• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
I thought it was worth starting a new thread for this season. As it stands today.

GK:
Dan Bentley 2013
Luke Chambers 2014

DEF:
Sean Clohessy 2013
Ryan Leonard 2013
Peter Gilbert 2012
Bilel Mohsni 2013
Chris Barker 2013
Mark Phillips 2014
Luke Prosser 2013
Graham Coughlan 2013
Anthony Straker 2014
Ryan Cresswell 2014

MID:
Michael Timlin 2013
Jean-Paul Kalala 2012 (2013 option)
Kane Ferdinand 2013
Alex Woodyard 2013
Dave Martin 2013
Ryan Hall 2013
Christian Dailly (Non-Contract)
Kevan Hurst 2014

FWD:
Elliot Benyon 2013
Neil Harris 2014
Barry Corr (Non-Contract)
Gavin Tomlin 2013

Total Under Contract: 20 (+2 Non-contract)
Out of Contract: 2

My simple guess would be that Mr. S will just be wanting a GK and the rest of us would be liking a GK plus Sir Fred. And then Mr S will be looking to get a few out on lone. Is Cocko still on playing staff?

My simple guess would be that Mr. S will just be wanting a GK and the rest of us would be liking a GK plus Sir Fred. And then Mr S will be looking to get a few out on lone. Is Cocko still on playing staff?

Surely you mean "loan"!!!

Otherwise Coughlan cannot surely still be considered as playing staff unless 15 or more players go down with a virus ....

As has been said we definitely need to strengthen in central midfield, at least one, either Kalala signing on or a new signing or a couple of new signings (one permanent, one on loan would do nicely).

A goalkeeper is obvious, and we do need to add another up front as we can't rely on Corr to play too much of a part. He may, but that will be a bonus.

The list still shows Leonard and Moshni as defenders ....... surely some mistake unless they are two different players from the Leonard and Moshni that I saw playing midfield ...................:moon:

Did we offer any other youngsters pro deals end of last year or was it just development contracts???

need a minimum of 5 strikers in the squad, a couple of knocks and someone off form and we wont score, personally wouldnt sign freddy but i dont know who else is available

That. This is how I see it.

GK:

Dan Bentley 2013
Luke Chambers 2014

DEF:
Sean Clohessy 2013
Chris Barker 2013
Mark Phillips 2014
Luke Prosser 2013
Anthony Straker 2014
Ryan Cresswell 2014

MID:
Michael Timlin 2013
Kane Ferdinand 2013
Alex Woodyard 2013
Dave Martin 2013
Ryan Hall 2013
Kevan Hurst 2014
Ryan Leonard 2013
Bilel Mohsni 2013

FWD:
Elliot Benyon 2013
Neil Harris 2014
Gavin Tomlin 2013

Total Under Contract: 19 (+1 Non-contract) plus Assistant Manager
Out of Contract: 1

GK:
Dan Bentley 2013
Luke Chambers 2014

DEF:
Sean Clohessy 2013
Chris Barker 2013
Mark Phillips 2014
Luke Prosser 2013
Anthony Straker 2014
Ryan Cresswell 2014

MID:
Michael Timlin 2013
Kane Ferdinand 2013
Alex Woodyard 2013
Dave Martin 2013
Ryan Hall 2013
Kevan Hurst 2014
Ryan Leonard 2013
Bilel Mohsni 2013

FWD:
Elliot Benyon 2013
Neil Harris 2014
Gavin Tomlin 2013

Out of Contract: 1

That's quite a tight little squad. Good cover in most areas with players being comfortable in more than one position yet only 21 strong. We all seem to think we need another 3, probably topped up with a couple of loan deals splashed in there, but a squad of 24(26) is pretty good compared to previous years.

Looking at our team mid season 2010/11 we've improved so much they're practically incomparable. Even compared to last year, even with 3 new signings we've trimmed our squad down reasonably (albeit losing a few youths) yet I'd say improved upon the squad. Obviously we've not made the final 3 or so signings but I'm quite confident they'll be of a decent standard.

Just goes to show how far we've come and how crazy it is when people take a pop at Sturrock.

Goalie required (unless we do play 11 upfront) clearly.

Central midfielder required (or perhaps 2 if Kalala is not fit/not kept on)

And another forward - remove Corr from the numbers and we look a little light upfront and I would prefer not to be taking someone in on loan. Have we had a good loan forward for the last couple of seasons? I can remember plenty like Midson and the lad from QPR who have not cut the mustard though ........

Goalie required (unless we do play 11 upfront) clearly.

Central midfielder required (or perhaps 2 if Kalala is not fit/not kept on)

And another forward - remove Corr from the numbers and we look a little light upfront and I would prefer not to be taking someone in on loan. Have we had a good loan forward for the last couple of seasons? I can remember plenty like Midson and the lad from QPR who have not cut the mustard though ........

Thanks for reminding me - asked Barry Corr how he was getting on, and he said fine, so hopefully he will be back ok.

IMO you cant count Woodyard - has never been up to it and i cant see Chambers ever playing and Bentley will be lucky to get games often so i cant see the squad being much bigger than 17 regulars at the moment ...

A good pre season for Barry corr and he could do us a fine job .And it was good to see that he is willing to play games on a non contract deal .That is true loyalty to the club that stuck by him though all his injury problems last season .:thumbsup:

GK:
Dan Bentley 2013
Luke Chambers 2014

DEF:
Sean Clohessy 2013
Chris Barker 2013
Mark Phillips 2014
Luke Prosser 2013
Anthony Straker 2014
Ryan Cresswell 2014

MID:
Michael Timlin 2013
Kane Ferdinand 2013
Alex Woodyard 2013
Dave Martin 2013
Ryan Hall 2013
Kevan Hurst 2014
Ryan Leonard 2013
Bilel Mohsni 2013

FWD:
Elliot Benyon 2013
Neil Harris 2014
Gavin Tomlin 2013

We seem really light upfront and in central midfield as well.

Assuming the two lads in goal to be likely to be out on loan, discounting Woodyard and recognising nothing can be taken for granted with Corr, I reckon we are at least five players short of the minium sized squad we will need.

Back