• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fixtures released on 19th June too, which is about the same as it was last year.

It's always the first or second Saturday in August. Personally I think it should start around the 3rd-7th and lose a game or two mid-week in December/January. Spread it out a bit more.

This year was a bit more congested because of the Olympics and I think because they want the seasons over before the Champions League? Next season should be kinder on players and teams.

Good. This season has been a total farce thanks to a combination of the late start/early finish and the weather. Some non-league clubs have been totally hamstrung by it. Guernsey were forced to bring Matt Le Tissier our of retirement.

It hasn't done us any favours either. So many games with no time for players to rest brought about the worst injury crisis I have ever seen.

I think an early start makes much more sense, especially as we don't really have a summer so we can't use the heat as an excuse.

I disagree. The season is too long.
Season used to start around mid-August and Cup Final was around May 8th ..a full week after the league season completed. It crams the games in very slightly more ...but gave players longer to re-energise (not sure our lads did too often) for a new season. Pre-season gives international players three or four weeks off. Ludicrous really!

Sounds good to me. I love the football season. The longer it is the better in my opinion

Wow that does not give me long to sort the annual 7-a-side tourney at Playfootball out..

Watch this space :smile:

Sounds good to me. I love the football season. The longer it is the better in my opinion

Indeed Westy, am looking forward to it already, lets get this season out the way asap and then storm our way out of League Two with promotion by Easter!
Bring it On! :clap:

Football league clubs were asked in a ballott. If they wished to.

Either to move the season forward by one saturday or have the same weekends games as 2012/13
They voted by ballott to have a extra weekend game and one less midweek game.
Hence the early start.
All down to revenue i suppose larger gate on a August weekend rather than a winter midweek game

My word, first time there's been a game on my birthday. Can i be a mascot? :unsure:

Back