win part, can't be bothered to calculate place.

Interesting, 2 of yours are identical to mine! Mine pays £250,000 off a £8 stake! :dim:

I dislike the Swindon price but they've got money and an existing good team, so have a strong chance. Sheff Utd far too short, nobody else appeals. Bournemouth have money but need to build a team so they're not a runner for me at the moment.

What are yours class?

Chelsea 9/2
Birmingham 22/1
Swindon 8/1
Plymouth 25/1

Gone for Chelsea as they obviously have a realistic chance of winning the Prem, and 9/2 is very juicy! The two Manc clubs are too short odds to bet on.

Birmingham as they are a good solid team, and with another summer of Chris Hughton rebuilding and getting them playing football rather than hoofball, should be there or there abouts.

Swindon, for exactly the same reasons as you!

Plymouth - League 2 looks quite poor this year, and it's anybodes to win. So went for a solid outsider! The financial problems seem to be gone for now, and were good at home last year - so fingers crossed!

My predictions are:
Prem - Man U
Championship - Cardiff
L1 - Coventry
L2 - Southend

No idea on odds or anything, but those would be my choices.

Chelsea 9/2
Birmingham 22/1
Swindon 8/1
Plymouth 25/1

Gone for Chelsea as they obviously have a realistic chance of winning the Prem, and 9/2 is very juicy! The two Manc clubs are too short odds to bet on.

Birmingham as they are a good solid team, and with another summer of Chris Hughton rebuilding and getting them playing football rather than hoofball, should be there or there abouts.

Swindon, for exactly the same reasons as you!

Plymouth - League 2 looks quite poor this year, and it's anybodes to win. So went for a solid outsider! The financial problems seem to be gone for now, and were good at home last year - so fingers crossed!

you do know birmingham have a new manager? hughton is now with norwich.

I've backed Southend (16.1), Chelsea (5/1), Huddersfield (55/1) and Bradford (25/1) as my singles too. Bradford have bought well, not sure 25/1 is available anywhere now though.

I normally put a few on, this is tempting...

Prem - Man City
Champ - Leicester
Lg1 - Sheff Utd
Lg2 - Southend
BSQ Conf - Wrexham
BSQ South - Welling Utd
La Liga - Real Madrid
Bundesliga - Bayern Munich

£1 would return £382,396.30

Would a bookmaker actually payout that much or are they limited to an amount??

I normally put a few on, this is tempting...

Prem - Man City
Champ - Leicester
Lg1 - Sheff Utd
Lg2 - Southend
BSQ Conf - Wrexham
BSQ South - Welling Utd
La Liga - Real Madrid
Bundesliga - Bayern Munich

£1 would return £382,396.30

Would a bookmaker actually payout that much or are they limited to an amount??

Payouts for football are typically limited at around £1m. They certainly are for my firm and the other main high street bookmakers.

Good luck!

Back