• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2012 Olympics: Iran in Boycott Threat

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Apparently Iran are considering boycotting 2012 because the logo looks like Zion (Israel to you and i) .. would we actually notice if Iran competed or not??

I always thought the cartoon that appeared of Lisa Simpson noshing off Bart in the shape of the logo was much closer than Zion in anycase

The allegations of it resembling the word Zion have been around for years... Ties in with allegations that the London Olympics are some New World Order conspiracy to rebuild Jerusalem in London.

With Iran out, I think our chances of getting 50 gold medals have increased immeasurably!

How many personal number plates have slightly re-arranged numbers?

2012 Z012 ZOIN ZION bit contrived to say the least though.

LOL - if I were Jacques Rogge, I'd be sorely tempted to write a short letter back to Ahmedinajad as follows:

Dear Mr. President,

Your latest outburst reminded me of a spoilt toddler. Please grow up, for heaven's sake.

Oh, and if you do take your ball away, no one will miss you.

Love

Jacques

Back