• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
Afternoon all,

Just rang the ticket office to enquire about renewing my season ticket for next year, and was informed that they are not currently on salke at the moment, which even allowing for the fact that this is Southend United, I find a little odd.

However, notwithstanding the above, the guy said that he expected the price to go up when they went back on sale due to our promotion to League One - It's entirely possible I may have missed something here, in which case, my fault, but has there been a communication from the club about this happening up to this point, be it on social media or in written format?

I was a little bit taken aback by the fact he thought that everyone would assume the price would go up as we have been promoted - Maybe it's just me, but I hadn't reached that conclusion!!

Thanks guys.

They offered the chance to get an early bird price, ie regardless of division, from March time IIRC. So I think the way that was put, people expected them to go up if we went up. I certainly did.

Thanks both - as I say, I obviously missed it - In which case, "my bad" :)

That said, I was sure it was until June, but I guess not - Better raid the kids piggy banks......

Afternoon all,

Just rang the ticket office to enquire about renewing my season ticket for next year, and was informed that they are not currently on salke at the moment, which even allowing for the fact that this is Southend United, I find a little odd.

However, notwithstanding the above, the guy said that he expected the price to go up when they went back on sale due to our promotion to League One - It's entirely possible I may have missed something here, in which case, my fault, but has there been a communication from the club about this happening up to this point, be it on social media or in written format?

I was a little bit taken aback by the fact he thought that everyone would assume the price would go up as we have been promoted - Maybe it's just me, but I hadn't reached that conclusion!!

Thanks guys.

Yep, loads of threads on this. Like others I forgot to renew. My fault the communication was clear

They offered the chance to get an early bird price, ie regardless of division, from March time IIRC. So I think the way that was put, people expected them to go up if we went up. I certainly did.
As I said a couple of days ago in a different thread I paid for my season ticket for 2015-16 in March and my Senior ST for the East Stand had gone up from £220 to £235.

Don't mind the price hike but hope I can still have my own seat... I didn't read the deadline on renewing and kept forgetting and saying i will do it tomorrow.

To be fair the last few seasons we have had deadlines and then the club has extended the deadlines but they did this year stipulate they would not extend the deadline until they knew which league we would be playing in next season.
As said on anther thread I don't think the price will hike too much besides I think it would be daft to and I suspect that will give existing ST holders the chance to renew first.

Don't mind the price hike but hope I can still have my own seat... I didn't read the deadline on renewing and kept forgetting and saying i will do it tomorrow.

I think existing ST holders have their seats reserved until June 30th. Do seem to be taking their time sorting out putting them on sale again

I think existing ST holders have their seats reserved until June 30th. Do seem to be taking their time sorting out putting them on sale again

To be fair, I think a lot of those who make the decisions :winking: are on hols at the moment, I'm sure things will be resolved before too long.

Bit selfish, but I live in the North so away games will be my priority as Roots Hall is a long drag.
What about an away season ticket? Must be worthwhile for the clubs involved. I am not the only exile and I wonder if others fancy a 23 game away pass, would save all the telephoning and emailing for tickets. Can't be difficult to come up with something of value and would set a good example to others in the league:smile:

To be fair, I think a lot of those who make the decisions :winking: are on hols at the moment, I'm sure things will be resolved before too long.

Fair point. Thought they may haved moved a little quicker to capitalise on last Saturday's fantastic occasion

Surely any increase on £350 would have a negative affect on numbers.

Does that mean matchday ticket prices will go up as well?

Personally think that £350 and £21 respectively are more than enough for our level of football.

I am thinking about getting a season card this season , but probably wouldnt bother if the price jumps too high.

In lge one most match day prices wil be around £25 so I reckon ours has to go up

Back